Dragon Hoard

UCForums Unveils Newest Feature!

The admins of UCForums are very excited to announce and open our newest feature of our site:

The UC Forums Dragon Hoard

What is the Dragon Hoard? It's your chance to create a database of your collection! You can also view the collections of other users. Use of the Dragon Hoard also enables Collection Signatures again! You'll notice the admins are sporting these new signature areas. As soon as you start building your collection within Dragon Hoard, you can start showing off your own hoard!

*Right now, Dragon Hoard only has United Cutlery Lord of the Rings/Hobbit items. In the future, we'll be including other companies such as Noble Collection, Weta, and even those of our own local smiths!

*Dragon Hoard is in beta. This means that while it's fully functional, you may stumble across a bug here and there. We encourage you to report any bugs here!

*Being in beta means that there are plenty of new features to come in the future! Feel free to make suggestions/requests.

We hope everyone enjoys Dragon Hoard and we look forward to building it up with your help!

Re: Dragon Hoard

A cool little feature, but I can't access it. Every time I try it asks me to sign in, which I do then I'm returned to the index. If I try again, the same happens. I'm using Chrome if that info is needed :)
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Lindir wrote:A cool little feature, but I can't access it. Every time I try it asks me to sign in, which I do then I'm returned to the index. If I try again, the same happens. I'm using Chrome if that info is needed :)
EDIT:... It literally just started working for me after I typed this out :rolleye:
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

A very cool and well done addition. Huzzah for the return of the collection list option for signatures! It worked very well for me and I was done in a flash. I'm looking forward to the addition of other collectibles to the database options. Congrats, guys!

One question... I only see one version of the Gondorian Shield listed. Was that intentional?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Thank you! :)

No, the omission is not intentional, we're just using you guys to find out what we missed, and there you have it. In fact, the recent UC re-issues seem to have been passed over. Just this morning the newer Sauron Helm was added to the list, but that leaves the second Gondorian Shield and Sauron Gauntlet to be put in. Also, if you guys can tell us the edition sizes, that will make things faster. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

Accolades go to our resident code-monkey, GW, with some input and suggestions from the rest of us. 8-)

P.S. - Yes, we are aware that those of you with moving .gif images for avatars, such as Mag and Arwyniel, are not displaying correctly at the moment.
This Space for Rent

Well, I thought I was missing something somewhere on how to do this. I randomly clicked on someones signature and it lead me to the Horde and was very easy from then on. Great idea and a lot easier than typing it all out. :thumbs_up Looking forward to the Weta selection.

Tiny question... for those of us with text in our signatures, the collection list butts right up against the text. Would it be possible to add some space immediately above the collection list box?

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Glad everyone has been enjoying Dragon Hoard! We're itching to get other companies and a few other more interesting (we think, anyway...) features to it! We've decided to keep it simple for launch though, so as to root out any fundamental bugs.

What's really good about Dragon Hoard, is that we built it from the ground up. So there are no rules to how it works on its own; we can do whatever we want. How it plays with phpBB (our forum software) is a little more restricted, but I'm not opposed to hacking where we need to. :)

*Signatures - Feel free to make any suggestions as to how you'd like the signatures to appear. I can absolutely add some space in there between your standard signature and the Collection Signature.

*Missing/Incorrect Items - Definitely let us know about any inaccuracies you see. Unfortunately, companies are not forthcoming with easy-to-import data for their products, so we're limited by what we have access to/can hunt down. The current list grew from the UC Checklist posted on this forum, in fact, so it was fairly easy to create from there.

*Miniature UC - I can absolutely add these in! I don't know why they slipped my mind, given that I've been hunting them myself lately!

*New Companies - As I said above, getting all of the items from companies into our database is tricky. But that's where you guys can come in! The more help we get from members, the better. All we need is a good spreadsheet of product information (Model numbers, Names, release date/time, etc.) and we can rip that into our database!

