Re: Castle Kon is Open For Business

Update: We are officially moving next weekend. Yes, I said it, seven days from today I shall be driving in a truck to a new state.

With that said, I have the following items that need, no, NEED to be out of my house in the next 7 days.

1 Regal Sword of Thorin
2 Legolas Bows and Arrows

I did end up selling my sword of Robb Stark!

Lastly,

Until I get settled and figure out how to transfer my retailers license, besides the three items listed above, I cannot take anymore orders (at least I don't think I can) until North/South Carolina approves my retailers application. Please be patient with me and I hope this does not lose me much business. I should be back up and running very quickly, but I fully intend on being you all's no. 1 best choice for price and customer service. If anyone can help me move the Legolas Bows in particular, I would be willing to offer some sort of credit towards their next purchase.

Thank you everyone!

Christian
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Decide what to defend your castle with at www.castlekon.com

Valkrist wrote:Rev, I think I can take that Thorin sword off your hands. Can you quote me a price and shipping using the address info you currently have for me? If we agree on a sale, would you visually inspect the sword for me, please?
So....where are you going to put THAT?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Valkrist wrote:Rev, I think I can take that Thorin sword off your hands. Can you quote me a price and shipping using the address info you currently have for me? If we agree on a sale, would you visually inspect the sword for me, please?
Email sent :D
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

Deimos wrote:So....where are you going to put THAT?
That's easy as I've had a spot for it ever since Kit said the sword was being planned. I wasn't keen on the resin blade idea at first but I kept the spot open just in case. As the sword turned out really nice, I am placing it right under my Lineage of Durin tapestry print from Weta. Still debating on whether to get Deathless to put beside it, or wait for one of UC's possible upcoming dwarven weapons. :)
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote:
Deimos wrote:So....where are you going to put THAT?
That's easy as I've had a spot for it ever since Kit said the sword was being planned. I wasn't keen on the resin blade idea at first but I kept the spot open just in case. As the sword turned out really nice, I am placing it right under my Lineage of Durin tapestry print from Weta. Still debating on whether to get Deathless to put beside it, or wait for one of UC's possible upcoming dwarven weapons. :)
Is your internal debate about getting Deathless a matter strictly of IF or a matter only of WHEN?

A bit of both, but mainly IF rather than WHEN. I know the wash on the blade is pretty bad, but it really is the only option if one wants this particular sword. I still say mainly IF because I'm wary of being very disappointed, and then losing wall space to a nicer blade that UC may one day put out. Since I still need to figure out where the Mirkwood infantry sword is going to go, Deathless continues to lose ground in my mind.
This Space for Rent

Hello friends!

This has been nuts. So we have been in temporary housing for the last two months and it has made things really difficult. Where I used to get 10-15 pieces of mail a day, I now get 3-4 pieces a week. The post office keeps delivering things to the wrong apartment building and so on.

On my personal front, we found and are buying a house, but the bank keeps pushing our closing date because, well since they never gave me a real reason, I'll say because they are lazy fools.

With all that said, we should be closing Nov. 5 and things should get rolling shortly after. If any of you are interested in something now, shoot me an email, I have some alternative measures.

RevAnakin wrote:Hello friends!

This has been nuts. So we have been in temporary housing for the last two months and it has made things really difficult. Where I used to get 10-15 pieces of mail a day, I now get 3-4 pieces a week. The post office keeps delivering things to the wrong apartment building and so on.

On my personal front, we found and are buying a house, but the bank keeps pushing our closing date because, well since they never gave me a real reason, I'll say because they are lazy fools.

With all that said, we should be closing Nov. 5 and things should get rolling shortly after. If any of you are interested in something now, shoot me an email, I have some alternative measures.
Good to hear you are safe and almost soundly settled.
Quick question, any word yet on the new release of Hadhafang?
I'll be buying one for sure so I can make scabbards. (That said, I did make a size blank of the blade before I sold mine so I can still proceed. I'd still prefer to work off the sword itself though).
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Thranduil wrote:Good to hear you are safe and almost soundly settled.
I'll be buying one for sure so I can make scabbards. (That said, I did make a size blank of the blade before I sold mine so I can still proceed. I'd still prefer to work off the sword itself though).

Hadhafang is now available!

am.dk wrote:hey rev ,eny thuoght abuot shipping international.
sheers forum adikted am.dk :viking:

I ship international all the time!

My current customer reach now spans:

USA
Canada
United Kingdom
Germany
France
Australia

But I can ship to almost any country as far as I know :D

RevAnakin wrote:
Thranduil wrote:Good to hear you are safe and almost soundly settled.

Hadhafang is now available!
Can you quote the price, or PM me please?
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Current Castle Kon pricing.

If you find a cheaper price anywhere online please let me know and I can see if I can beat it. As usually, I build in less than a 20% profit ($10-$20 usually) so there isn't much wiggle room but there may be if I can get enough orders etc.
P.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you Rev. :bowing:
I'll try to get an order off to you within the month.
Having that sword will kill two birds with one stone. (Darkshadow you may have your customized Hadhafang when I am finished with it).

Thranduil wrote:Thank you Rev. :bowing:
I'll try to get an order off to you within the month.
Having that sword will kill two birds with one stone. (Darkshadow you may have your customized Hadhafang when I am finished with it).
Not to throw a spanner in the works but, I remembered reading somewhere that the thickness of the blade on hadhafang changed at one point during one of the runs. Were you aware of that and have we all discussed it before? I have a Hadhafang that came in the old red box, so I'm assuming that's one of the original runs.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

RevAnakin wrote:I haven't heard of any change in production, but that wouldn't be the first time (*Boromir hilt cough)*
I'm not sure about what's changed during the current runs, but my information was from a few years ago during the early runs, I'm sure Kit will be able to provide us with a little bit more information if he drops by. My concern was how much has it changed from then to now? If Thrandy makes the scabbard based around the new blade dimensions then those of us who have older models will have trouble with the fitting.

