Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! I'm going to celebrate my independence by going for a walk in the park, going out to Target for a little light shopping, probably making some potato salad, and hopefully ultimately going to the fireworks tonight!
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

Re: Happy 4th of July!

Yard work for me until about 5 PM....then off to a BBQ, followed by FIREWORKS at 9.
Also, please take a moment to remember the men and women in uniform who defend our flag, our country.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July holiday weekend! :D I celebrated at a big double birthday party on the fourth for my mom's cousin and his friend with fireworks and made a stop at a good friends house nearby as well. Also went for a golfing trip with my college buddies yesterday. Very thankful this weekend. :thumbs_up
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Story Time!

So... I have never spent more than $50 any given year on fireworks. Well this year is a bit different. I just got an awesome job, I am moving out of this terrible state (Indiana), and there were some sick sales going on. I spent about $650...

Well, because of this we had 3 back to back nights of fireworks. 4th, 5th, and 6th. I need to remind everyone that I live in the "ritzy" part of Indiana. If anyone watches Parks and Recreation, I live in Eagleton as it is called on the show or just Carmel, Indiana as it is in real life. Well, we had no problems on the 4th, but on the 5th and 6th we had angry neighbors driving by cursing at us to shut down because their "@#$%ing kids are @#$%ing trying to sleep" because the 5th and 6th happened to be on Sunday and Monday night. Now, let's think about this for a second. On the 4th, we finished blowing up at 2300; on the 5th at 2330; and on the 6th at 2230. City ordinance allows us to go to 0000 up until July 9 and these "weeknights" really mattered how exactly since kids are on summer vacation? Now, I get it. My wife and I have had some absolutely horrible neighbors. Throwing block parties and drunk tweens passing out on our car while we are studying for finals. I know what inconsiderate is, but when sunset in my part of the country is at 2150 and at 2200 neighbors who we have never met do not come up to us with nice requests to stop, but rather with cursing and yelling, I say party until I cannot anymore. Best part is, even after they yelled at me, I invited them and their families over to watch which only ticked them off more. One even floored his car in our neighborhood, easily going 35-40 mph down the street. If I woke up his kids, at least I won't kill them if they ran into the street! I already posted this on facebook and got a lot of positive responses, but I just decided to share it with you all.

It is also another place for me to make this pledge: I pledge if I ever have kids not to let my chosen restless nights, poopy diapers, sicknesses, and all the other horrible things that come with parenthood to make a self-centered Witch King. I understand that there are still those out their living their lives without kids and enjoy their freedom. I understand that while it may be an inconvenience, that there are more important things to be mad about, like human trafficking.

Anyways, I am editing a 4th of July VLOG for our youtube channel. I'll post it here so you all can see some cool fireworks when I am done! We had an awesome holiday celebration and just laugh at other people's insolence :D
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Decide what to defend your castle with at www.castlekon.com

Buckeye wrote:Congratulations, Rev, on finally escaping Indiana. It must be a huge relief!
Absolutely! We are staying in Indy until GenCon and I fly back and forth to Charlotte, NC every week until we move permanently to NC.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

RevAnakin wrote:Absolutely! We are staying in Indy until GenCon and I fly back and forth to Charlotte, NC every week until we move permanently to NC.
Just a few hours down the highway from me. NC has much more interesting geography that very flat Indiana. You'll also be within easy driving distance of the Outer Banks. Enjoy!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Valkrist wrote:Dang it, Rev, I was hoping you were going to move to Oregon or Washington. That way I could meet you and N2 in one swoop.
I know right? But when the NC job offers $30k/year, one does not turn down that type of opportunity. :D

So , Val, be flexible...just go to N. Carolina and meet Buckeye and Rev instead.
Weather should be interesting as they are in hurricane season now. :laugh:

Coming from Florida last year, there is no Carolina hurricane I can't handle :p

I'd love to meet you, too, Val! In fact, it would be wonderful to meet as many fellow UCF members as possible. In a previous fandom I was able to meet and get to know many people I consider lifelong friends. An opportunity to meet kindred spirits is always a good thing. :inlove:

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Deimos wrote:So , Val, be flexible...just go to N. Carolina and meet Buckeye and Rev instead.
Weather should be interesting as they are in hurricane season now. :laugh:
They're no fun, mind you, but hurricanes can be handled. It's the oppressive hazy, hot, and humid (emphasis on humid) weather for months on end that is so hard to deal with. Ugh.