GuardianWolf wrote:Glad everyone has been enjoying Dragon Hoard! We're itching to get other companies and a few other more interesting (we think, anyway...) features to it! We've decided to keep it simple for launch though, so as to root out any fundamental bugs.

*New Companies - As I said above, getting all of the items from companies into our database is tricky. But that's where you guys can come in! The more help we get from members, the better. All we need is a good spreadsheet of product information (Model numbers, Names, release date/time, etc.) and we can rip that into our database!
First , kudos to you GW and any behind the scenes wizardry assistance you may have had in adding the Dragon Hoard feature :bowing:

So, I think it was you who said that our listings from the old "My Collection" are still [somehow?] available to you?
Can you still [again somehow?] get one's listing and send it to them?

There were quite bit of other manufacturers' names in mine, and I'd like to suggest some names to you, I mean other than Thrandy [aka War Horse Armory], N2, John Lowe and Indyprops (some of the few I can specifically recall).
Can do?... or No can do?
Last edited by Deimos on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Good idea, Deimos. Hopefully GW will be able to retrieve that info as it should be stored in the database when we ported everything over from vBulletin.

DeMiguel, Kyle, and Esaga, are three names that popped into my mind right away when you mentioned other craftsmen.
This Space for Rent

Now I'm just spit-balling here- but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to be able to see everyone who has a certain item.

For instance- if I wanted to see who all had the Shards of Narsil and what numbers they had- it would be neat to be able to click on that item and see a list of everyone that has it.

Just a thought.

Valkrist wrote:Good idea, Deimos. Hopefully GW will be able to retrieve that info as it should be stored in the database when we ported everything over from vBulletin.

DeMiguel, Kyle, and Esaga, are three names that popped into my mind right away when you mentioned other craftsmen.
Bingo on the first two, Val...I was racking my brain for Kyle's, and I completely forgot about DeMiguel.
(I don't think I own anything by Esaga.)

jnicktem wrote:Now I'm just spit-balling here- but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to be able to see everyone who has a certain item.

For instance- if I wanted to see who all had the Shards of Narsil and what numbers they had- it would be neat to be able to click on that item and see a list of everyone that has it.

Just a thought.
Nick, that's a feature we've discussed, but more likely to appear (if and when it does) in the actual Dragon Hoard collection page rather than the signature, although anything is possible. We are limited only by what the software tells us we can't do.
This Space for Rent

I believe we do still have everyone's collection info from the prior version of UCForums. I'll double check this weekend, watch this thread for updates.

The next batch of updates to Dragon Hoard will include a suggestion form so folks can official put in to have some of the smaller companies added. This will also facilitate letting us know about missing/incorrect items.

Nick, you've hit the nail on the head as to why we wanted to take the Collections of our forums to the next level with DH. Doing it the way allows us to say: "Hey, on UC Forums, here are the Shards that live here. Here are the Museum Stings. Here are the Witchking Helms."

We can say "Of the users on our forums, 70% own Anduril." Or "Out of the 30 users on UCForums, no one owns item X!"

There are a whole host of other features we'd like to build into the system that makes it more than just a means of signature generation. Keep making suggestions, though, because this is a tool we want to build around what everyone here wants!

Here is a list I got from the FOU forums and the Noble list was made by Idril, I just removed the prices and the names. I'll see what else I can find.

Weta Weapon Replicas

Black Arrow - 2000
Fili's Knife - 500
Nori's Knives - 500
Staff of Gandalf the Grey - 1000
Staff of King Thranduil - 1500
Staff of Radagast The Brown - 1000
Staff of Saruman the White - 1500
Tauriel's Bow and Arrow - 1000
Tauriel's Daggers - 1000

Noble Collection

LORD OF THE RINGS

WEAPONS

Sting the Sword of Frodo
Sting the Sword of Frodo - Scabbard
Narsil The Broken Sword Collector Edition
Gimli's Axe
Glamdring The Sword of Gandalf Collector Edition
The Staff of Gandalf the Grey
Narsil
Hadhafang - Sword of Arwen
The Sword of the King Anduril
The Sword of King Theoden

