Re: Castle Kon is Open For Business

I ordered Guthwine and Horn also....no invoice yet.
Also i messaged him about "inspections" of the items before he sends them out...he will still do this.

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

HELLLLLLLLLO everyone. Sorry for the long delay. Things are absolutely crazy here. For anyone who has me personally on Facebook, you may know that my house has been under construction (me doing most the work) for the past 6 months. Last night we finally have a kitchen sink and dishwasher! No more doing dishes in the garage!

Also, I have am selling some of my personal collection to fund a custom (Lorien inspired) engagement ring for my girlfriend.

Lastly, all invoices for pre-orders have been sent out for non-US folks. For US, I am SLOWLY getting through the over 40 pre-orders. The US ones are hard because I have to totally guess on each box size. Remember, shipping may end up being more if you order the horn. UC is clueless as to box size before it comes in.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Decide what to defend your castle with at www.castlekon.com

Hello, United Cutlery Hobbit Quality! And to be clear, from my research not "some had issues," but "some did not have issues." Lol 😆

Check out the comments section of the facebook.post and you can see the warping issue. Sorry, uploading photos here is a bit of a pain. I cannot do it quickly from my phone. (Unless any of you have tricks?)
Ronin wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:31 am
RevAnakin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:51 pm Also, I have found my Kili sword. I am auctioning it off starting at $250!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0148849449
Hey Rev. If I may ask how is the blade on your Kili sword? Does it have the warping that some others suffered from?
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

RevAnakin wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:43 am Hello, United Cutlery Hobbit Quality! And to be clear, from my research not "some had issues," but "some did not have issues." Lol 😆

Check out the comments section of the facebook.post and you can see the warping issue. Sorry, uploading photos here is a bit of a pain. I cannot do it quickly from my phone. (Unless any of you have tricks?)
Ronin wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:31 am
RevAnakin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:51 pm Also, I have found my Kili sword. I am auctioning it off starting at $250!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0148849449
Hey Rev. If I may ask how is the blade on your Kili sword? Does it have the warping that some others suffered from?
Hahahaha. Hey at least they're consistent :lol:

Hi Rev,

Now that BudK has gotten their shipments for the Helm of Eomer and Horn of Gondor underway and into the hands of customers, do you have an estimate as to when you'll receive your allotment and begin shipping?

Just want to plan for having to pay the remaining balance, and as I assume Guthwine will be following next month... I hope. Thanks in advance.
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:20 pm Hi Rev,

Now that BudK has gotten their shipments for the Helm of Eomer and Horn of Gondor underway and into the hands of customers, do you have an estimate as to when you'll receive your allotment and begin shipping?

Just want to plan for having to pay the remaining balance, and as I assume Guthwine will be following next month... I hope. Thanks in advance.
This should help answer:

https://www.facebook.com/17473501488494 ... 247680595/

Thank you, kind sir. Much as I suspected, but best to hear it from you and thank you for the link as I'm not on FB.

I hate that BudK does this. It's a really crappy practice that guarantees them a very unfair edge in what is an extremely anticompetitive way. Sadly, as they own UC, they can do whatever they want. Just wish that they understood- and I'm sure they do; they just don't give a crap- that because they refuse to ship internationally, this is nothing but a massive F U and middle finger to all non-US based collectors of UC's products. Thanks for nothing, a-holes.
This Space for Rent

Hey friends! I've inspected all 13 of my Eomer helms and they all look good.

Two of my orders cancelled though, so I have two left ready to ship tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/17473501488494 ... 053546481/

Email for paypal: CastleKon@gmail.com

Or buy from Website: https://castle-kon.square.site/product/ ... cst=custom

Remember to use AULE as coupon code!

Valkrist wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:13 am Anyone else got invoiced for Guthwine? According to the hubbub on FoU, Guthwine is arriving any time now. :cheering:
https://www.facebook.com/17473501488494 ... 386677147/

And Kit, if you need one, I bought some extras :)

Nasnandos wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 am I would rather collectors get them first. I have a couple on order, so I can wait. The first load was already sold out when I made my order, so unless United wants me to review them before my visit, I probably won't get mine until the next shipment arrives.
Totally understand, but as always, I am here for you in case there is a sell out issue like that one time :D

Nasnandos wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:22 am I'm meeting with UC next week, so hopefully they will not all have shipped before I get there and can look at a few.

One a side note, it looks like the blue Glamdring scabbard may be getting a reissue next, for those that do not have one.
Please tell us this meeting is to discuss new LOTR products (such as Faramirs sword/Boromirs knife etc)? I am ready to throw as much money as you guys will take at any number of new steel replicas :P

Nasnandos wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:42 am It just a regular product development meeting that we do every few months that covers all their brands and licenses. I'm sure we will discuss LOTR, but there is already a lot of stuff in the works for that license at the moment.
Isn't there only like 3 new items produced at one time or per year even if there are more than that in development? I can't remember more than that being released at one time since they started producing them.

