Re: Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all from me as well. Personally, I hope 2009 is much better than 2008... this past year my grandmother died in April, we had another major hurricane (Ike), an uncle of mine died in October, and my mom passed away this past Tuesday morning of cancer, so hopefully, 2009 cant be any worse and only better than 2008

[quote=""BladeCollector""]Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all from me as well. Personally, I hope 2009 is much better than 2008... this past year my grandmother died in April, we had another major hurricane (Ike), an uncle of mine died in October, and my mom passed away this past Tuesday morning of cancer, so hopefully, 2009 cant be any worse and only better than 2008[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that Blade, my deepest sympathies to you. It must be hard losing someone so close to the holidays.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Well, Merry Christmas, everyone, or Happy Solstice, or whatever winter holiday you observe! I am heading out tomorrow morning (weather permitting) to spend the holiday with my brother. We may have freezing rain in the morning, so things may be a little dicey. Last year on the way, I ran into freezing rain. I didn't have any trouble, but I saw big trucks that had just disintegrated all over the interstate when they lost it and rolled. I saw cars on their sides up against the tree line at the edge of the interstate, where they rolled to as they shot off the highway. It was some white-knuckle driving, I tell you.... In any case, since I am driving south and away from the cold, I am hoping that even if the roads are slick, I can get away from the area and on into a warmer area where there's no ice.

In any case, I will probably be off the board until Saturday (my brother's computer is slow as molasses in January and it's a total pain to use). So, Happy Holidays to everyone, and safe travels! And don't eat too much! (I've been doing that for several days).
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

BladeCollector, I'm sorry to hear about all of your losses this past year, and especially the most recent. As you say, things will only get better for you in the new year, my friend.

To everyone on UCF, may your Christmas be merry and bright, and all the best in the new year! I'm sure there will be a few new "Report your latest..." in a few days, and look forward to seeing some new pics!

Peace.
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

I dont know about Santa, but I do know the big brown sled known as UPS had multiple shiny pointed objects on it and should be in route to my house in a couple of hours from my sister in law who picked them up for me!

Should I say what is in those boxes or should I keep you wanting to know.....

Well Merry Christmas everyone, sorry I havent been around posting anything lately, just been to busy (although UCF is still one of the very first sites I click onto everyday). Hope everyone has a nice dinner, and all the best in 2010 :)
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

merrry christmas evry one.
and special thanks to thranduil,fore being there in hard times.
il give my thanks to valli,and sed ,who is like close to read my mind,when the truble whit the spelling and gramma is about to colabse.
to bad we have not spoke much to one another blade ,
to ed .glade you never give up your collection,my freind.

i whis you all a happy new year,.hope you are all still around for a new ,collectable sword fight.thanks my freinds

Happy new year to you also, am. I hope things are going better for you and that 2010 is looking a little brighter.

I know it is for me... 2010 is the year I finally finish all these years of pointless time consuming imprisonment in the "education" system. Just one more semester...
-_-

[quote=""am.dk""]merrry christmas evry one.
and special thanks to thranduil,fore being there in hard times.
il give my thanks to valli,and sed ,who is like close to read my mind,when the truble whit the spelling and gramma is about to colabse.
to bad we have not spoke much to one another blade ,
to ed .glade you never give up your collection,my freind.

i whis you all a happy new year,.hope you are all still around for a new ,collectable sword fight.thanks my freinds[/quote]
Thanks for the kind words am. It's always a pleasure to have you here with us (at least it is for me), I hope things are better for you and your sister. Have a happy New Year! God bless you and your sister.

Well everyone, it's that time of year again! This past year has been pretty rocky for lots of people: weak economy, lost jobs, and so forth. I'm sure we all hope for a better 2011.

I am setting out early in the morning for my Christmas trip. I may or may not log in during that time; my brother's computer is old and agonizingly slow, and he has only dial-up Internet access.

For anyone traveling, have a safe trip. If you're staying put, count your blessings, at least if you're in the snowy part of the world.

May all of us have a beautiful holiday filled with family and friends, good food, good gifts, and above all, that feeling of magic that flows from this sacred day.

And as Tiny Tim Cratchit said, "God bless us, every one!"