COLLECTIBLES

The One Ring Mirage Holographic Image Chamber $
Middle-Earth Treasure Chest
Phial of Galadriel
The One Ring Trilogy Mirage Holographic Image Chamber
The Evenstar Pendant Display
The Fury of the Witch King Incense Burner
Trilogy Pocket Knife Collection
Lord of the Rings Collectors Knife

GAMES

Collectors Chess Set
The Two Towers Character Package
The Return of the King - character package
The Prancing Pony Dart Board
Middle-earth Backgammon

GLOBES

Quest for the Ring
My Precious
The Age of the Dark Lord

SCULPTS

The Fellowship Sculpt
Aragorn & Arwen Fine Porcelain Sculpt
The Battle of the Wizards
Gandalf at the Shire

RINGS

The One Ring - 10 karat Solid Gold Edition
The One Ring - Sterling Silver Edition (with chain YGP)
Galadriel's Ring
Ring of the Witchking
Ring of Aragorn
The Ring of Elrond - 10 K gold
The Dwarven Ring of Power
The Ring of Elrond - Sterling Silver
The Ring of Men
Revolving Elvish Script Ring
The Ring of Gandalf
The Silver One Ring
The One Ring 18k
The Elven Enameled Ring
The Aragorn Crown Ring
The Butterfly Ring of Arwen
The Rivendell Vine Ring
Denethor Ring
The Fellowship Enamel Link Ring
The Elven Mother of Pearl Ring
The Arwen Evenstar Ring
The One Ring Spinning
The One Ring

EARRINGS

The Fellowship Earrings
Arwen Earrings
Elven Star Earrings
Elvish Script Earrings
The One Ring Earrings
Arwen Evenstar Earrings
The Elven Earrings
The One Ring Earrings Gold Finish
The One Ring Earrings Stainless Steel

PENDANTS

Arwen's Evenstar Pendant
Elven Script Charm
Saruman Charm Pendant
Evenstar Charm Pendant
Rohan Charm Pendant
The Axe Pendant of Gimli

NECKLACES

The Elven Necklace
The Fellowship Necklace
Arwen Necklace
The Elven Choker
Elven Star Necklace
Crystal Necklace of Arwen
The Butterfly Necklace of Arwen
The Fellowship Enamel Link Necklace
The Galadriel Necklace
The One Ring Entwined Necklace

BROOCHES

The Elven Brooch
The Rohan Brooch
Saruman's Brooch
Arwen Brooch
The Brooch of Gandalf
The Brooch of Galadriel
The Brooch of King Theoden
Butterfly Brooch

TIARAS/CROWNS

The Headdress of Elrond
Arwen Headdress
The Headress of Galadriel
Headdress of Eowyn

BRACELETS

Elvish Script Bracelet
The Elven Brooch Charm Bracelet
The Middle Earth Charm Bracelet
The Elven Bracelet
The Fellowship Enamel Link Bracelet
The Evenstar Charm Bracelet
The Arwen Evenstar Bracelet

GOBLETS

The Mines of Moria Pewter Goblet
At the Shire Pewter Goblet
Middle-earth Goblet Collection

BOOKENDS

Gollum-Smeagol Bookends

KEY CHAINS

The Elven Key Chain
The Elven Helm Keychain
The One Ring Keychain
Elvish Script Keychain

CANDLE HOLDERS

Gandalf Votive Candle Holder
Saruman Candle Holder
Gandalf the White Candle Holder
Lothlorien Candle Holder

PIPES

The Pipe of Aragorn
The Pipe of Bilbo
The Pipe of Gandalf

PENS

Gandalf the White Staff Pen
Gandalf the Grey Staff Pen
Saruman Staff Pen

PICTURE FRAMES

Elven Picture Frame
Galadriel Picture Frame

LETTER OPENERS

Glamdring Letter Opener
Sting Letter Opener
Nasil Letter Opener
Anduril Letter Opener

