Greetings from Louisiana!

Hi all, from a complete stranger on the forum, as I've only now heard about it through a friend. I've been an active member on the RPF and a lurker on the Flame of Udun, have had my niche in interests and builds, and I've generally kept it at that, but I think it's only right to say hello and give a brief summary of what I've done, thanks in no small part to the openness of many of the talented craftsman and fans here and elsewhere. I see a lot of crossover with members in other communities, so at least I can trust in y'all's quality.

It's no surprise my favorite costumes are from Lord of the Rings. For the past 5 or so years, I've really become invested in sewing and leather craft, sponging up tribal knowledge from the industries I've worked in, including aviation and military R&D. Some of my proudest moments were finally having the savings to buy a few choice replicas to complement my costuming, which rapidly ballooned from a hobby to a full-time gig.

Most of my work is on Instagram, but if it's permitted I'll gladly start new threads for relevant crafts. I just finished an Éowyn shieldmaiden, a 100% leather-free Faramir, and am deep into a complete Gandalf the White, both with all the painfully slow quilting and embroidery imaginable. The rest of my time is chipping away at commissions, mostly with Gondorian Vambraces, Faramir replicas, and non-LOTR leather goods like sheaths, holsters, quivers, and replicas for other fandoms such as Pirates, Princess Bride, Assassin's Creed, and similar.

I'm always happy to share the knowledge I have, and to keep expanding my own collection. Thanks for the community!

Re: Greetings from Louisiana!

Hello Nibs (may we call you Nibs?)

Welcome to the UCForum, a quiet corner and refuge from the hurly- burly of the bigger forums.
I am a member of both FoU and The RPF but I rarely post... this is my favorite-est forum.
Your work is amazing, just major jaw-drop stunning. :jaw:
And you've only been doing it for 5 years?
It's almost scary to imagine what you'll be doing in another 5 years :O
(So I think I'll just wander off to my tinker toys and play-doh and coloring books where I try to stay inside the lines :? ).

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Return to “Introduce Yourself”