"The Hobbit" movie merchandise - non-weapons

New thread to discuss any new Hobbit merchandise, outside of the weapons and prop replicas produced by United Cutlery, Noble Collection, etc.

First off: Neca are producing a 1/4 scale Bilbo Baggins figure and it looks pretty good. I'm hoping to pick one up when they're released:

I'm hoping they'll do a Thorin figure and hopefully Thranduil.
Last edited by Lindir on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

NECA Hobbit figures

Sorry, Lindir. While I appreciate the sentiment and I know that it is frustrating to not get replies sometimes, we do have to keep threads on track and the Hobbit thread is strictly for movie-related discussion only. Sometimes comments about the weapons and other things drift in there and we always steer them away to where they belong.

Here's to hoping you get some interest in here. :thumbs_up
This Space for Rent

Re: NECA Hobbit figures

[quote=""Valkrist""]Sorry, Lindir. While I appreciate the sentiment and I know that it is frustrating to not get replies sometimes, we do have to keep threads on track and the Hobbit thread is strictly for movie-related discussion only. Sometimes comments about the weapons and other things drift in there and we always steer them away to where they belong.

Here's to hoping you get some interest in here. :thumbs_up [/quote]

Sorry Val, I just thought I may be wasting space on the server whenever I create a new thread so I thought it may be alright in there.

On a side note, is there any way I can change a thread title, or can only admins do that?

No need to apologize, and no, there is no extra bandwidth used that I know of when creating a new thread versus simply making a new post elsewhere.

As for editing a thread title, you may only do it if you are the thread's creator or a member of the staff. Though you are the first post in this thread, I created it and you went to the top because it sorts posts in chronological order. Therefore, if you want this thread title modified, I have to do it. Just tell me what you prefer and I will make the change. :)
This Space for Rent

[quote=""Valkrist""]

As for editing a thread title, you may only do it if you are the thread's creator or a member of the staff. Though you are the first post in this thread, I created it and you went to the top because it sorts posts in chronological order. Therefore, if you want this thread title modified, I have to do it. Just tell me what you prefer and I will make the change. :) [/quote]

I was gonna change it to other Hobbit merchandise. That way everything outside of the weapons and replicas by UC and Noble can go in here for anyone who's interested. :)

The figure looks pretty good... NECA has always, in my opinion, produced some pretty cool, quality stuff. The only NECA figure I have is a Pinhead from Hellraiser action figure my mom got me for Christmas many many years ago. I went through a Pinhead stage, I have the mask, costume, etc for Halloween. I still think he is the greatest horror character from the slasher genre. Depending on the price point, I might get some Hobbit things.

[quote=""BladeCollector""]The figure looks pretty good... NECA has always, in my opinion, produced some pretty cool, quality stuff. The only NECA figure I have is a Pinhead from Hellraiser action figure my mom got me for Christmas many many years ago. I went through a Pinhead stage, I have the mask, costume, etc for Halloween. I still think he is the greatest horror character from the slasher genre. Depending on the price point, I might get some Hobbit things.[/quote]

Yeh I love Neca figures. I have the Jack Sparrow figure they produced a while back. They are also doing a 1/4 scale Gollum and Smeagol. I hope they do more. I'd love to have a Thorin 1/4 scale figure, and I'm hoping they'll do Thranduil and some other Elves. I guess they'll wait and see how well these first 3 figures sell though.

I think Bilbo is e xp ected to be around $50 and is about 12 inches tall. He'd be cool to put on my shelf or my desk :)

Return to “New Products, Release Dates, & Updates”