THE HOBBIT

WEAPONS

Sting
Orcrist
Thorin Oakenshield Dwarven Sword
Glamdring
Gandalf Illuminating Staff
Illuminating Battle Sword of Bilbo Baggins

COLLECTIBLES

Bilbo Baggins Contract
Map and Key of Thorin Oakenshield
Bilbo Baggins Button Pin
Bilbo Baggins Button Cuff Links
Map of Middle-Earth
Gandalf Paperweight
Key of Thorin Oakenshield
Mirkwood Cell Key
Map of Thorin Oakenshield
Smaug Coins
Hobbit Key Keeper
Smaug Incense Burner

SCULPTS

Thorin Oakenshield Bronze Sculpt
Gandalf Bronze Sculpt
Bilbo Baggins Bronze Sculpt

BOOKENDS

Bilbo Baggins and Gollum Bookend
The Dwarves Bookend
The Desolation of Smaug DVD Collectors Bookends

RINGS

The One Ring
Thorin Oakenshield Dwarven Silver Ring
Elrond Silver Ring
Elrond Gold Ring
The Ring of Lindir
Thorin Oakenshield Dwarven Ring
Thorin Oakenshield Band Silver Ring
The Galadriel Ring
Thranduil Snake Ring
Thranduil Woodland Ring
Thranduil Mirkwood Ring
Thranduil Crystal Ring
Gandalf Ring

EARRINGS

Galadriel Flower Earrings
Galadriel Ring Earrings

PENDANTS

Galadriel Brooch Pendant
Thorin Oakenshield Belt Buckle Pendant
Elrond Brooch Pendant
Galadriel Ring Pendant
Smaug Pendant
Key to Erebor Replica Pendant
Galadriel Flower Necklace
The Pendant of Tauriel
Mirkwood Cell Key Pendant
Arkenstone Pendant
Smaug Zinc Pendant
Smaug Costume Pendant

BROOCHES

The Brooch of Galadriel
The Brooch of Elrond
Thranduil Brooch

TIARAS/CROWNS

Galadriel Headdress

KEY CHAINS

Thorin Oakenshield Key KeyChain
Bilbo Baggins Button Keychain

PIPES

The Pipe of Gandalf
The Pipe of Bilbo Baggins

PENS

Sting Sword Pen and Bookmark
Thorin Oakenshield Pen and Bookmark
Gandalf Staff Pen and Bookmark

LETTER OPENERS

Orcrist Letter Opener
Sting Letter Opener
Thorin Oakenshield Letter Opener
Glamdring Letter Opener
Letter Opener Set
Thranduil Letter Opener
Morgul Blade Letter Opener
Tauriel Letter Opener

Thanks! Just added the Noble stuff to our running spreadsheet for the next company uploads.

Some companies will be easier than others. Weta, for example, has the history of their items on their site. Getting a good database of their stuff will be very easy. Noble, on the other hand, only has a storefront. So getting all of their stuff into the database without missing historical items will be harder.

The more help folks can give, the better, though! If you think you might have access to a list somewhere that's publicly available, do let us know!

We can't say for sure when more companies will be added, but the (so far...) successful roll-out of version 1 is very promising!

Adding another Weta weapon: Balin's Mace

I'll pull a list of some of my items from an Excel sheet I keep for inventory and insurance purposes. That info may help somewhere along the process. I'll post that shortly.

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

I've only just caught up with this thread. Great idea and thank you for all your work on it.

That Noble list I did is complete I believe. (Apart from the Eowyn Necklace and earring set that seems to have been missed by N2D). I spent a good bit of time in the Wayback machine getting the old screen shots. However, if someone knows of a missing item, I would love to hear of it.

