Hi friends!

Hi to you all! Although I'm a new member and all, I was often guest on your forum reading your posts, admiring your collections :) and gathering useful information... I decided to register because only from until while ago I became a collector. Managed to save some money and right away start spending on UC LOTR swords :) For now I only have Anduril UC1380AS, Glamdring (unlegit but nice edition) and Excalibur (Toledo Marto swords). I'm a huge J.R.R. Tolkien fan and there are many of us in Serbia :) Ok, that's enough for my first post I think :)
Last edited by EagleFriend on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present."

Re: Hi friends!

Welcome EagleFriend. As you have been following the forum, I'm sure you already kow that this is a place that will inform, entertain, and challenge your intelect. So, kick beck and enjoy the ride new friend from distant lands. :thumbs_up
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

Welcome EagleFriend!

For just starting out, you already have a pretty impressive collection.

And we all can promise you that it will only get better! :)

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Thank you for warm welcome! This is indeed the best sword forum ;) I will work hard to improve my knowledge as well as my collection and become a worthy member :) With you guys, that shouldn't be so hard :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present."

[quote=""BladeCollector""]I will second what Val said, and welcome to the forums. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We have a knowledgeable group that are usually for the most part very friendly :) [/quote]
And even when we butt heads it's generally the Viggo type :D

Welcome EagleFriend!
Always nice to have new sharp pointy thing lovers on board :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Indeed this is one of the few places where you will find a large group of people who find it perfectly acceptable to starve for a week in order to afford a sword that you payed more for than your car. :coolsmile
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Welcome to the forum!

So... are you an actual eagle or is it just a nickname?
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Labor day? Good for you! We celebrate first may...
What are 4 swords compared to your big collection? :) You'll get those easy!
Fingolfin, go to school, be good, don't do drugs! :P

[quote=""EagleFriend""]
Fingolfin, go to school, be good, don't do drugs! :P [/quote]

Yes kids, drugs are bad. If you have any drugs, don't feel ashamed, just do the right thing and give them all to ME and be rid of guilt. :evil:

LOL, I have University and work tomorrow as well.

Eagle, my collection is surpisingly filled with many small things that I somehow got for extremely cheap lol, so those four swords are a HUGE deal for me. Of course, they are so huge because I am trying to get Museum Glamdring and Limited Anduril. And I have the chance because poor Flame of the West is selling them and I am trying to work it out maybe ?!?! to take out a student loan for them?!?! lol

[quote=""Fingolfin""]Yes kids, drugs are bad. If you have any drugs, don't feel ashamed, just do the right thing and give them all to ME and be rid of guilt. :evil: [/quote]

I'll take the acid.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Well, hollywood always gets dragons wrong, perhaps some acid will show me some real dragons =D

[quote=""Valkrist""](...) either Serbian or Croatian (they should be fairly similar.) ;) [/quote]

It`s all the same sranje. :)

EDIT: And I think it should be: Поздрав и добродошао!

Correct me if I`m wrong.
Last edited by ed209 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

[quote=""RevAnakin""]I have no idea, I just used google translate! lol[/quote]

Hah, you'll get some real funny results when translating sentences using google translate... =P

[quote=""ed209""]Dobrodoshao, Orlovichu.[/quote]
(Dobrodošao Orloviću = