Let me introduce myself.

Hi guy's,

When i registrated myself on this nice forum i made a mistake.
My name on this forum should have been Dark Shadow but i forgot the letter A so it went Dark Shdow.
I'm from Belgium nearby Brussels and i am collecting only things like Lord of the rings and swords of United Cutlery.
I believe there are 24 or 25 swords of lotr uc and now i am 8 swords.
Within a few months i buy 8 or 9 swords,i want them all by next year.
But there are 2 swords,one is very hard to find certainly the Glamdring museum edition(it's very hard to find in Europe).
2nd sword is Anduril made by weta full handcrafted (price 6000$)is even way to mutch for me i guess.
I married back in 2003 and i'm happy with my wife and my life.
I am in a warehouse forklift driver,that's what i'm do for a livin.
These are the swords that i have at the moment:
Anduril regular:
Anduril limited edition number 3978/5000.
Shards of narsil limited edition number 1795/5000.
Ringwraith sword.
Glamdring sword and blue scabbard.
Boromir sword.
Elven knife of strider.
Sting sword of frodo and scabbard.

These are the swords and stuff that coming within a few months:
Sword of eowyn.
Herugrim sword of king theoden.
Strider ranger sword.
High elven warrior sword.
Sting museum edition
Sting FX.
Sword of isildur.
Sword of samwise regular
Dagger of the witchking.
And perhaps if i have the spare money,sword of the witchking and uruk-hai scimitar.
These two are coming my way also within a few months:
Gauntlet of sauron.
the one ring of sauron 1/1 replica limited.
2 weeks ago i received the ringwraith bust & nazgul steed bust & saruman light up mini bust.
I also have the gondorian helm set limited edition number 790/1000.
Helm of sauron size1/4 limited edition number 3275/5000.
Helm of eomer size 1/4.
Helm of Sauron size 1/1 limited edition number 2795/3000.
Helm of elendil limited edition number 2074/5000.
And shards of narsil statue.
And Barad-Dur by danbury mint that i want to sell.
Begin next year i want to buy the rest witch is:
Fighting knifes of legolas with scabbards.
Narsil sword.
Samwise sword museum edition.
Glamdring sword museum edition(i hope).
2nd age gondorian shield.
High elven warrior shield.
Battle axe of gimli.
Walking axe of gimli.
Bearded axe of gimli.
And the other 5 helmen size 1/1.
Ringwraith on steed and ringwraith diorama.

That's all folks,hope you enjoy it.
Greeting,
Dark Shadow.
Last edited by Dark Shadow on Thu May 13, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Let me introduce myself.

Nice collection start man. i posted the full UC list below and there are 20 regular swords 3 MCs, 3 Axes of gimli, well you can take a look below:

United Cutlery

Swords
UC1264 Sting
UC1265 Glamdring
UC1266 WitchKing
UC1267 Narsil
UC1278 RingWraith
UC1296 Shards of Narsil
UC1298 Hadhafang
UC1299 Striders Sword
UC1309 Urik-Hai
UC1370 Herugrim
UC1371 Elven Knife of Strider
UC1372 Legolas Daggers
UC1373 High Elven War Sword
UC1380asnb Anduril
UC1380ASLB Anduril
UC1400 Boromir
UC1423 Eowyn
UC2595 Dagger of the Witch-King
UC2598 Sword of Isildur
UC2614 Sword of Sam

Museum Collection
UC1424 Museum Collection Sting
UC1425 Museum Collection Glamdring
UC2614MC Museum Collection Sword of Sam

Scabbards
UC1300 Sting Scabbard
UC1366 Strider Scabbard
UC1381 Legolas Scabbards
UC1396 Andruil Scabbard
UC1417bl Glamdring Scabbard
UC1417wt Glamdring Scabbard

Staffs
UC1385 Saruman Staff
UC1386 Gandalf Staff

Axe
UC1397 Gimli Battle Axe
UC1415 Gimli Walking Axe
UC2628 Gimli Bearded Axe

Gauntlet
UC1411 Sauron Gauntlet

Helmets
UC1382 High Elven War Helm
UC1383 King Elendil Helm
UC1384 Gimli Helm
UC1412 Sauron Helm
UC1414 Gondor Infantry Helm
UC1430 Isildur Helm
UC1457 War Helm of the Witchking

Shields
UC1428 High Elven War Shield
UC1454 2nd Age Gondor Shield

[quote=""dpegasusm""]Nice. I assume you are going to try to buy the whole LOTR collection or are you more selective?[/quote]

No i'm not selective,i realy want them all.
And after i get them all i'm gonna start collect statue's.
The Balrog wall mount monument is on my list to.