First . . . yes, I'm a geek and have my collectibles in a spreadsheet. :thumbs_up Two . . . when I write it all out it's pretty clear why my collection has taken over my entire townhouse. Third . . . there are a few pre-order items in this list. And fourth . . . since there was some talk of including the Sideshow/Weta mini-helms I left my modest number of polystone in the list. Finally . . . I have everything set up by franchise rather than purely by maker, so items from the same maker often appear in two places.

I hope some of this info is helpful.

Franchise -- Maker -- Item Number (or NONE) -- Item Name/Description

Hobbit -- Badali Jewelry -- ARK-01 -- Arkenstone
Hobbit -- John Lowe -- NONE -- Dreamsphere/Arkenstone
Hobbit -- John Lowe -- NONE -- Light of Earendil
Hobbit -- Davidhg2K -- NONE -- Claw of Smaug
Hobbit -- Davidhg2K -- NONE -- Gates of Moria
Hobbit -- Indy Magnoli -- NONE -- Smaug Hoard Coins
Hobbit -- Invictus Designs (Victor Marin) -- NONE -- Key to Bag End
Hobbit -- Esaga -- NONE -- Beorn Hedgehog Chess Piece
Hobbit -- Hua -- NONE -- Bust of Gandalf the Grey
Hobbit -- Hua -- NONE -- Bust of Legolas Greenleaf
Hobbit -- Arwyniel -- NONE -- Bilbo's Handkerchief
Hobbit -- Noble Collection -- NN1233    -- Pipe of Gandalf
Hobbit -- Noble Collection -- NN1235 -- Pipe of Bilbo
Hobbit -- Noble Collection -- NN1276    -- Sword of Thorin Oakenshield
Hobbit -- Noble Collection -- NN1295 -- Bilbo's Deed of Contract
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC2893 -- Sting Scabbard
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC2928 -- Orcrist - Sword of Thorin
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC2926 -- Staff of Gandalf the Grey
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC2953 -- Sword of Fili
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC2952 -- Sword of Kili
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC3031 -- Elven Bow and Arrow of Tauriel
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC3042 -- Sword of Thranduil
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC3070 -- Short Bow and Arrow of Legolas Greenleaf
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC3100 -- Mirkwood Infantry Sword
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC3108 -- Gandalf the Grey's Pipe Staff
Hobbit -- United Cutlery -- UC3044 -- Fighting Knives of Tauriel
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Staff of Radagast the Brown
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Key to Erebor
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Balin's Mace
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- King Thror's Ring of Power
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Mirkwood Gaol Key
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Smaug Treasure Coins
Hobbit -- Weta Worshop -- NONE -- Pipe or Thorin Oakenshield
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Pipe of Fili
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Pipe of Bilbo Baggins
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Kili's Runestone
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Thorin's Map
Hobbit -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Staff of Thranduil
LOTR -- Filmwelt Shop -- MF3021 -- Rohan Banner I
LOTR -- Filmwelt Shop -- MF3014 -- Aragorn's Banner
LOTR -- Filmwelt Shop -- MF3003 -- Arwen's Coronation Banner
LOTR -- Filmwelt Shop -- MF3020 -- Rohan Flag
LOTR -- Kyle Millard -- NONE -- Tomb of King Elessar
LOTR -- Mike Iverson -- NONE -- Horn of Gondor Resin Kit
LOTR -- Esaga -- NONE -- Bilbo's Pipe
LOTR -- Esaga -- NONE -- Gimli's Pipe
LOTR -- LordoftheRingsGuide Forum -- NONE -- Bilbo's Inkwell
LOTR -- Juan deMiguel -- NONE -- Eomer Banishment Scroll
LOTR -- Juan deMiguel -- NONE -- Isildur Scroll
LOTR -- Andrew Stivison -- NONE -- Eowyn's Shield
LOTR -- Andrew Stivison -- NONE -- Sam's Salt Box
LOTR -- Andrew Hulton -- NONE -- Herugrim Scabbard
LOTR -- Andrew Hulton -- NONE -- Helm of Eomer
LOTR -- Andrew Hulton -- NONE -- Helm of Theoden
LOTR -- Indy Magnoli -- NONE -- Guthwine - Sword/Scabbard of Eomer
LOTR -- Noble Collection -- NN9229 -- Elven Leaf Brooch
LOTR -- Noble Collection -- NN9441 -- Crown of King Elessar
LOTR -- Noble Collection -- NN9687 -- Aragorn's Ring of Barahir
LOTR -- Noble Collection -- NN? -- Pipe of Aragorn
LOTR -- Noble Collection -- NN? -- Pipe of Bilbo
LOTR -- Shire Post -- Shire Post Coins
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1264 -- Sting - Sword of Frodo
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1265 -- Glamdring - Sword of Gandalf
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1298 -- Hadhafang - Sword of Arwen
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1299 -- Strider's Ranger Sword
