Psst...wanna buy a sword?

:) Hi all. I'm new to this forum (obviously) but I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Shards of Narsil? I have one that I bought a looong time ago when they first came out on a whim because I happened to be in New Hope, PA in a store that sold that type of stuff and I thought it looked cool. Anyway, I never took it out or did anything with it except store it in my parents' attic. And then my dad brought it up to me in NY a few months ago. I want to sell it. Anyone know what the value may be now?
Thanks!

Re: Psst...wanna buy a sword?

Psst... Wanna read the rules? You have to post a minimum of 20 or 25 posts to earn the right to sell stuff on this forum. It's also in the wrong forum section, should be in the barter bazaar.

As for how much you'll get for it, it can be anything from 200 bucks to 800 bucks. Now with quality sword replicas steadily rising in price, and the rarity of the shards of Narsil, you should be able to get at least 400 bucks for it quite easily.

EDIT: The edition number may also have something to say, if it's a particularly low number, you should be able to cash in some extra cash from serious collectors. What's the number?
Last edited by Darlak on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Well the title was "Psst... wanna buy a sword?", so I think you had more on your mind than simply pricing the sword.

And yeah, you're right about the Hobbit, although you'd be better off waiting until after the first movie is released. You'll get an alright price for it now as well though.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

[quote=""Fingolfin""]It's highly probable that Sed is slightly dazed at the moment from an entire days worth of screaming at stupid little kids on Xbox Live, so don't think too hard when he asks you a question. :P [/quote]

How did you know?

Actually I've been working on panels for a website my brother's making me. First draft! http://c0359001.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspac ... 2652-0.jpg

Should look a'ight next to a lengthy body of text, huh?

Kinda rude to hijack a thread though, so I guess I'll throw it back on topic: no, thanks, I don't wanna buy a sword. :coolsmile
-_-

[quote=""Curunir""]
[/quote]

Actually, I believe that might be Sed. Yeah it's definately him.

Oh and I'm sorry if I was a little grumpy yesterday, it's just kinda irritating to see people mistaking this forum for an eBay alternative. Been quite alot of people signing up only to sell stuff.

Always seems to be a Shards of Narsil lately.

Welcome Mandaley, good luck with parting with it. Hang around and try your luck here after you've gotten your feet wet. If we never hear from you again.....well, guess that would tell the motive. Hope you stay. Sed really wants to know the underwear color thing. :crazy:
Last edited by Steel Servant on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

[quote=""Curunir""]
[/quote]

So there I was, just puttering around the interwebs, haven't logged on here in ages, and in the first thread I choose, I see....this.

Curunir, I hope you're going to help defray my therapist bills. =8O
I am Brother Maynar, keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

And the number of the counting, shall be three.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”