Now i'm going to sleep because here in Belgium it is now 3.15 am in the morning.
Feel free to leave a message,when i wake up i answer it.

Greetings from Dark Shadow the sword collector.

1 important question to all of you guy's.

If you know somebody that want to sell his Glamdring museum edtion PLEASE let me now ASAP.

Now i'm gonna stricktley to bed because my wife sleeps for about 5 hours
and i'm tired to,so a good night sleep and then i'll get back to you guy's.

Sweet dreams and think of me for the most wanted sword for me Glamdring MC.

Best Regards and Many Thanks to all of you who want's to help me on this one.

Dark Shadow.
Last edited by Dark Shadow on Thu May 13, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

I know the seller in spain,i have send him 3 times an email.
But i don't know if he is reliable.
Looks like he can't sell the sword even its a very low number (number 57/1000).
I have my doubts with this seller.
I asked him earlier before if he want to send my a foto from the edition number in close up but so far i received nothing jet.
I also asked him if i can buy it in a couple times but he refused.
What are you guys thinking of that,please let me know.

Many thanks.
Dark Shadow.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]no idea. there is another one on ebay right now in the US. Ebay item number 270581827822. i can help you get it if you want.[/quote]

dpegasmus my friend,

What do you mean by you will help me if you can.

There are two glamdring swords MC that i was following on ebay,one in spain and one in the us.
Now i see that the two are gone,i don't know if they are sold or if they has another reason but i can tell you right now that i'm really sad.
I honnestley hope that you will help me to a glamdring MC sword because i want it so mutch.

I'm so glad that you find one from a good seller and i hope that you gonna help me to find one of my own.
If you can,a bonus wil waithing for you my friend.

Have a nice week & weekend.

Greetings from Dark Shadow.

The one in the US sold for 1100 USD the one in Spain still has not. He has been relisting it for a while now so I assume it will be back soon. I am still looking for ya. Every one that I find you will be informed of. A word of caution; you really have to snatch it up the moment that you see it. If you wait it will be gone. I will let you know the new item # as soon as the Spain seller relists.

dpegasusm,

My heart breaks when i read your answer.
Your a guy with the heart on the right place.
I can't thank you enough but i will sure get you a bonus on your bank account,you deserve it and i will hold you on that.
My hope is in your hands me friend.
I honnestley hope that the seller in spain the sword once more on ebay put,that's the 3the time then.
dpegasusm may i ask you a very important question please.
If you see that's the seller in spain back is with the sword i want,could you send him a message and you pretend if you are the buyer and then will w
see what's he gonna do.

BTW I'm giving it a call tomorrow morning for the helm of elven war for you

Greetings and many thanks from me.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]The one in the US sold for 1100 USD the one in Spain still has not. He has been relisting it for a while now so I assume it will be back soon. I am still looking for ya. Every one that I find you will be informed of. A word of caution; you really have to snatch it up the moment that you see it. If you wait it will be gone. I will let you know the new item # as soon as the Spain seller relists.[/quote]

dpegasusm,

yesterday i've send the spain seller a perfect message in his own laguage.
All day long at my work my thoughts gone with the spain seller and now i find nothing more from him. :'(
It is the second time that he disapire and i don't know what the think enymore,is he affraid of me,why would he be not just answering my questions,that's all i'm ask..

I hope you came up with a sollution for me or that you can talk to the mysterious SPAIN SELLER.

maby it is because the spainice seller dont ,have the sword in the first place ,and just try to scew peaple to buy somthing he dont have ,(just a thought )eny way how much did the spainice seller wants for the mc glammy.just want to now how much it goes for here in europe.(i need a seriouse answer,if no one hve a seriouse answer then plees do not anwer to my post.)