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1296 -- Shards of Narsil Mini-Statue
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1300 -- Sting Scabbard
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1366LTNB -- Strider's Ranger Sword Scabbard
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1370 -- Herugrim - Sword of King Theoden
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1371 -- Elven Knife of Strider
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1372 -- Fighting Knives of Legolas
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1373 -- High Elven Warrior Sword
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1380 -- Anduril - Sword of Aragorn
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1380ASLB -- Anduril - Sword of Aragorn (LE)
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1381LTNB -- Fighting Knives of Legolas Scabbards
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1382 -- High Elven Warrior Warrior Helm
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1383 -- Helm of King Elendil
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1384 -- Helm of Gimli
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1386WTNB -- Staff of Gandalf the White (metal crown)
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1396 -- Anduril Scabbard
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1397 -- Battle Axe of Gimli
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1400 -- Sword of Boromir
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1414 -- Gondorian Infantry Helm
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1415 -- Walking Axe of Gimli
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1417BL -- Glamdring Scabbard (Blue)
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1423 -- Sword of Eowyn
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1424 -- Sting (Museum Collection)
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1428 -- High Elven Warrior Shield
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC1430 -- Helm of Isildur
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC2940 -- Second Age Gondorian Shield (resin) and Banner
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC2598 -- Sword of Isildur
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC2614 -- Sword of Samwise
LOTR -- United Cutlery -- UC2628 -- Bearded Axe of Gimli
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9304 -- Gandalf the Grey
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9306 -- Legolas Greenleaf
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9309R -- Boromir, Son of Denethor
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9319 -- Pippin, Guard of the Citadel
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9324 -- Elrond: Herald of Gil-Galad
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9330 -- Eowyn as Dernhelm
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9331 -- King Theoden
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9335 -- King Elessar
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9336 -- Gandalf the White on Shadowfax
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9344 -- Aragorn at the Black Gates
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9517 -- Theoden Mini-Helm
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9519 -- Rohan Royal Guard Mini-Helm
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9527 -- Eomer Mini-Helm
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9529 -- Eowyn Mini-Helm
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9535 -- Merry Mini-Helm
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 9704 -- Golden Hall
LOTR -- Sideshow -- 200085 -- Legolas Greenleaf
LOTR -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Silver Chain of Frodo
LOTR -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- One Ring w/ Elvish Runes (Gold Plated Tungsten Carbide)
LOTR -- Weta Workshop -- NONE -- Faramir
Last edited by Buckeye on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Thanks, Arwyniel. I'll add those numbers to my spreadsheet. :thumbs_up I'm a bit OCD about tracking my collections. I have a similar spreadsheet for my extensive Hercules and (mostly) Xena trading card collection. Next, I need to start logging my growing geocoin collection. The scary thing about it is that I can instantly see just how much I have invested in my collections. Eek.

GW, big thanks for creating the database. It's already terrific and will be absolutely phenomenal by the time you've finished working your magic on it!

And darn, I see I neglected to add my Light of Earendil. The list has been duly updated. Now I have to revisit it to make sure nothing else is missing...

