whats up new to the forum

heres my breif bio

Jason Brous is a 23 year old Artist and a innovator of custom knives. He started "J. Brous Knives" in early May of 2010 after several years as a knife collector. Jason is a CNC Machinist by trade in Santa Barbara California and makes knives during the nights of the week as well as most of the weekend. Jason custom knife style has been described as, modern and futuristic. His cutting edge designs have been discovered all around the world from China, South Africa, Italy, Canada, Brazil, Greece, Austria and More! Jason makes mostly fixed-blade designs using the stock removal method. He uses D2, CPM154, 440c, ATS-34 or 1095 steels. For the best heat treat available in the industry, all of his blades go directly to the infamous Paul Bos. Jason's ultimate goal is to create extraordinary knife designs that are unprecedented, something you see for the first time and your jaw drops.

Re: whats up new to the forum

Well BB, welcome.
Why don't you post some photos of the knives you done so far. Descriptions won't hurt either along with specifications. :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

I’ve recently completed 10 Brand New Designs, roughly 8 months of hard work. Please check out them out and let me know what you guys think.

Unedited High Definition Youtube Video
JB-058
"While You Were Asleep"
Blade: Steel: CPM 154
Handle: G10
Sheath: Kydex
Grind: V
Heat Treat: Paul Bos
Overall Length: 22"
Blade Length: 17"
Blade Thickness: 1/4"

JB-063
Overall Length: 8"
Blade Length: 4"

JB-064
Handle: G10 w/ Carbon Fiber Inlays
Overall Length: 18"
Blade Length: 14"

JB-062
Blade: Steel: D2
Grind: Chisel
Overall Length: 8.5"
Blade Length: 4"

Excellent! A fresh perspective, unique and clearly well made pieces. :thumbs_up
I wish you well :)
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”