Trying to get information

I have a oil painting of the Snow Giants (Frazetta) although it is signed in the corner by someone named Jensen... My dad bought it in 1975. It is in a Anco Bilt Frame. Can anyone tell me more about this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Trying to get information

I'd say Jensen did similar art as Frazetta. Not uncommon for another artist to mimick.

The real question here is whether or not this is a poster print or real oil painting. If it's a painting there should be some dimension to the color on the canvas; and obviously not paper.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Re: Trying to get information

[quote=""aubderv""]It is an oil painting. I didnt use the flash when i took the picture, it is 36X24 Canvas stretched on an Ancobilt Frame. There is dimension to the color. Picture does no justice.[/quote]

At this point I suggest you do some research on this Jensen guy. Is he still alive?
Did he duplicate a Frazetta, or is it his own (I do agree it looks like a Frazetta original)? Was Jensen commissioned to do Frazetta duplicates by Frazetta (an understudy to FF)?

Frazetta just passed away last year (or earlier this year) so it's worth your time to research this, it may be valuable.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”