:thumbs_up dark shdow.did you manage to get a hold of a mc glammy?? :huh:

seems like your lost the interest in getting one.
maby evryone misunderstud me whit my former post.

the idea wass to get a feeling about the value of a sword i did spent alot of money and time to get ,before it got into produktion.

the shipping part is the worth isue,if you want to get a sword like this, shiped to europe.the shipping price will go as high as the sword cost. :'(

not much because of the sword whight ,as it is a very light sword,but because of the great furnituer that follows it.big beatufull heavy display case. :thumbs_up

if you want the mc glammy,dark shdow.my advise will be .dont go whitout the displaycase .its amassing .and the coa .

now ,when whit this is spoking.

plees,do not get tempted to by a half sword.like missing disply ,missing coa,missing this and that.then a god price is able. :(
dont fall for it,maby its just me but i dont want to by things that is incomplet. :coolsmile

the mc need to comes complet,whit all its aspect. :thumbs_up

He probably just hasn't checked his email yet, I hardly ever check my email myself. Need to get better at that. If he's selling it on eBay, try sending him an eBay message, chances are he will check there before he checks his mail.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Hi Guys,

My appologie for the delay but i have very busy with work at my daughter's house.
am.dk Stuff that isn't complete i never want to buy it,it has to be in mint condition and i know that's the shipping overseas is killing me.
Thats' the reason that i love to buy it within the EU.
I wanna thank dpegasusm for his big help to me but one Glamy MC from a seller from spain I didn't trust because on the picture i saw clearly that the sword had scratches and spots so it look certanly not new to me like the seller has written on ebay.
dpegasusm,the second seller also within the EU has missing something from the wooden case and that's to bad my friend because the thing that's missing on the wooden case i know that i never can't find it enywhere so again a piece that's not complete.
What goes for the third seller,i've looked on ebay but i can find it,could someone send me the link so i can take a look and maybe if it's in good shape and mint condition then i'll certainly buy that one if the shipping is not gonna kill me insted.

I would appreciate it if you wil send me the links to the Glamy swords MC they are now on ebay for sell because i can't find no one.

Sorry again for the late answer,i'll hope you understand it and forgive me.

Regards,

Dark Shadow.

[quote=""am.dk""]hmm,well maby dark shdow.dont want the mc glammy after all.to bad as i was willing to sell,but got convinsed about not to sell,from a god old forum freind of mine.[/quote]

am.dk you gotta be kidding me wright,do you mean that?

First you wanna sell your MC Glamdring and now you gonna keep it.

Are you sure you want to keep it or is there a chance that you gonna sell it after all.

P.S Are you located in the EU or not?

Greetings,
Dark Shadow.

Hey buddy. The third one sold this morning. It was in the US. I am keeping watch for you. If anyone else wants a MC glamdring there are 2 left on eBay right now. eBay item numbers 32052750014 and 180512408882. Both are in Spain. The first one says that there is something small broken on the case. I have pictures of the second that I will post here for any other interested party.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]Hey buddy. The third one sold this morning. It was in the US. I am keeping watch for you. If anyone else wants a MC glamdring there are 2 left on eBay right now. eBay item numbers 32052750014 and 180512408882. Both are in Spain. The first one says that there is something small broken on the case. I have pictures of the second that I will post here for any other interested party.[/quote]

Hey friend of mine,

How in the world you find al those MC glamy swords ?????
What's the exact name that you typ in on ebay.

Thanks.

David,

I just looked at the one with number 32052750014 but it's not on ebay enymore.
Is it possible that this number 320527500145 it's the same sword.
I think that you've forgotten the last number.
I hope that i'm gonna be lucky one of these day's to get that master piece of al swords.
BTW do you have your's received jet from celeste,show us some pics if you want buddy.
I'm looking forward to it.
I think you are agree with me that i prefer one to buy within the EU because it's a lot cheaper for shipping for me.
Last edited by Dark Shadow on Sun May 30, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah That got cut when I pasted it into the forums. The way I find stuff is really quite simple. I type "glamdring" into the search bar then turn on search title and description and under the advanced settings turn on the setting for items available to "worldwide". That will find you every thing with the word glamdring in it on the world. Lol. Then you have to look through it manually. I use just glamdring because it is a proper name and is the same in all languages. Putting museum in front of it or something like that could remove some items because the seller may have translated museum or used limited edition or something like that instead.

Interesting fact: Monday is the day that the most items are listed on eBay and Sunday is when the most items are sold.

Thanks for the tips friend.

This is wat the one seller in spain has written about the wooden case.
What do you think of it.

IS ONE OF THE CABINET 3 CLOSINGS broken, but stick with EASY, AND THE OTHER 2 PERFECT ENDING PERFECTAMENTE.ES an insignificant detail NOTE BUT IS NOT AS ALWAYS prefer to tell.

The one that you bought is that in mint condition ?