There were over 50 items made in the first four years, so it was a lot more than that in the beginning. We were released about one new item a year in the time between the trilogies. Interest has been steadily ramping up the last few years, so more things are in development than usual, which is great. It seems the Covid Stimulus money last year caused a massive spike is sales in the US, but also a massive shipping delay from overseas. There would have been three items released last year if it were not for that.
KRDS

I'm sure everyone knows by now that dates UC shows as "shipping dates" in their system are not actual shipping dates, but just an FYI. Those have not been made in so long that I am getting samples made to confirm everything looks correct. It will probably be approved in June, then start production, so I would not expect them to be in stock until later this year.
KRDS

Nasnandos wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:50 am I'm sure everyone knows by now that dates UC shows as "shipping dates" in their system are not actual shipping dates, but just an FYI. Those have not been made in so long that I am getting samples made to confirm everything looks correct. It will probably be approved in June, then start production, so I would not expect them to be in stock until later this year.
Good to know, we talking September?

Valkrist wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:05 am
Buckeye wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:46 am
As of this morning, my BudK Guthwine order is processing! :horseback
Is yours coming direct from BudK? I'd imagine they'll be fulfilling their orders first before doling out a trickle of additional ones to other retailers like Rev.
I have a few Guthwine's myself coming from BUDK Wholesale. Hopefully, they'll start trickling in tomorrow and I can finish shipping everything next week.

Valkrist wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:36 am Excellent. :thumbs_up

I know it's a major pain for you but are you opening and inspecting them before shipping or do we have to request it, just like before?
No worries! Swords are much easier than staves and helmets. Who all wants inspections besides Val?

GuardianWolf wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:45 am
RevAnakin wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:01 am
Valkrist wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:36 am Excellent. :thumbs_up

I know it's a major pain for you but are you opening and inspecting them before shipping or do we have to request it, just like before?
No worries! Swords are much easier than staves and helmets. Who all wants inspections besides Val?
Add me to that list if it's not too much trouble.
No worries! Anyone who wants it, email me please so I don't have to figure out quick UCF screen name matches each paypal email.

Valkrist wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:05 am Is yours coming direct from BudK? I'd imagine they'll be fulfilling their orders first before doling out a trickle of additional ones to other retailers like Rev.
Yes, I ordered directly from BudK . . . twice, actually. My first pre-order was unceremoniously cancelled in March when it reached the 6-month mark, so I had to place the order a second time.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

~~ Thorin Oakenshield

Buckeye wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:24 am
Valkrist wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:05 am Is yours coming direct from BudK? I'd imagine they'll be fulfilling their orders first before doling out a trickle of additional ones to other retailers like Rev.
Yes, I ordered directly from BudK . . . twice, actually. My first pre-order was unceremoniously cancelled in March when it reached the 6-month mark, so I had to place the order a second time.
I had the exact same issue and called them to ask since they don't send you any type of notification that they cancel your order. I didn't get much help besides re-order, but if you ask me a pre-order should stay open till the item ships. What makes this situation worse is if an item sells out in pre-order you could potentially lose out on an item if your not paying attention to your orders.

I never cancel people's order :p

N2darkness wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:20 pm
I had the exact same issue and called them to ask since they don't send you any type of notification that they cancel your order. I didn't get much help besides re-order, but if you ask me a pre-order should stay open till the item ships. What makes this situation worse is if an item sells out in pre-order you could potentially lose out on an item if your not paying attention to your orders.
Same thing happened to me. It had said it cancelled, so I reordered. But I just checked and now I have two coming....

RevAnakin wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:01 am ... Who all wants inspections besides Val?
I do, Rev. 'Way back when you first mentioned invoicing your customers we discussed doing the inspection both for Guthwine and also Bo's Horn.

Deimos wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:25 pm I ordered Guthwine and Horn also....no invoice yet.
Also i messaged him about "inspections" of the items before he sends them out...he will still do this.
Deimos wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:57 am Got mine....sent payment . Thanks...

Many thanks, Rev, for taking the time to check them (both horn and sword). You are a gem :inlove:
It eliminates that feeling of dread of anticipating having to deal personally with BudK to return a defective item.

Hey friends!

I am opening a virtue queue for the MC Anduril tomorrow at 9:00AM EST. It is the best time to get 95% of my customer base is remotely normal business hours.

https://castlekon.com/product/anduril-museum

I'll be doing the same for Theodred's sword.

Who's jumping on this? (If it has a carbon steel blade I know Jash is. :rolleye: )

Altho' it is very cool and awesome and I love the plaque and banner too, :O I've decided to pass on it.
I have the LE one.... it is good enough for my collecting purposes.
That is, I am not a collector of swords; I collect Wall- Hangers from the stories of ME.
If I collected Swords I would have the MSSC versions.

But anyone else getting it besides Jash?

Deimos wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:10 pm Who's jumping on this? (If it has a carbon steel blade I know Jash is. :rolleye: )

Altho' it is very cool and awesome and I love the plaque and banner too, :O I've decided to pass on it.
That is, I am not a collector of swords; I collect Wall- Hangers from the stories of ME.

I am definitely getting one for the business show room :)

RevAnakin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:25 pm
Deimos wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:10 pm Who's jumping on this? (If it has a carbon steel blade I know Jash is. :rolleye: )

I am definitely getting one for the business show room :)
Well, duh, Rev, :rolleye: ...I thought that would be a given. ;)

Return to “New Products, Release Dates, & Updates”