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

I found it interesting to read Rev's comments about Carmel, being myself semi familiar with Carmel or at least its reputation. Several times a year I make it over to Indianapolis for day trips and sometimes pass through Carmel on the way back, depending on which way we come back. Also, I have a friend who currently lives in Carmel, although I only see him maybe once every five years, and another friend who is from that area originally. I don't think first friend is too keen on Indiana, although he likes it better than Kentucky, where he finished college and had his first real postcollege job. Second friend is always going on about how great and wonderful Hamilton County is (where Carmel is located), particularly Noblesville where he is originally from. To me, it sounds like a somewhat snooty, country club Republican type of area. I also find it very interesting that in this area where Republicans reign unchallenged, Carmel has managed to spend itself billions of dollars into debt.

On the plus side, Carmel seems to be very progressive in the use of roundabouts, or traffic circles as you may know them, which are a really great idea in terms of saving gasoline, saving money, saving air pollution, etc. The Indianapolis area as a whole also seems to do really good job with its ongoing highway reconstruction program, including making the retaining walls and so forth visually appealing instead of just being featureless concrete faces. Indianapolis is also a fun place to go to shop and eat, and it is so much easier to get around in than Chicago.

Buckeye wrote:...[H]urricanes can be handled. It's the oppressive hazy, hot, and humid (emphasis on humid) weather for months on end that is so hard to deal with. Ugh.
It's interesting how in every part of this country there is one aspect of the weather (or climate) that evokes a comment like , "It's the [whatever] that I could do without."

Where I am it's the summers with their not infrequent 110-115 F temps accompanied by relentless sunshine, until mid July though mid Sept those same temps come with towering cumulonimbus clouds, 50% humidity, and stupendous rolling walls of dust, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4Cx44XKZ4 followed by 30 minutes of spectacular (and deafening) thunderstorms and flash-flooding.

Yet in N2's and Val's neck of the woods, {I have been told by my Boeing counterparts in Seattle] that it's the cloudy rainy weather for days on end that that become tiresome.

The months of really heavy snow with the attendant "cabin fever" in the northern states, contrasted with places such as NC (and Florida) where Buckeye and Rev are that have both the heat the oppressive and exhausting humidity.
And then there's Minnesota (hey jnicktem!) where half the year it's the heavy show and the other half it's the humid summers....double whammy. (At least in Phoenix for 8 - 9 months the weather is glorious.)

I lived in HI for 3 years and I hated what a lot of people called "Paradise" .
There were no real discernible seasons ( I love autumn in the mid-west and Northeast), just more rain December through April, but it rains every single day (usually a couple of hours between midnight and dawn) and the temps ranged from 70-95F, and it being the tropics, it was always really, really humid. Your skin always felt damp, because normal perspiration never really evaporated ... and jeez, after any kind of exertion you'd almost keel over with heat exhaustion, 'cause your body couldn't cool down.

Olorin has mid -Midwestern winters and fun tornadoes in the summers ...(I know all about that weather, having lived my first 20 years in St Louis),

Can anyone claim to live in a more or less ideal location for weather? (A subjective judgment, to be sure :rolleye: )

Olorin wrote:I found it interesting to read Rev's comments about Carmel, being myself semi familiar with Carmel or at least its reputation. Several times a year I make it over to Indianapolis for day trips and sometimes pass through Carmel on the way back, depending on which way we come back. Also, I have a friend who currently lives in Carmel, although I only see him maybe once every five years, and another friend who is from that area originally. I don't think first friend is too keen on Indiana, although he likes it better than Kentucky, where he finished college and had his first real postcollege job. Second friend is always going on about how great and wonderful Hamilton County is (where Carmel is located), particularly Noblesville where he is originally from. To me, it sounds like a somewhat snooty, country club Republican type of area. I also find it very interesting that in this area where Republicans reign unchallenged, Carmel has managed to spend itself billions of dollars into debt.

On the plus side, Carmel seems to be very progressive in the use of roundabouts, or traffic circles as you may know them, which are a really great idea in terms of saving gasoline, saving money, saving air pollution, etc. The Indianapolis area as a whole also seems to do really good job with its ongoing highway reconstruction program, including making the retaining walls and so forth visually appealing instead of just being featureless concrete faces. Indianapolis is also a fun place to go to shop and eat, and it is so much easier to get around in than Chicago.
So here is my take on Carmel and Indianapolis...

