Re: New Licensed "Robin Hood" Sword Now Pre-ordering

I was very interested in getting it when it first came out as well, but decided to hold off. The longer I waited, the less interested in it I found myself. Things about it just started rubbing me the wrong way. I almost took the leap this weekend, but even $120.00 off couldn't get me past that little hesitation. Maybe one day, if I find it at a remarkable bargain, but for now it's just not striking me as attractive.
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

I have it and I have a mixture of feelings towards it, more good that bad though. I got it super on sale and had a coupon on top of it. So I ended up getting it sharpened and shipped for under $150 USD. I actually really like the balance and feel of the sword and the blade quality is much less whippy than older Windlass Movie Swords. Disappointment comes in the hilt. As mentioned, the blue jewels are plastic and the metal on the handle begins to make the hand smell weird if not wearing gloves. It would be perfect, honestly, if the sword had its blade quality with the hilt quality of the Kingdom of Heaven Swords. Below are some pics

Last edited by RevAnakin on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not interested in the sword because I’m primarily a LOTR collector, however I couldn’t help noticing the “mottos” on the side, are not only in English, but in modern English, an egregious anachronism. :huh:

They should have either been in old English (Chaucerian English) or, what is more historically likely, in [mediaeval] Latin.
That gaffe is so obvious that it alone would prevent me from owning the sword.
I’d see it every time I looked at the sword and it would just make me gag. :P

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Congratulations Rev. I have to admit, I broke down and bought it a couple of months ago myself. Overall I am happy with it, but the handle does leave you with reservations. I guess its a hate it or just keep scratching you head about it sort of thing, but not totally love it.

My feelings about the plaque differ. I hate the plaque. I think it looks cheesy. But, I make my own plaques and prefer a large display vs. the small plaque, so that gives me a different view point. I hope to one day make a nice display, but since it has been over 100 degrees here for 40 days straight, I have not been motivated to go into the hot garage and do wood work.

I also purchased the leather scabbard/belt/pouch rig, which is very well done.

I have to admit that MR's daily deals are killing my budget. I got the Robin Hood sword for half off, then they had the Sir Godfrey sword for half off and I got it. I like it even more that the Robin Hood. Then last week they put the sword of King John on at half price. It is to be delivered today. I hate it when I go off and spend money on something lower in my wish list because I find a great deal on it, putting the items on the top of the wish list that much farther away.

I purchased all of them sharpened, and boy are they ever. I've cut fingers on each one of them. But, I hate all of the plaques.
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

I am so sorry, I have no idea what came over me when I said I liked the plaque. What an idiot. Seriously, my first impression was to burn it. Generic plaque with glued on motto. I like Shadow boxing all my swords. I do custom framing as one of the five part time jobs and I like to do that when I have extra cash.

I just wish that darn scabbard would go on sale. Windlass separate scabbards are always nice.

Is it my favorite sword? By all means no. I love my LOTR swords but hate that they are not high carbon. I love my windlass oakestype the most. Short sword and buckler beater that is fast as hell.
Last edited by RevAnakin on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""Steel Servant""]Congratulations Rev. I have to admit, I broke down and bought it a couple of months ago myself. Overall I am happy with it, but the handle does leave you with reservations. I guess its a hate it or just keep scratching you head about it sort of thing, but not totally love it.

My feelings about the plaque differ. I hate the plaque. I think it looks cheesy. But, I make my own plaques and prefer a large display vs. the small plaque, so that gives me a different view point. I hope to one day make a nice display, but since it has been over 100 degrees here for 40 days straight, I have not been motivated to go into the hot garage and do wood work.

I also purchased the leather scabbard/belt/pouch rig, which is very well done.

I have to admit that MR's daily deals are killing my budget. I got the Robin Hood sword for half off, then they had the Sir Godfrey sword for half off and I got it. I like it even more that the Robin Hood. Then last week they put the sword of King John on at half price. It is to be delivered today. I hate it when I go off and spend money on something lower in my wish list because I find a great deal on it, putting the items on the top of the wish list that much farther away.

I purchased all of them sharpened, and boy are they ever. I've cut fingers on each one of them. But, I hate all of the plaques.[/quote]

hmm I find myself strangely drawn to the robin hood sword, along with Godfrey's sword. I think i'll go with the robin sword if I decide to get one, mainly because I can't find a store over here in the UK who stocks any of the other swords in the line :(

I do like the handle on the sword, and the motto is cool

I'll have to see though. any chance of pics of the robin sword with the belt and scabbard?
Last edited by Lindir on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

I really want both now :D

So I bought the Directors cut of the film the other day and gave it another view and I must say I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time round. I must admit I was incredibly harsh towards the film when I posted here a couple of months ago.

I really like Robin's sword and would like to add it to my collection, along with the belt and scabbard too.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Museum Replicas currently has all 3 swords for sale. The King John sword is renamed as the Pendragon sword, but it's the same exact sword. It's on sale for $80. And then the other two swords, Robin Hood and Godfrey's, are $122.50 a piece. I own the last two and they're actually really nice. I'm going to see if Museum Replicas will let me buy a Robin plaque off of them separately as the KJ/Pendragon sword doesn't come with it.

Return to “New Products, Release Dates, & Updates”