A Very Fond Farewell

Hello Friends,

It has been sometime since I last visited the forums and longer still since I made a post. I see many familiar faces but I also see some new faces as well! So, in my absence from the forums, let me take this opportunity to welcome you! However, I will also be offering a farewell of sorts.

My life has led me in new directions and away from my passion for this hobby. As a result, I have neglected the forums and maintaining my presence here is no longer the priority it once was. I won’t be selling my collection anytime soon – I still very much love them! What I did realize is that these forums are better off in the hands of those who still have the passion for them and the time too. And so I am stepping down from my position.

It has been a long time since the UCForums were first created and I remember those days fondly. With the proliferation of fantasy and science fiction in the last decade, there was a dire need for a place for sword collectors to gather and chat about the hobby. Back then, the conversations typically swirled around The Lord of The Rings, though it looks like things are slowly returning that way with The Hobbit trilogy (serious though... a trilogy?). When the initial craze of the movies died, the truly passionate collectors showed their colours. I’m thrilled to have had the chance to meet so many of you!

But that’s all in the past now and I’d rather leave on a happy note! I am not completely disappearing from the forums and my wonderful friends here have decided to chain me to the metaphorical desk that I sat in. I will be in from time to time to say hello and maybe even make a post!

It's been a blast everyone!

Happy Collecting!
:viking:
Valar morghulis

Re: A Very Fond Farewell

Well as I have said in the moderators thread, I am sad to see you officially go, but it is not a huge surprise, but that doesnt make me not do this :'( !

I will require you to stop in from time to time, or I will figure out how to install a redirect virus on your computer, so no matter what site you try and visit, you will be brought here.

Luckily there is still Facebook, or I would be even more sadderest than I am, unless you delete me! Then I will be most upsettester!

But we must follow the paths are lives takes us and sometimes that means leaving those familiar territories and set sails on new territories. Maybe I will make it up to Canada one of these days.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

—An Irish blessing
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

[quote=""Olorin""]May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

—An Irish blessing
[/quote]
I'll ditto Olorin.
Thanks for the forum :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Sad to see you step down, but all things must pass indeed. But I would not say do not weep, for not all tears are evil, or so a wise old wizard once told me! :) Do stop in from time to time, even if I don't know you well it's sad to see someone depart! But the road goes ever on and on, and you must follow if you can! A fond farewell. :thumbs_up
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Return to “Announcements”