Why we originally moved here from Orlando (Pros):

- Higher paying jobs: $75k for EE right out of school vs $60k in Orlando.
- Lower cost of living: $1400/month for 1900 sqft house built in 2002 vs $1450/month for 1500 sqft house built in 1950 in Orlando.
- Virtually no crime: actually Carmel and Fishers tied for safest cities in America vs Orlando being one of the most dangerous cities in America
- Forbes rated Carmel as best city in America to live standard of living wise
- I love round-a-bouts :D

All of the above are great IF you go to church and have kids, and have a low standard for food quality. The schools are great, there are tons of Christians to chat about Jesus with, and if Olive Garden is your nice restaurant out place then Carmel is it for you.

The cons:

For a young married, Buddhist couple with no kids, it has been virtually impossible to make friends here since we do not go to church or have kids to drag us to PTA meetings. The restaurants seriously lack even downtown Indy. We have tried 8/10 of the top 10 restaurants in Indy, one night dropping $250 on a meal for two and it was still just bleh. Everything here is just drenched in oil and salt and no one uses spices and herbs. It is sad when the best restaurant in a 50 mile radius is Chipotle. Oh and "Hoosier Hospitality" is a joke. Yeah, compare people from Indiana to Chicagoans and they are "polite," but compared to Southern Hospitality, Hoosier Hospitality is sad. I mean, one day in Charlotte, I received more please and thank yous than a year in Indiana. Also, EVERYONE HERE SMOKES! It is horrible especially outside of restaurants where the law only requires an 8 foot distance from the door to smoke and it is WINDY here. Smoke constantly all around us when we go out. Ick...

And Carmel itself is very, very snooty as you say. We are very happy to be moving. We have also had a hell of a time with our HOA here trying to tell us our flowers are "weeds." Total BS. Nevertheless, we were really considering Washington state, but the pay wasn't there and the days seem a bit too cloudy for the wife (a born Floridian). We hope to find a nice piece of property to finally settle down on outside of Charlotte so I can build my castle and gun range out in the back yard :D

Oh and so this is still remotely on topic, far enough away that I can shoot off fireworks whenever!

RevAnakin wrote:
Olorin wrote:I found it interesting to read Rev's comments about Carmel, being myself semi familiar with Carmel or at least its reputation. Several times a year I make it over to Indianapolis for day trips and sometimes pass through Carmel on the way back, depending on which way we come back. Also, I have a friend who currently lives in Carmel, although I only see him maybe once every five years, and another friend who is from that area originally. I don't think first friend is too keen on Indiana, although he likes it better than Kentucky, where he finished college and had his first real postcollege job. Second friend is always going on about how great and wonderful Hamilton County is (where Carmel is located), particularly Noblesville where he is originally from. To me, it sounds like a somewhat snooty, country club Republican type of area. I also find it very interesting that in this area where Republicans reign unchallenged, Carmel has managed to spend itself billions of dollars into debt.

So here is my take on Carmel and Indianapolis...

Why we originally moved here from Orlando (Pros):

- Higher paying jobs: $75k for EE right out of school vs $60k in Orlando.
- Lower cost of living: $1400/month for 1900 sqft house built in 2002 vs $1450/month for 1500 sqft house built in 1950 in Orlando.
- Virtually no crime: actually Carmel and Fishers tied for safest cities in America vs Orlando being one of the most dangerous cities in America
- Forbes rated Carmel as best city in America to live standard of living wise
- I love round-a-bouts :D

All of the above are great IF you go to church and have kids, and have a low standard for food quality. The schools are great, there are tons of Christians to chat about Jesus with, and if Olive Garden is your nice restaurant out place then Carmel is it for you.