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

A few Noble items seem to be missing from the list. Please add

Lotr
Eternal Love Earings
The Mini Evenstar Pendant of Arwen
The Crown of King Elessar
Hadhafang Letter Opener
Herugrim Letter Opener
Necklace and Earings of Eowyn

The Hobbit
The Headress of Elrond

My comment is slightly off-topic but thanks for posting that list, Buckeye, as it reminds me I need to be more organized with my own collection for insurance purposes. All I have currently are photos of every item, plus a list in a Word doc, and the replacement value of the item (not what I paid for it.) Insurance for collections is not very common, and I pay a premium for replacement value, One can never be too safe, and yes, looking at the list is a sobering way of realizing just how much we've spent on this stuff. :O xP
This Space for Rent

Buckeye wrote:Thanks, Arwyniel. I'll add those numbers to my spreadsheet. :thumbs_up I'm a bit OCD about tracking my collections. I have a similar spreadsheet for my extensive Hercules and (mostly) Xena trading card collection. Next, I need to start logging my growing geocoin collection. The scary thing about it is that I can instantly see just how much I have invested in my collections. Eek.

GW, big thanks for creating the database. It's already terrific and will be absolutely phenomenal by the time you've finished working your magic on it!

And darn, I see I neglected to add my Light of Earendil. The list has been duly updated. Now I have to revisit it to make sure nothing else is missing...
Absolutely mind boggling list Buckeye. :O
Can you add Jens Hansen to the list of vendors/manufacturers?
Some of us have his Ring of Barahir, The One Ring, and Vilya
Also add Stansborough for the Elven cloaks , (regular and Hobbit[aka child] size) and also and Gandalf's scarf

A few more:

LOTR -- John Lowe -- Palantir
LOTR -- John Lowe -- SAB Palantir
LOTR -- Stansborough -- Fellowship Fabric Wrap (used to be called the Elven Wrap)
LOTR -- HCG -- Lothlorien Bow of Legolas, Limited Edition (500 I think)
LOTR -- HCG -- Lothlorien Bow of Legolas
LOTR -- ?? -- Lothlorien Quiver
LOTR -- ?? -- Arrow Set of Legolas
LOTR -- Andrew Hulten - Mithril Shirt
LOTR -- Master Replicas -- One Ring on Sauron Finger
LOTR -- Museum Replicas -- Arwen's Coronation Gown
LOTR -- Museum Replicas -- Arwen's Blood Red Gown
LOTR -- Museum Replicas * also carried Aragorn's Coronation outfit, Legolas outfit, Boromir's outfit, Gandalf's outfit, and Frodo's outfit. Maybe Strider's too.*

LOTR -- Medioevo -- Vilya
LOTR -- Medioevo -- Narya

That's all I can think of right now.
Last edited by Arwyniel on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

An interesting idea but I personally hesitate to implement it, though I do not speak for the other admins. The reason is the moment you start attaching dollar values to lists like this, you run the risk of having it be misinterpreted as prices for a retail or resale site, which we are not. I like the idea of a total collection value, but I admit that without listing individual values, it looks like you could just make up any number. :huh:
This Space for Rent

N2, you are one of my most-est favorite-est people on the forums, and not just because you make us awesome custom collectibles, but because you are a very, very nice guy.....so please don't take offense at what I am going to say:

Speaking for myself, I would probably not put prices on any items of my collection because it would [aradoxically] cheapen them in my eyes.
They would become merely a commodity.
Every item in my collection, down to the smallest SP ha'penny, represents Middle Earth, its history, peoples (races) and most especially all the great individual characters in all of Tolkien's stories.
And I want to keep seeing Tolkien's world when I look at anything and everything in my collection.
If I had prices attached to that, I'd be afraid of losing that vision forever.

Let me step in here to say that Dragon Hoard serves two, very separate, purposes:

1. Public - Allows you to put your collection out there for the world to see. It generates your signature automatically (this will be customizable in future) and everyone on the forums and anyone viewing posts as a guest can see your collection.

