Re: Merry Christmas!!

It's that time of year again! It's so hard to believe how fast time passes any more, and it just gets faster each year.

If you're hitting the road over the holidays, as I am tomorrow, I wish you safe travels. If you're staying put, count your blessings—you don't have to worry about the weather.

I hope, as always, that everyone has had a safe and rewarding year, and that the upcoming holidays and the New Year are filled with joy, laughter, warmth, good health, new adventures, and familiar comforts.

Merry Christmas!
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! I can't believe it's already that time again. Thankfully I get to stay put, family is coming to me. :)

Everyone travel safe and enjoy your New Year; see you on the flipside in 2013! :thumbs_up
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Glad tidings of great joy.
NOEL!
Merry Christmas!
God bless us, everyone!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

And, I'm back from my trip. I cut my trip a day short due to an impending snowstorm.

This will be the first time in my life I've ever been anywhere except the old family home on Christmas night, and the first time since 1985 that I've slept in a real bed on Christmas night.

Tomorrow morning I'm heading out for Christmas and will be back Thursday. During this time, my visits here will be sparse at most.

So then, let me now wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Be safe, be joyous, and be at peace.

I certainly wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.
May God bless those of you traveling with safe passage there and back again.
Hope Santa brings you all wonderful toys, and your time with loved ones full of joy. :)
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I've had a full Christmas week myself. I was back up in Detroit seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Palace of Auburn Hills yesterday and spent the whole day in Clarkston. Happy Holidays to you all, and I'll see you on the other side of the Rose Bowl! Spartan Marching Band leaves tomorrow morning for LAX. :thumbs_up

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I've had a full Christmas week myself. I was back up in Detroit seeing Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Palace of Auburn Hills yesterday and spent the whole day in Clarkston. Happy Holidays to you all, and I'll see you on the other side of the Rose Bowl! Spartan Marching Band leaves tomorrow morning for LAX. :thumbs_up [/quote]

Don't forget you're going to pound the Cardinal for me too, Fin! :evil:

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Wishing everyone here on the UCF a very merry Christmas with all those you hold most dear!

Where I work we focus on the eighteenth-century and life in colonial Virginia. The following is a period verse we often share with our visitors:

Christmas is come, hang on the pot,
Let spits turn round, and ovens be hot;
Beef, pork, and poultry, now provide
To feast thy neighbors at this tide;
Then wash all down with good wine and beer,
And so with mirth conclude the Year.
~~ Virginia Almanac (Royle), 1765

And even after all these years (I've worked here longer than I will say :) ), I never tire of the holidays, the decorations, the traditions, and the programs. For those who are interested, here are some visuals:
http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.org/med ... t=holidays

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

[quote=""Fingolfin""]You work in Colonial Williamsburg? That's so awesome, that would be a wonderful job! :) [/quote]

I do, and it truly is. :) I've held many jobs here over the years, and for the last six years I've worked with K-12 teachers . . . and that has been an honor and a privilege. I have tremendous respect for what teachers do in the classroom.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Beautifully stated Buckeye , Been to your neck of the woods , next time i visit I'll warn you ahead of time . My daughter whom is 21 , keeps bugging me to go back for the night time ghost tours .

Anyway , a Very Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year ! ! May we all be Blessed to enjoy the Festive Holidays to the fullest and be safe and loved in doing so ! ! !

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Merry Christmas to all!

We in the lower elevations of AZ will have an especially frigid Christmas of a sunny 62 F :D .

Nothing special planned until 26 Dec when --while most other folks are battling over post-Christmas mark-downs-- I will be watching BOTFA :) .

I'm feeling very thankful for my UCF community today. Amazed that, despite turmoils, we're all still here over the years, finding great things to talk about. :)

I hope you all are having a great Christmas holiday! I spent last night with my Dad's extended family, packing a couple dozen people into my Grandma's old five room house for our traditional Czech Christmas celebration. Opened gifts with my family this morning, going to my girlfriend's house for her family Christmas next, then coming back here for dinner with my family and hopefully having the aunts and uncles over again. These are my two favorite days of the year, hands down. I wish the best to all of you and your families! :)

Belated Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Boxing Day to our UK members! ;)

I returned today from my Christmas travel. My Christmas was about par for the course...not too sucky, not too fabulous. Now I am entering the final 10 days or so of my time away from work, and I hope to kick back and enjoy. My agenda for this evening: watching the final supplements disc of DOS EE.

It's Christmas? ...again??? ... already!!!????

omg!... and I haven't even sent out Halloween cards yet!!!

Guess I''ll have to fast- forward on this , so ...MCtAatAaGN!**

** MERRY CHRISTMAS to All and to All a Good Night!

Arwyniel wrote:Merry Christmas from our home to yours!
Arwyniel, are those two little ones yours?
And if they are, they didn't object at all to being "dressed up"?

Deimos wrote:
Yes, those are my "kids". They don't mind, the girl (grey one) even dances around because she knows she's extra cute. I don't put them in clothes too often though.

Arwyniel wrote:
Deimos wrote:
Yes, those are my "kids". They don't mind, the girl (grey one) even dances around because she knows she's extra cute. I don't put them in clothes too often though.
Awesome photo Arwyniel! I was wondering if those were yours or not.

Hope everyone has a great holiday and I for one hope next year is a productive one. :cheers:

Merry Christmas to all and Happy Boxing Day to our friends from Her Majesty's Commonwealth. :cheers: I had a wonderful holiday week with some much needed rest and peace, and still have two more family gatherings today and tomorrow to celebrate. This is undoubtedly my favorite time of the year. :inlove:

This is awesome Arwyniel! You could sell that photo for sure :thumbs_up
They both look so into posing! Way too cute.

I have been out for the last few days, and forgot to post a Merry Christmas before I left, but nonetheless, it's still :inlove: and :cheers:
Hope everyone continues to enjoy the rest of this year!

Return to “Announcements”