The cons:

For a young married, Buddhist couple with no kids, it has been virtually impossible to make friends here since we do not go to church or have kids to drag us to PTA meetings. The restaurants seriously lack even downtown Indy. We have tried 8/10 of the top 10 restaurants in Indy, one night dropping $250 on a meal for two and it was still just bleh. Everything here is just drenched in oil and salt and no one uses spices and herbs. It is sad when the best restaurant in a 50 mile radius is Chipotle. Oh and "Hoosier Hospitality" is a joke. Yeah, compare people from Indiana to Chicagoans and they are "polite," but compared to Southern Hospitality, Hoosier Hospitality is sad. I mean, one day in Charlotte, I received more please and thank yous than a year in Indiana. Also, EVERYONE HERE SMOKES! It is horrible especially outside of restaurants where the law only requires an 8 foot distance from the door to smoke and it is WINDY here. Smoke constantly all around us when we go out. Ick...

And Carmel itself is very, very snooty as you say. We are very happy to be moving. We have also had a hell of a time with our HOA here trying to tell us our flowers are "weeds." Total BS. Nevertheless, we were really considering Washington state, but the pay wasn't there and the days seem a bit too cloudy for the wife (a born Floridian). We hope to find a nice piece of property to finally settle down on outside of Charlotte so I can build my castle and gun range out in the back yard :D

Oh and so this is still remotely on topic, far enough away that I can shoot off fireworks whenever!
Continuing slightly on-topic, home fireworks are illegal here except for things like sparklers and smoke bombs.

Going a little further back off topic, if your HOA is opining on what's in your landscaping, you're in too high-falutin' of a subdivision.

I'd be the first to admit that Indianapolis is no New York or Chicago, but I'd think it was surely big enough to have some sort of Buddhist temple or gathering place (forgive my ignorance of your faith, not knowing if you have meeting places and so forth, though I seem to recall being in a Buddhist temple in Seattle many years ago). That said, I'm not a church-goer either, though raised a Christian and still nominally one. I guess I don't care about meeting people. I enjoy most of the people I work with well enough, and have a few friends outside of work from other arenas of my life, and I guess that's enough for me. But I definitely understand when people complain about not being able to meet people (though it's usually singles trying to hook up).

In Illinois, smoking in public places is illegal, even in bars and casinos. Every time I step foot across the state line, I am suddenly shocked to remember that it isn't that way everywhere else.

Weather: it is what it is, everywhere. I've learned to tolerate our weather here in the Midwest, though I hate heat and humidity. If it gets too hot, I stay inside. Someone posed the question: what place has ideal weather? I'd say San Francisco: not too hot in summer, not too cold in winter. However, the cost of living there is off the charts, and there's a really good chance of it getting whammed by a really big earthquake again some day.

At any rate, as long as people are happy where they live, that's what counts. Loving where you live makes you feel more patriotic. And now the thread is back on track. :laugh:

Interesting talk here that I missed. We blow stuff up for like five days around the 4th here in SE Michigan without much complaint. It's a pastime, although one that my parents don't partake in, we do go watch plenty of fireworks.

Regarding the weather, I've always thought we had it good here; floods are very minimal, tornadoes typically aren't dangerous and rare, no earthquakes, four distinct seasons, snow is enough but not too much, heat is hot but bearable. It's nice to have some safe variety. However, thanks to climate change (ahem, don't mean to be political...just saying what the scientists say and I can see!), even in my short 20 years around here, I can see our seasons changing. We get less snow than we did when I was younger, and when we do, it hits us like a ton of bricks sometimes. Yeah, I'm well aware of the great blizzards of the late 70's, but the weather is getting more random. We're just now starting to get real summer heat, which normally would have hit about a month ago. And our winters are clinging on longer, making it real hell for the farmers around here, my family included...not to mention the unexpected summer deluge of rain.

Ramble ramble ramble

At any rate, who knows what our comfortable weather will be around here fifty years from now. My county is a reclaimed swamp filled with carbon emissions from the auto industry, so we'll undoubtedly see some change in weather patterns.

I was waiting for your annual "happy 4th", Olorin.

So sorry your weather is not very cooperative.
You can have some of our sun...(we'll never miss it).... except you'd have to take the 110F with it :-p
100% sunshine today....the evening will be nice , though.

Haven't yet decided where to go for FIREWORKS at 9...lots of choices.

The hottest I ever remember it being here was 105 a few years ago. With our humidity, it was, shall we say, pretty unbearable. I only left the house that day for about 30 seconds, just long enough to be to the mailbox and back. So I shall decline your generous offer of loaned heat. :lol:

I don't mind it being a little dreary. I know some people get offended on these summer holidays if it's not sunny and 90+, but not me. I was able to do a little light yard work without breaking a sweat, and it's not often you can say that around here on the 4th of July.