2. Private - Allows you to keep track of your collection for your own personal uses. Once we add more companies/items, everyone's collection will become so enormous that it's no longer feasible to have the ENTIRE thing as a signature. People can then go to your collection page in DH to see the whole thing, but it's still a step removed.

Right now, everything is public. We're in beta and I want folks to give their feedback on what it does that's basic before we get more advanced. In the future, though, I fully expect to add features that only you personally will be able to use for your collection. Location of the item, the day/timeperiod you purchased it in, the condition, purchase price, etc. Basically, any data you folks would want to keep track of. Exporting your entire collection to a spreadsheet. But ALL of that is entirely PRIVATE. You don't have to use it and no one else will be able to see it. These things are a ways down the road, but they're on the horizon for people who might want to make use of it.

As I said before, Dragon Hoard was built from the ground up, so the only limit to what it can do is what you folks suggest. Nothing is out-of-bounds.

Deimos wrote:N2, you are one of my most-est favorite-est people on the forums, and not just because you make us awesome custom collectibles, but because you are a very, very nice guy.....so please don't take offense at what I am going to say:

Speaking for myself, I would probably not put prices on any items of my collection because it would [aradoxically] cheapen them in my eyes.
They would become merely a commodity.
Every item in my collection, down to the smallest SP ha'penny, represents Middle Earth, its history, peoples (races) and most especially all the great individual characters in all of Tolkien's stories.
And I want to keep seeing Tolkien's world when I look at anything and everything in my collection.
If I had prices attached to that, I'd be afraid of losing that vision forever.
No offence what so ever, as everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

As for the price paid being private, that would be something I would want just from a entire collection point of view and able to see it all in one spot as reference.

I did some updating of my collection and there is a spot to add notes for modifications and edition numbers. It would be cool to be able to attach photos there as well. Not sure how much space that would take up or not. It would just be an opportunity to take a photo of the modification (or be it blemish) as well as the edition number as proof.

Anyway, this is a very great idea and can't wait to see what further ideas you decide to implement.

Just chiming in with my thoughts here. I absolutely love this. Makes it much easier to keep track of what is out there. I attempted to put the list for just UC items together to help folks way back when... and this is leaps and bounds above that.

I did have a thought though. Does Kit or anyone else have estimated run numbers for the non-LE UC items? I know that info may be hard to come by, but I was thinking it may be helpful for collectors trying to decide on what to pick up next if one thing is readily available now that may be running low on supply soon.

Also, I'm going to go digging for the banner info, I remember reading it long ago as well.

EDIT: Val, are these the banners/flags you were thinking of?
http://www.tolkienshop.com/contents/en-uk/d160.html

Yep, Draven, dem's the ones. :thumbs_up

A small note on the run numbers of non-LE items: Kit mentioned very recently that they basically keep producing stuff until the sales numbers no longer justify the production costs. I'm not sure he would have access to those numbers, especially with a lot of records from the old, pre-bankruptvy UC probably no longer available. However, never hurts to ask. :huh:
This Space for Rent

Just to update folks, I've been very busy with other work since the launch of Dragon Hoard, but come May I'm expecting to have a bit more spare time that I can devote to working on this. Expect to see things showing up starting in the first week or two of May, and hopefully by the end of the month we'll start having new companies and items! We'll be streamlining adding new companies/items so that there won't be too much time between requests and items being added!

GW, could you please add the more recent issue of the Second Age Gondorian Shield and Banner to the collection inventory choices? Edition size = 1500.

Also, any news on when other collectibles might be added (Weta, NC, etc.)?

Thanks!

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

I've been working all month long on brand new features and ways to streamline item addition. I expect to have the new version up sometime in the next two weeks.

This update will include many things, among which is the addition of new companies and items. It'll be a work in progress as it's difficult to know every item a company has released, so we'll definitely need help with identifying missing items and incorrect items. There will be a contact form on DH to report these!

Return to “Announcements”