Re: Seeking enthusiasm

Welcome to the forums Sam!

Sounds like you've been following the dream that a lot of sword collectors have. I hope you keep following it as well :)

As for your question about swords, we are all pretty much divided on preferences of functional and display swords. I own one of each and I love both of them.

As always, if you have any questions about the forums, feel free to ask myself or one of the moderators.

Cheers!
Valar morghulis

well,i better say hallo now and welcome to forum sam. ;)

there are not many people whit your Cinda of interest around ,i mean the idea of making fantasy swords like functional. usely its either a stainless wall hanger ore fully functional swords people.

personal i have interest in Manny difference knifes and sword, whits also makes it an very e xp ensive hobby and difficult to choose what to get next. :|

Even that i can not afford all i want ,is does not prevent me to learn about it. :thumbs_up

Welcome to the forum. :)
For my part I would prefer something functional to something decorative. There's something I like about understanding the potential for a particular sword. If it's just a wallhanger, then I know that potential isn't really there. I suppose there's something to be said for the aesthetic value of some wallhangers (like the LOTR swords), but I think all swords have a certain inherent beauty regardless of their decoration.

Welcome Sam. Sounds like you have a great craft there. I took a course at UofH on metal smithing and forged one sword and one dagger. We worked with other items besides blades as well. That is the extent of where I went with it. They both took quite a length of time to complete. I was happy with my endeavors but the time and labor that goes into one handmade sword is too extensive.

Are you a collector of UC LOTR blades/gear?
LOTR: MC Glamdring (379 out of 3000); MC Sting (666 out of 3000) & UC Sting Scabbard ; Witchking Helm (387 out of 3000) ; UC Elven Knife of Strider ; UC Anduril UE (need scabbard) ; UC Gimli Battle and Walking Axes ; UC Staff of Saruman ; UC Ringwraiths sword mini ; UC Sting Sword Mini ; UC Gauntlet of Sauron (2896 out of 3000) ; UC Legolas scabbard & Legolas fighting knives ; UC RingWraith Sword ; UC Staff of Gandolf ; UC Glamdring Scabbards (Blue & White) ; UC Herugrim ; UC Urik-Hai Scimitar Kit Rae: Mithrodin Sword Damascus Limited number 52 Edition of 100 pieces; Anathar ; Morthoseth ; Luciendar ; Valdris SE ; Archeros www.WitchKing.net

Return to “Introduce Yourself”