Anyway, the weather today seems perfect for an ambient instrumental U2 track called "4th of July:" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ7puU2yOAw

RevAnakin wrote:We #Brexited before it was cool!
HAHAHA!!! Excellent, Rev! (took me a few seconds to get it :rolleye: )

Even later to the party, but ten days ago (has it REALLY been ten days already?!?) I spent the Fourth of July in Nashville, Tennessee. I have a multitude of pictures to share from my journey to the American South, but they'll have to wait a couple more days. The fireworks in Nashville were absurd, really. I mean that in an endearing way; 16 tons of fireworks, accompanied by the Nashville Symphony Orchestra. We had a little rain, so they had to hold off an hour, but they had the show by 10 PM. By the time we got to the grand finale, so to speak, I couldn't see the Tennessee Titans football stadium across the river - and it's not that big of a river. :O My ears were ringing and the smoke was incredibly high by the end of it. It was a very unique Independence Day! :cheering:

Happy 4th of July! So far this morning I have put fresh water seal on my patio steps and done a little light yard work. I finished about 10:30 and came in soaked with sweat. An hour later, the temp is still "only" 88 but the dewpoint is 79. Suffice it to say, it's a sauna. But that's July in the Midwest.

My fourth will include a little light shopping, then I'm going to throw together a few summer holiday type foods, like potato salad, for dinner. This evening I will spray down with mosquito repellant, brave the traffic and the humidity, and go to the fireworks. For a modest-sized city, we have a pretty respectable display.

With the 4th falling in the middle of the week, I didn't take any extra days off work. Whenever it falls on a Tuesday or Thursday, I take off Monday or Friday, and have a nice 4-day weekend. Probably some people will take off tomorrow and Friday, so it will at least be a little quieter than usual around the office after the holiday.

We intentionally steer these forums clear of politics, and this comment is not intended to be political, but with so much division in the country, I hope that today people can put all that aside for a while and remember that what we have in common is so much more important than what separates us.

Yes, Happy Fourth to all in the 50 states and five territories.
Will head over to the local municipal pool to do some laps, run a half dozen errands, than back home for brats.

Then at 9PM will sit on my front porch to watch three, count 'em, three, simultaneous professional FIREWORKS displays:
One to Northeast (put on by unknown party ) one due east, (put on by the city) and one to the southeast, (again by parties unknown).
Then for some TJ's Key Lime Pie....yum.
Last edited by Deimos on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Happy 4th to all my southern friends. :big_wave:

I will echo what my friend Olorin said, and that despite an unprecedented worsening of relations between two countries that have historically been like brothers to one another, that Canada stands arm in arm with you through whatever the future may hold.

We just had our Canada Day three days ago, and quite frankly, I was happy to let it pass as just another normal day. Did not go see fireworks, but I certainly heard them. :laugh:
This Space for Rent

I hope everyone had a relaxing 4th. For my part, I spent the day much like every day, running like mad and trying to get caught up on work and errands. I did take the evening off to spend with family, and ended up going to Grand Rapids, MI for a massive municipal fireworks display this past weekend. A little belated, but we had fun all the same. :thumbs_up

Happy 4th! My plans for today include putting together a new pressure washer and then going out and blasting the algae off my siding. This evening I'll go to the fireworks, weather permitting. And in between, I'll enjoy the first day of what for me will be a four day weekend, since I've taken Friday off.

I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing holiday!

Happy 4th of July to all AMERICANS at home and abroad!
Saw this tweet... Brits are gracious losers (maybe not at the time, but they got over it well enough :lol: )

British Army Tweet.jpg

So...I will again watch several FIREWORKS shows simultaneously, and end the evening with a slice of TJ's Key Lime Pie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Deimos on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olorin wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:46 am Happy 4th, everyone! I’m listening to Sousa marches right now.
Happy 4th of July! I'm getting ready for my annual viewing of the movie 1776. :cheers:

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Yep...Happy 4th to all us US citi-ziens. :db: :btr: :cd: :jump:

And I'm celebrating by way of honoring Benjamin Franklin**, in that I am having a beer...or three. :cheers:

**Interesting note on ol' Ben (courtesy of Wikipedia) :
Benjamin Franklin is the only founding father to have signed all four of the key documents establishing the U.S.:
The Declaration of Independence (1776),
The Treaty of Alliance with France (1778),
The Treaty of Paris establishing peace with Great Britain (1783)
And the U.S. Constitution (1787).

