Re: Boromir bracers

[quote=""Jamie Shakespeare""]Thanks for the info, I've sent the guy an email. The Kropserkel ones look awesome, there's a Kropserkel Witch King on the bay at the moment, looks pretty sweet! I'll post some pictures if and when I have the bracers :) [/quote]

What do you mean "...there's a Kropserkel Witch King on the bay at the moment, looks pretty sweet!". "Kropserkel Witchking" what?
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

[quote=""Jamie Shakespeare""]Hello all, I was just looking for some advice really on my next purchase. I love the look of the bracers of Gondor (Boromir bracers) on: http://www.leatherlore.com/gondor.htm my question is, does anyone here have a set from that guy and if so, can you tell me what they are like, are they worth ordering? I wanna get some but I just want to check with anyone who has some first. Cheers guys![/quote]

i have leatherlore bracers, and ive seen kropserkels bracers, i much prefer the leatherlore
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26347288@N ... 325725582/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26347288@N ... 325725582/
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.

Wow, witch king armor for 2k buyout

That's sick, it's 7k new.

EDIT: nvm, missing half the suit lol.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

to me the leatherworks looks ammasing,ceap us posted when you get your armbracers,jamie.

i can not seem to figuer out were this leathercraftmanship is lokated ?

but the ammason sectoin outfit, looks just great ,i love it :thumbs_up
wommen in leather ,damn :crazy:

[quote=""Jamie Shakespeare""]Thanks for the info Rick, Iv'e seen your photo's of the bracers before and thought they looked ace, didn't realise they were Leatherlores! Iv'e emailed them, hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow![/quote]

fyi - chip at leatherlore is not the fastest guy in the world, be patient
 ! Warning

[quote=""rick cottontree""]fyi - chip at leatherlore is not the fastest guy in the world, be patient[/quote]
Quality takes time. Anyone who truly cares about quality is usually a patient person. Their challenge is living in a world where most people want things yesterday.

Those bracers look awesome because they have quality written all over them :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

I'm very happy with my Kropserkel Boromir Bracers. They are one of the highlights of my collection. If I have one complaint about them, and I do only have one, is that the leather on the outer layer is so stiff that where it comes to a point over your wrist, it is not flexible at all. In the movie, you can see where Boromir's wrist motions over time have caused the leather to fold back a bit over the back of the hand. I think it could probably be done with the ones I have, but as is, they are impractical to wear for that reason alone. Beautiful to display though. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]I'm very happy with my Kropserkel Boromir Bracers. They are one of the highlights of my collection. If I have one complaint about them, and I do only have one, is that the leather on the outer layer is so stiff that where it comes to a point over your wrist, it is not flexible at all. In the movie, you can see where Boromir's wrist motions over time have caused the leather to fold back a bit over the back of the hand. I think it could probably be done with the ones I have, but as is, they are impractical to wear for that reason alone. Beautiful to display though. :thumbs_up [/quote]
Sounds just like a new pair of leather shoes; You have to wear them to break them in, but they aren't very comfortable until you do so.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Cheers guys, I indeed got an email from Chip today, and I'll be placing my order just as soon as I've finished posting this! On another note, I got back from a trip to London today (I study TV and Film set design, went to some of the prop houses, such as Farleys, who are supplying the new Sherlock Holmes film, and they also did some work on Gladiator) to find my nice new High Elven War Sword waiting! I'll keep you updated with the Boromir bracers, I'm excited!!
Last edited by Jamie Shakespeare on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""Jamie Shakespeare""]such as Farleys, who are supplying the new Sherlock Holmes film[/quote]

:O I wud have loved to have seen that. I love the props from the sherlock holmes film.

Sorry for that little of topic bit
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Hi all, I just wanted some opinions or advice really about those bracers, I ordered them from Leatherlore in January, and while Rick said to be patient, how patient do you think is enough? I still haven't got them, and while I have had one email since I received order confirmation (He said they were in the midst of other orders and e xp ected to have them on the way soon - that was six weeks ago on March 3rd) its now been twelve weeks since I ordered and paid. Any suggestions? Cheers in advance, Jamie

I'd say send another email an inquire as to the status of their completion.
Also, be patient, some things take longer than e xp ected. I totally underestimated how long it would take to make the finer chainmail mythril shirts I did by about 5 weeks, as in 5 weeks longer than e xp ected.

I'll echo what Thranduil said. When things like this are made to order, sometimes it can take a very long time for the product to be made. On another forum, there was a run of replica parts that took a year and a half from start to finish. People waited a long time, but it paid off :thumbs_up

Hope you get some good news from the maker of your bracers!

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

[quote=""Jamie Shakespeare""]On a side note, I've just received my Strider ranger coat from Soul revolver, and I can say, it's AMAZING :O cut shorter than Aragorns full length coat so I can wear it every day, I'm roasting to death but I don't wanna take it off![/quote]
Sounds like you're enjoying that coat. Great to have that feeling :)
Congrats :thumbs_up

That's quite the handsome coat Jamie, I can see why you're in love with it. :thumbs_up

[quote=""Jamie Shakespeare""] Long live anything LOTR related! (Or Hobbit, when that comes around)[/quote]
Yes. And thankfully for the films, long life has been granted to this literature.
And the collectibles related to it have perhaps opened the door to many young people to share it into generations to come. :)

[quote=""Jamie Shakespeare""]Just to tie up a loose end as I haven't been on in a while, I got the Boromir bracers, they were well worth the wait, and I'll try to get some pictures up asap![/quote]

Great, I can't wait to see the pictures! :thumbs_up
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

[quote=""Jamie Shakespeare""]Just to tie up a loose end as I haven't been on in a while, I got the Boromir bracers, they were well worth the wait, and I'll try to get some pictures up asap![/quote]
Hello! I am new to this great forum and I am just starting my aragorn collection. I just wanted to ask about the Aragorn/Boromir Bracers which you bought from leather lore. I contacted the site a couple of days ago but I have yet to hear a reply. I was just wondering how much the bracers cost you including postage/ packaging? I know on the site it says $259 per pair but did this include the under padding as well? It would be great if I could get any info from ye guys since it is a lot of money and where better to ask than here?! Thanks for your help in advance!

leatherlores bracers are first quality - i have a set and have seen kropserkels bracers ( i have some kropserkel armor) and i think the leatherlore bracers are much better in appearance and workmanship. you do get the inner and outer pairs. you have to be real patient with them at leatherlore, they are busy and they are slow, but they are well worth the time and effort and cost. i dont remember how much the shipping was. good luck
 ! Warning

Hey guys, sorry havint been on here in a while! I got a reply from chip at leather lore, the bracers are going to set me back $284 in total or approx 220 euro... not bad at all considering the quality of the bracers! I am placing an order tomorrow for a pair! :) Thanks for your help guys!

Return to “Lord of the Rings Inspired Leatherworks”