Hey, Everyone!

Hi all, I'm Jamanticus, and just like so many other members, I'm a LotR fan.

I know a few of you from other forums- Xena10Ares, Blu Falcon, maybe more if you go by different usernames here :D

My current favorite thing is beating up my UC swords and other weapon replicas to make them more 'lived-in'... Started back in 2006 when I saw UC making their Museum Collection line. Didn't have the funds to purchase the MC Glamdring back then, so I decided to start by distressing my standard version with a horseshoe and some soot.

Spiraled from there to me deciding to weather every LotR sword I've ever owned. Except Hadhafang. Can't find a way to weather that one without making it look kinda ugly ;)

So, I'm excited to be here on the forums, I'm planning on shooting a ton of pics of my collection up onto the forum, and I hope to learn a few new things about weathering techniques while I'm here.

Hope to get to know everyone here a bit better in the coming months :thumbs_up

Re: Hey, Everyone!

Welcome. I'm on the opposite end of my UC LOTR swords, I'm prettying them up instead.
Hope you enjoy!
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Hey, welcome.

Do post some pics of your collection, I'd love to see how it all turned out!
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Good day to you, Sir, and welcome to the greatest forum IN THE WORLD!!! I could be bias though. I too would like to see pictures of your hand-distressed LOTR items when you get around to it.
Head of the Department of Evil, Canadian Division.

"All that Longbottom gave me the munchies."

Irony, I just posted in another thread about a post I saw you involved in on another forum just hours ago, and now you're on here! Welcome, I've seen your work on your swords (this morning) got to say, it looks FANTASTIC! Definatley the way forward for anyone who accidentally spoiled one of their own items, your weathering would give it a whole new life and look. Again, welcome

Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

I shall be posting pics of my stuff presently, although I've already got a few uploaded to my 'Distressed Swords!' album. Actually, those are all the ones I've done, but I've a bunch more pictures in higher resolutions and at different angles and whatnot.

[quote=""Thranduil""]Welcome. I'm on the opposite end of my UC LOTR swords, I'm prettying them up instead.
Hope you enjoy![/quote]

Hey, we should post some side-by-side pics! The standard LotR replicas mostly look sort of half-antiqued... Not quite brand new, but not quite beaten-up either.

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”