Re: Login Issue

I'm back in. Unfortunately, it required deleting all cookies because I was unable to find and delete just the cookie for this site.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

I'm back in, too. I was only ever locked out on my desktop. I was able to see things fine on my iPhone (hence my ability to find out what the problem was and fix it).

Hopefully everyone trickles back in quickly. I've passed the info along to a few users who emailed the admin account.
"Olorin I was in the West that is forgotten...."

BladeCollector wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:52 am I'm back in... I for a moment, thought GW decided to sneak a hostile takeover under the guise of a forum update! :P
Bwa ha ha. Curse my sudden but inevitable betrayal.
Arwyniel wrote: I'm able to login via my laptop, but not my phone. Even after clearing history/cookies, etc. :(

Hmm, the cookie clear fix worked on both my work computer and my phone. So crazy/frustrating that things wont work across the board!
In my testing, I had to ensure I cleared cookies "since the beginning". Chrome, at least, lets you choose how far back to clear. Since UCForums has been around since the internet was birthed, you gotta go all time.

If that still doesn't work, let me know your device(s) and browsers giving you issues and I can do more research.

Arwyniel wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:52 am
Arwyniel wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:13 am
Hmm, the cookie clear fix worked on both my work computer and my phone. So crazy/frustrating that things wont work across the board!
Something else weird...I didn't write this, lol.
That might have been me :P I typed that. I bet I hit edit instead of quote. Chalk it up as a forum update kink! :D
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

BladeCollector wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:27 am
Arwyniel wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:52 am
Arwyniel wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:13 am
Something else weird...I didn't write this, lol.
That might have been me :P I typed that. I bet I hit edit instead of quote. Chalk it up as a forum update kink! :D
:lol:
Login from my phone seems to work now after deleting pretty much everything, haha. I think I cleared things from 4 different spots!

TA-DA! Moi has returned as well.

Great Godfrey! That was a day and a half, weren't it! :O
Last edited by Deimos on Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Return to “Announcements”