In Spanish it says:

TIENE UNO DE LOS 3 CIERRES DE LA VITRINA ROTO, PERO SE PEGA CON FACILIDAD, LOS OTROS 2 PERFECTOS Y SE CIERRA PERFECTAMENTE.ES UN DETALLE INSIGNIFICANTE QUE NO SE NOTA PERO PREFIERO DECIRLO COMO SIEMPRE

El dice que:

one of the 3 closures on the case broke, but it was an easy fix. The other two are perfect and close with ease. It is an insignificant detail that he woul never have said excemp that he likes to disclose everything.

The one that o got is basicly new in box. The masking tape is still on the glass. There are two little clasps and a key to shut the case. I think what he is saying is that one of the little clasps on the side of the case broke and he fixed it. Other than that he says it is in mint condition.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]In Spanish it says:

TIENE UNO DE LOS 3 CIERRES DE LA VITRINA ROTO, PERO SE PEGA CON FACILIDAD, LOS OTROS 2 PERFECTOS Y SE CIERRA PERFECTAMENTE.ES UN DETALLE INSIGNIFICANTE QUE NO SE NOTA PERO PREFIERO DECIRLO COMO SIEMPRE

El dice que:

one of the 3 closures on the case broke, but it was an easy fix. The other two are perfect and close with ease. It is an insignificant detail that he woul never have said excemp that he likes to disclose everything.

The one that o got is basicly new in box. The masking tape is still on the glass. There are two little clasps and a key to shut the case. I think what he is saying is that one of the little clasps on the side of the case broke and he fixed it. Other than that he says it is in mint condition.[/quote]

O that's mutch better to here it.
This guy(seller)asks 400 euro's to shipping and the other seller (also in spain)asks 70 to 100 euro to ship it.
That's a difference of 300 euro's only about the shipping.
That part i do not understand,can you?

[quote=""Dark Shdow""]Hey, not so long ago you have send me a mail(message) from your phone,my question is,is that an iphone because i'm looking to buy me something like that so i can search with the phone on the internet and for MC Glamdring swords because every time i'll have te waith untill i get home from work. :) [/quote]

yeah i have an iPhone 3GS so that i can respond to emails on the fly and surf the internet while i am out. its a nice phone but i don't like a lot of the stuff that apple does. i really like the Google Android phone and Windows Mobile 7 phones right now but you have to go to a phone store and choose what you like. i don't know which carriers support which phones in europe but there are so many nice phones out there between the blackberries, the android and the iphone i am sure you can find a smartphone that works for you.

[quote=""Dark Shdow""]This guy(seller)asks 400 euro's to shipping and the other seller (also in spain)asks 70 to 100 euro to ship it.
That's a difference of 300 euro's only about the shipping.
That part i do not understand,can you? [/quote]

he says that:

EL PRECIO DEL ENVÍO ES ELEVADO PORQUE ES ENORME LA CAJA, PARECE UN ATAUD DE GRANDE QUE ES. ADEMÁS IRÉ ASEGURADO POR EL TOTAL DE LA PUJA AL 100 % Y SE ENVIARÁ POR MENSAJERÍA URGENTE QUE ES MÁS FIABLE PARA QUE LLEGUE PERFECTA.

which translates to:

the price of the shipping is elevated because the box is enormous, almost the size of a small coffin. It will be insured to 100% of its purchase price and sent by courier because it has a better chance of arriving there undamaged.

so the shipping price is high because he is sending it by courrier. not regular mail. if you wated to buy it you might be able to ask him to send it another, cheaper way. but that is up to you.

I just have send the seller a message in his own language.

Beste escripi,

Para indicar que algo está roto en la caja de madera donde la espada colgando y son fáciles de reparar, mientras tanto usted tiene la reparación? ¿Me podrías enviar fotos se le puede enviar rotas o reparar el documento y la espada / certificado / cajas. Yo soy un posible comprador, gracias por su respuesta. traduje al español, con la esperanza de que no muchos demasiados errores en ella, podemos hablar más en Inglés-chien lío Mejor. refiere a Johnny.
- johnny8077

I hope it's written in good spanisch and that he aswered al my questions.

The nice part of it is that i can pay with banktransfer because i've heard to many complains from many people about ebay.
Last edited by Dark Shadow on Sun May 30, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

I saw that and considered it but I couldn't justify it. I also cand afford it and the girlfriend would kill me if I spent my money on it. I would take the glamdring and sting over the anduril for 5k I know that they are super rare and I love rare stuff and I really want it but I feel like I have to let it pass by and try to catch it further down the road.

Thanks for the heads up on it though.
http://www.pegasuswd.com/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”