Happy Birthday Swordsman!

Where ever you are right now... on behalf of UCForums, I would like to wish you a Happy Birthday! Thanks for putting together such a great community!! Wish you would drop by every now and again!

For newer members... Swordsman was the founder of these forums some many years ago. He worked hard and dedicated a lot of time to these forums back when LoTR movies were in theatres. He has since the torch onto myself and Justin.

Again... wishing you a Happy Birthday!! :cheers:
Valar morghulis

Re: Happy Birthday Swordsman!

Yes, a very belated Birthday to Swordsman. I hope he is in good health and in good spirits.

Thorin, do you know the last time he has checked in with us, or if hes done any new websites? I remember after leaving BbB he mentioned something about leather working. And by the way, I know we were not supposed to mention BbB since they no longer sponsor us, but their website has been underconstruction for ages, are they still active?
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Hi Everyone! I just happened to drop in and check out the old UCF this morning and happened to see the post for my birthday. I have to say it brought back many many happy memories to me. I made so many good friends here and had many interesting conversations I will long remember. It seems like only yesterday that we made our (UCF) debut. It makes me happy to see so many of you still here and it makes me happy to see the forums still growing and healthy. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on my birthday.

You will be happy to know that I am doing well...a few more years have been added as well as some grey hair. :) However I can not say that for BbyB. Due to the economy they decided to close the doors this past year. :(

Grima you have such a good memory of our conversations. You remembered that I was a medieval re-enactor and was also interested in leatherworking. I am currently building two new forums and websites for companies in the leatherworking industry. We have sponsorship for those forums from people like Tippman Leather Sewing Machines, Artiasan Leather Sewing Machines and Zack White Leather Co who is a major supplier of leatherworking supplies here in the south east. I will have more posts concerning when they are done. If any one here is interested in leatherworking and want to learn how to make saddles, holsters, scabbards one of the forums will allow you to Ask the pros how they do it. Our Pro Staff includes some 14 top names from the leather industries people like
  • Bob Klenda (saddle making)
  • Al Gould (saddle making)
  • Carl Suvaco (saddle making)
  • Matt Whitaker (holster making)
  • Barry King (leatherworking tools stamping & Carving)
  • Robert Beard (leatherworking tools stamping & Carving)
  • Lisa Sorrell (western Boots)
  • Rob Bennett (knife sheath/scabbard making)
  • Eric Edrich (lLeather & hides)
  • Cody Young (chap making)
  • Chan Geer (stamping Carving)
  • Ryan Neel (leather machinery)
  • Greg Carmack (western Boots)
  • Tim Cox ( leatherworking supplies)
Yea I know it's a shamless plug but I could not risist...if the board permits I will supply you with the details and urls.

Once again thak you all for keeping me in your thoughts

Swordsman
Last edited by Swordsman on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
It Is Better To Die On Your Feet, Than Live On Your Knees

Ah, nice of you to stop by Swordsman! Glad to hear you are doing well, and in good health. Too bad for BbB though, tough times I suppose.

Good luck with your forums and leather working, and I hope you will keep in contact with us, regardless of shameless plugs. You certainly created a great community here, and I have enjoined visiting throughout the years, and appreciate all the information you have provided. Thank you sir.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Return to “Announcements”