Bumping this (sort of) ...

As I post this it's still the 4th of July in western parts of the US, Alaska and Pacific locales

Yep...Happy 4th to all AMERICANS at home and abroad!
And I'm celebrating by way of honoring Benjamin Franklin**, in that I am having a beer...or three. :cheers:

**Interesting note on ol' Ben (courtesy of Wikipedia) :
Benjamin Franklin is the only founding father to have signed all four of the key documents establishing the U.S.:
The Declaration of Independence (1776),
The Treaty of Alliance with France (1778),
The Treaty of Paris establishing peace with Great Britain (1783)
And the U.S. Constitution (1787).

A day late, but happy Independence Day to all here in the US!

I miss the days of having my nephews over and setting off our massive fireworks displays. Nowadays we spend the evening of the 4th watching it on tv and drugging two of our dogs who freak out at the noise!
KRDS

I'm nearly surrounded by commercial grade or almost commercial grade fireworks going off.

A mile and a half east of my house the city (Mesa) has its formal 4th display which I can see at about 30 deg above the horizon, high enough to clear the rooftops.
Straight north of me at less than a half mile a private citizen sets off (from his house) lower end commercial grade stuff (mostly the chrysanthemums) that explodes nearly overhead.**
It's so close I can hear the whistling of the rockets as they ascend.
NE and a mile away a civic group sets off its high end display...that one about 45 deg above the horizon.
Also due east of me but less than a quarter mile away, another guy sets off the lower end stuff (again from his house) and THAT explodes nearly overhead.**
Finally, south of me about a half mile yet another patriotic citizen ;) privately sets off a pretty high end display.**
This is ongoing from one quarter or another beginning at 8:30 until about 10PM (Recall that AZ doesn't observe daylight savings so its getting dark by 8:30).

** These "private shows" are, of course, totally illegal. But here's the interesting thing: The commercial grade "mortar launched" fireworks can be sold and bought within the city limits by anyone twice a year; for the 4th of July and for New Year's Eve.
But it is at all times illegal for a private citizen to set them off within the city limits.
But the city figures that people are going to acquire them anyway, so it may as well allow the sales and thereby get the sales tax.
Then it will set Mesa's Finest on you if you actually launch them..... Except the city never does, at least not around me.
I've been watching all these "Multi-displays" for at least 15 years.
Kielbasa and kraut w/fried potatoes, beer, key lime pie, Sousa marches playing in the background, and watching all these lovely pyrotechnics :cheers:

Tons of people set them off around here, too. I mostly don't care as long as nothing lands on my property and sets it alight. My cat used to be frightened of the noise, but she got over it. But my overriding thought on this is, how can people afford this stuff? It's got to be way expensive!

Most people who shoot off morter style shells buy Class C; they aren't a really large display, they don't go very high...maybe 100 ft at most.
They cost between $10 and $20 per shell. If you buy in bulk it will be less than $10 per bang.
They are nice for a block party type celebration , or if you have a fair amount of space on your own property.
But, again, in my city (and I think in every municipality in the state), a private citizen can buy them, but they can't shoot them off.
Or maybe you have to get a permit.

The true commercial ones are Class B Fireworks, which are shot with cannon/morter.
These start at about $50 per pop, and go up from there, depending on complexity, colors etc.
They will go at least 100 feet up and will be a huge blossom.
These are the ones that the city and the civic group use (legally).
They are also the ones my immediate neighbors are using (illegally.) ;):

As for affordability... lots of people set budgets for Christmas spending (some even adhere to them :lol:) so I imagine that people could budget for these (whether Class B or Class C).
Ten Class B shells is $500, 20 is $1000....and I'm pretty sure there would be bulk discounts available.
Not saying that $1000 or even $500 isn't a lot of money (it is), but it's doable if you put aside a little $$ every week...maybe forego some Starbucks every now and then ;)

But I'll let the pyromaniacs who like to fire off noisemakers spend their own money.... I can sit back and enjoy the show for nothing :cheers:

Return to “Announcements”