Howdy

Thought I'd pop in here and introduce myself.

I am new to collecting, but I've been admiring the replicas since they first started being released. Unfortunately I started college at the exact same time, so I had to choose between swords and textbooks. I ended up choosing textbooks... and beer. Now that I'm finished and employed I hope to change that.

Anyway, happy to be here and nice to meet you!

Re: Howdy

Greetings and welcome.

Yes it's a great hobby you've chosen, and we will encourage and assist you in pursuing it. :thumbs_up

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

[quote=""Deimos""]Yes it's a great hobby you've chosen, and we will encourage and assist you in pursuing it. :thumbs_up [/quote]

even to the point where you realize that you have spent way way to much money.... and then we will keep you buying more lol

Welcome and good luck...

I was in a very similar boat not too long ago. I was able to keep my collection through college but had to sell it off a few years back to help pay for a wedding ring (pfff... priorities :D ), I noticed in my time away, the passion to collect these NEVER went away like I thought it might. I just started again in the past year and am nearly back to where I left off, I even managed to nab my LE Anduril and Narsil.

Anyhoo, you've come to the right place... This is a cozy forum populated by a group of very friendly, DEDICATED, and knowledgable people always eager to help!

Thanks Draven.

I can see how it would be pretty difficult to get away from it now that I finally got started. It took a LOT of restraint not to buy any for the past few years, and I hope I don't have to sell any that I end up getting. I suppose a wedding ring is a good enough reason to sell a collection though.. especially if she's cool with you starting up again! :thumbs_up

I also noticed very quickly that this is a very friendly and helpful forum. I came along at just the right time to get pointed in the direction of a MC Glamdring and I can't wait for it to arrive.

[quote=""shadowandflame""]Quick update, I'll be receiving an MC Glamdring and Elven Knife of Strider on Thursday. Can't wait![/quote]

Where do you find the MC Glamdring and how mutch did you have to pay for it ????????
What's the edition number of that Glamdring ??
Welcome to this very nice forum.
If you want something let it know and we all search with you my friend.

Dark Shadow. :thumbs_up

Wauw that's a very nice and good price he paid for that Glamdring.
I guess it was in absolute mint condition.

dpegasusm,the seller from spain did answered me with the following questions:

Hi valued customer.please send me one mail to send you the photos the glamdring limited edition thanks.

Please envie me the direction(address) of email completes,since for ebay do not stop to send anymore photographies.

Regards.

Honestly i don't know what he is trying to say.(my englisch is not that good you know).
But one thing it's for sure,untill now i havend received nothing jet so far.

Dark Shadow.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]that was the third one on ebay i mentioned... he paid 1100 for it and it was located in the united states. i may or may not have had a hand in talking him into getting it...

ebay item: 270581827822[/quote]

You definitely did have a hand in talking me into it. I definitely wasn't planning on it, but how can you pass that up?
Last edited by shadowandflame on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""dpegasusm""]no..... you need to send him a message on ebay with your email address so he can send you pictures.[/quote]

Heey buddy sorry for misunderstanding,i'll get the picture.
I've just send him my email address trough ebay.
I hope it work this way because i really want to see the pics you know.

Thanks Buddy you've bin a great help to me.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”