Hey Everyone

Hey everyone,

I've been reading this forum for some time now and thought I'd jump in and start contributing. I collect the UC LOTR series, though I'm considering branching out into Lightsabers if I can ever get my LOTR collection up to where I want it.

It'll be nice to talk to people who don't give me weird looks whenever I say I just bought a sword. :)

Re: Hey Everyone

Wait... wait.... you like swords? :huh: What a strange person. :crazy:

Welcome to the forums! I too sometimes get strange looks from people when I tell them about my swords. I have come across a number of people who were fascinated by them and actually couldn't let go of them once they felt them in their hands. That would mainly be my family though.

Enjoy your stay!

:viking:
Valar morghulis

[quote=""Steel Servant""] :coolsmile Welcome Motor City friend! It's great to have you on board.

I know what you mean. We sword lovers are a unique breed. Hell, even my wife and daughter think I'm weird for loving swords. When someone starts to get me into a discussion about swords, and I know they are not a sword lover, I usually don't take the topic very far. It's hard, if not impossible, to e xp lain the fever for steel. It's a personal thing. This is the place where you can discuss, get new opinions and information, and just chew the fat about steel.

Again....WELCOME![/quote]

In Top Gun they talk about feeling the "need for speed." We should talk about the "appeal of steel." :coolsmile
#UC1264 Sting, #UC1300 Sting Scabbard, #UC1298 Hadhafang, #UC1372WGNB Fighting Knives of Legolas, UC1381LTNB Knives of Legolas Scabbards, #UC1371WGBN Knife of Strider, #UC-1370ABNB Herugrim

"Appeal for steel", you say?!

The best part of collecting LOTR swords, United Cutlery, etc., is the working on "completing" your collection, or getting it where you want it. I've gotten there twice (so I thought)...and I still WANT MORE! You have a nice start, complete with scabbards, as well.

When people see my swords on the wall, they're interested...until I start talking about them in detail. That's when the strange looks come.

Welcome Finrod. Welcome.
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

I told myself after I bought Herugrim and Hadhafang, my two most recent purchses, that I was done, that that would complete the stuff that I wanted from the collection.

But I found when they arrived that I still wanted the EWS, and MC Sting. And maybe even Glamdring, though I'm not sure. The larger swords never appealed to me as much as the smaller weapons. And now I'm even considering some of Noble's jewelry, especially the King Elessar Crown. With UC starting production back up, I might find there are even more things that I want, but I'm not having a lot of trouble finding the things I want, just the money to pay for them. I suspect when I have all the things I just listed, I'll probably tell myself that I want the Elven helm and shield as well. Who'd have thought that sword collecting could become addictive?
#UC1264 Sting, #UC1300 Sting Scabbard, #UC1298 Hadhafang, #UC1372WGNB Fighting Knives of Legolas, UC1381LTNB Knives of Legolas Scabbards, #UC1371WGBN Knife of Strider, #UC-1370ABNB Herugrim

Return to “Introduce Yourself”