I found the info. It was over on the fantasy forum and this was a quote made by you:

We actually made Hadhafang's 7.0mm blade thinner than the sword prop by about 1.0mm. Sometime next year we will change again to 5.0mm stock because it is much easier to aquire than 6.0mm and I don't think we will hear any complaints from collectors.

Not as big a difference as I thought. 1mm shouldn't really affect the way Thrandy makes these scabbards. Apologies, I couldn't remember the numbers and thought there was a more dramatic difference between the runs, but as you can see the change we know of is only 1mm.

I'm so concerned about blade thickness since my approach will allow for that.
If it happens to be a thick blade it will be a tighter fit.

As Kit said, the same tool, I trust the scabbard I make will fit all versions.

Hello everyone!

I am so sorry for my inactivity the last few months.

Long story short:

We move from Indiana to Charlotte, NC and go into temp housing while looking for a house to buy. Temp housing turns out to be 6 monts as Bank of America is the worst place ever. Nevertheless, we now own our very own castle. It is our own and we are feeling the costs and responsibilities of homeownership but wouldn't give it up for the world.

We are still in the process of getting everything set up, but I'll definitely share our home tour video once it's done.

Great news is that my South Carolina retail license came in the mail this week so I am legal to do business! My website is slightly out of date but it will be updated shortly. If anyone has any interest in items, my goal is still to provide the highest customer service while still beating everyone's prices.

Good to hear from you, Rev. I was very close to sending you an email to make sure everything was ok. Glad things are finally settling down. Owning your own castle is a nice feeling, is it not? :)

When you have a moment (no rush) I would love to know your updated prices and Canada shipping costs for the Mirkwood and Rivendell helms, please and thank you.
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote:Good to hear from you, Rev. I was very close to sending you an email to make sure everything was ok. Glad things are finally settling down. Owning your own castle is a nice feeling, is it not? :)

When you have a moment (no rush) I would love to know your updated prices and Canada shipping costs for the Mirkwood and Rivendell helms, please and thank you.
Thank you! I'll get you that quote tonight. The one thing I know is a couple of my other Canadian customers have put a hold on buying due to the CAD being so low compared to the USD right now.

Buckeye wrote:A belated welcome to the East Coast, Rev! I hope you made it through the weekend snowstorm alright. Things are very messy here in Virginia...
Yes, we missed the East Coast. Going from Florida to Indiana was a trip indeed and I very much like the East Coast mentality much better than Midwest (in terms of neighbors).

We survived Snowzilla and only got 2 inches. Everyone here acted like it was the end of the worldn but after living in Indiana, it was nothing for us. :D

RevAnakin wrote:Thank you! I'll get you that quote tonight. The one thing I know is a couple of my other Canadian customers have put a hold on buying due to the CAD being so low compared to the USD right now.
Yeah, our dollar sucks right now, hovering around .70 US, mainly because of the plunging oil prices. It's been tough on planning any new additions to my collection because finding any UC retailers north of the border seems next to impossible these days, and then their prices are adjusted way up anyway. Most of the US ebay sellers are gouging very highly on these items so if I am to sacrifice my lessened buying power, I don't want to be taken to the cleaners. :club:
This Space for Rent

Fingolfin wrote:Good to hear that you survived the move and the snow! I'll be paying attention to your website as UC makes further announcements this year. :)
Very lucky for us we had 2 inches of snow that quickly turned to ice, then melted two days later :)

Just gauging interest here. I'll be making a rather sizable purchase from UC, this week and now would be a great time to email me with any orders for items you would like! :D

Hello everyone,

Just another update:

I am placing another order at the end of March. If you were planning on getting anything in the next couple weeks, please let me know!

Hello everyone, just an update. I have had some cancelled orders and have the following items in stock immediately ready for shipping.

1x Anduril Scabbard
1x Thorin Regal Sword
1x Gandalf Staff with Pipe
1x Tauriel Knives
1x Azog Mace #0932

Valkrist wrote:Has anyone seen or heard from Rev recently? I sent him an email a week ago about the Mirkwood polearm and haven't received a response yet. :(
So sorry! I have worked over 170 hours in the past 12 days so I've done very little else but sleep.

I have a couple polearms on order. I'll let you know as soon as I get them. Should be next week.

TheWhiteHand wrote:Also waiting on a reply Rev :)
Did you send an email? I thought I caught up on all my emails this week.

Hello everyone!

Just an update with Dain's gear.

I shall be placing a bulk order at the beginning of the new year for multiple Dain's Hammers and Helms.

As for pricing, I shall beat whatever BUDK's pricing is by $25. That means if they are charging $250 and free shipping, I'll charge $225 and free shipping. Whatever their total pricing is shipped to you minus $25 is what you'll pay. Please email me with any orders and I'll invoice you via Paypal. Thank you, Happy Solstice, Christmas, and all the other wonderful holidays the season has to bring!

RevAnakin wrote:Hello everyone!...Happy Solstice, Christmas, and all the other wonderful holidays the season has to bring!
Well, don't forget FESTIVUS! (for the rest of us :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

Return to “New Products, Release Dates, & Updates”