Merry Christmas and God bless to you as well, Olorin. Good luck on travels, and stay safe! Hopefully you'll get something nice and pointy under the tree, but at the very least you'll get good company, good food and good spirits, and that's worth more than all the blades out there. :thumbs_up

Oh, and maybe you should consider a high speed modem for your brother? :crazy:
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Yeah merry xmas everyone! The time of ale and salted lamb! =D

I'm kinda ****ed though lol, got this insane fever. Oh well, nothing a little beer can't remedy
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Merry Christmas and God bless to you as well, Olorin. Good luck on travels, and stay safe! Hopefully you'll get something nice and pointy under the tree, but at the very least you'll get good company, good food and good spirits, and that's worth more than all the blades out there. :thumbs_up
[/quote]
You're absolutely right Fin, good company, good food, and good spirits are the most valuable part of being human.

Ecclesiastes 3:12,13
"I know that there is nothing better for them than to be happy and enjoy themselves as long as they live; also that it is God's gift to man that every one should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil."

May everyone of us have a very Merry and Happy Christmas!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Darlak""]...is it really neccessary to quote the bible?[/quote]

uhhhh...Yeah. Since the Bible and Christmas are kinda sorta maybe intimately related....ya think? :thumbs_up

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Meh, the whole god bless you deal is more than enough for me.

Besides, christmas hardly has anything to do with christianity anymore.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Merry Christmas everyone, and happy holidays and new year. I know I haven't been so social on UCF as of late, and I've just started to revisit this site. I'm glad to see it still running, and the usual gang still posting. Hope all is well in your lives.

I have safely and successfully returned from Christmas, and I hope everyone else's holiday went well also. My trip was uneventful, other than that one of my cats meowed non-stop all the way "there and back again." I'd think her meower would just about be worn out, but she's carrying on about something out in the kitchen right now.

[quote=""Olorin""]I have safely and successfully returned from Christmas, and I hope everyone else's holiday went well also. My trip was uneventful, other than that one of my cats meowed non-stop all the way "there and back again." I'd think her meower would just about be worn out, but she's carrying on about something out in the kitchen right now.[/quote]

Cat-burger anyone?

[quote=""Darlak""]Cat-burger anyone?[/quote]

Obviously not a cat-lover.....

Or, in the words of another forum member (albeit in a different context)...."Well, that wasn't very nice." :(

Not a cat lover? I absolutely love cats, they taste wonderful! =)

Nah but seriously, I do like cats. They're not as much of a hassle as dogs, and they definately do have a personality. I do prefer dogs over cats though.

Merry Christmas!
Hope every one has a great weekend.

May SANTA bring you shiny sharp steel or polystone. :)

I e xp ect the elves to be busy this coming year readying many a Orcrist for next year :thumbs_up

And as Tiny Tim would say,

God bless us, everyone!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Thranduil""]
I e xp ect the elves to be busy this coming year readying many a Orcrist for next year :thumbs_up

[/quote]

I am definitely asking Santa for one of those next year!!!! :thumbs_up

Merry Christmas to you Thranduil and everyone else!
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

O! Tra-la-la-lally, 'Tis Christmas down in the valley!

....Sorry, couldn't resist that, it being kind of elvish.
But maybe it would have been more appropriate Dec 2012.

Finally got a Blu-Ray player (a slightly early gift).
But my two REAL Christmas presents will come late: Rivendell in January and Pre-ruin Orthanc in the spring.

But today everyone count your blessings and have a Merry Christmas!
Last edited by Deimos on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""BladeCollector""]Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukkah, and happy and merry all other holidays that I am not aware of![/quote]

And don't forget Festivus ("for the rest of us") :D

[quote=""am.dk""]whot is festivus?
deimos.i dont now what that means ??
is this some sort of a ritual?[/quote]

It's a "made-up" secular winter holiday right around Christmas.

I first heard about it on "Seinfeld" but found out later that it had been around long before that....since the 1960s.

Rather than trying to e xp lain all the details, go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

And it does indeed involve "rituals". :D

[quote=""Valkrist""]Merry Christmas to all, dear friends, and a very Happy upcoming New Year!!! :) [/quote]

hahaha Val, you wishing evryone a Merry Christmas alongside your avatar of Kirk, well it looks like Kirk is shouting "YOU WILL HAVE MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIENDS, AND THAT'S AN ORDER!" :D

[quote=""Thranduil""]Merry Christmas!
Hope every one has a great weekend.

May SANTA bring you shiny sharp steel or polystone. :)

And as Tiny Tim would say,

God bless us, everyone!
[/quote]

Yes, ditto! One thing I know I'm getting is the entire set of Harry Potter books in hard cover, so they will be on my reading list in the not too distant future.

But, most importantly, as Thranduil said, and as Tiny Tim said, God bless us, everyone!

Merry Christmas!

Return to “Announcements”