hello

Hi everyone, I am new to UC forums and I just want to say hi. I see you can post your collection on here and I will have to do that later. I have been looking around and found some interesting posts. I have been a lord of the ring fans for sometime. I hope that there will be more post from members who are still collecting and I hope members update new items they have gotten, Its good to know that there are poeple still collecting lotr with items been so hard to find. I look forward to chatting with you :thumbs_up . Where did everybody go???? Since nobody has anything to ever say on this forum why does justin keep it running???? nobody updates their collection Nobody post anything new. Its just like poeple gave up. It looks like it was a great forum at one time, but the members don't seem to care. I go on everyday looking for new posts and you have 3 weeks ago. I am sorry does any know where their is a forum that poeple is post and chat with each other??????? Man if members here were true collectors they would keep things go. Come on. Yeah some of you who check time to time will get upset, but lease you would be postings !!!!!!
Last edited by thegreatdestoyer on Thu May 17, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: hello

Welcome to the forums!

Glad to see some new members posting! As you are well aware, we don't have many people coming by to chat anymore. We can only speculate as to the reasons for that, but I believe it has something to do with the lack of interest in the LoTR swords. Most of the members that were a part of this forum at one time or another mainly discussed the United Cutlery products as well as the other LoTR collectibles. When the hype ended, so too did the number of people here on the forums.

We keep these forums running because there are still some great discussions that take place and we still receive news about upcoming products from time to time by Kit Rae and various other people in the industry.

Don't let this stop you from posting. I know a number of people on here read posts daily and will post if something of interest comes up. I myself have been very busy and haven't been able to put as much time in here as I would like.

Anyways, this post should be welcoming you... not rambling about the depressing state of the forums. So, what brought you to these forums and what do you collect? Do you have any other hobbies?

Cheers!
Valar morghulis

what bought me here,was the hope other collectors would have info on and about Lord of the rings and other items,but as you know its dead. true collectors never just give up, they hunt for, turn every rock over. That what I do. I guess alot of this forums members are wanna a be's. They say things like I just bought a house and I aming a new dad. Come on sell a sword for 100 to 200 $$$ isn't going to make make a difference thats for sure and about a house repairs they're are an on going battle, join the club. Just tell the truth and say I am selling them becuase I don't collect anymore. Then you hear I haven't been on in a long time, come on people it takes 1 min of your day. Sorry about going off about everything but why does Justin keep it running. He would be better off letting it go and using the money for better things.

I been looking around and thier's nothing new, it's dead, members don't care. Or they would be on here talking and posting thier collections and answer e-mails and posts. the only one I will hear from is THORIN , lease he checks. 1 member. I should be talking to the walk,lease i would hear myself.

There are actually a lot of people that still post here though many of them don't necessarily post every time they login. You seem to have a very pessimistic outlook about these forums and you have only recently joined. If you watch who is on-line you will see that a lot of people come by and read new posts but won't make a post themselves unless they want to. True collectors may already have a collection of items and are unable to afford more. While they can turn over every stone they find, they will probably turn it back over and let someone else who has the resources to pay for it. If you believe that people are selling swords because they are no longer collectors, you might want to read some of the posts from a few of the members and you will find that many of them are having to sell a few pieces of their collection because they have moved into a new house and need a few extra dollars to help pay for it. Justin himself sold a number of items to help pay for his new house. Its sad, but in the end, a house is more important. Thats just life.

We keep these forums running because there are a lot of people here who still enjoy a good conversation. Yes, its true, we are a small forum and don't have much activity, but there are still friendships here between members and that is enough reason to keep it going. Not to mention that the industry is not dead. There is still information coming down the pipeline. You'll probably hear some updates in the near future.

Do not take this post negatively. I only wish to e xp lain to you and answer some of the questions you have asked.

Cheers!
Valar morghulis

Hi again thorin, Since I have been a member only you have post anything. and thats because I have asked questions WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE AND ABOUT NEW POSTS THEIR ARE HARDLY ANY. So thats why I said justin should just let it go. why would new sponsors want to pay for ads on here, when Nobody but you and myself are posting any and NOBODY is on?????? Its sad to see what was a great forum wasting away. Its old post were and are great but NOBODY posts. ANd their is still items out their to collect. Poeple should just look.

Well I think it all comes down to what Thorin said, yes there are less and less items available and you really have to search for the ones you want. But don't let the fact that people are not posting fool you, I personally feel that the industry is alive and well, I check this forum everyday for new postings. I have not posted very much due to the fact that someone else had e xp ressed how i feel already, why just reiterrate the same thing over and over? I do feel though that selling off your collection is very hard thing to do just to pay for a house, but then again I am not in that situation. I think some understanding and tolerance of others can go a long way here. I have a ton of respect for all those who have and do post here, I suppose this can be construed as a wake up call to myself and others to let your voice be heard. Thanks very much for posting and I sincerely hope this forum does not just waste away!
Glamdring, Sting, Hadhafang, Strider sword, Legolas' Fighting knives, Aragorn's elven knife, Herugrim, Gimli's Battle Axe, Gimli's Walking Axe, Gandalf's staff, Saruman's staff, Eowyns sword, Scabbards:Glamdring(blue), Aragorn's ranger sword, Legolas' fighting knives, sting- hope to have alot more!!!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”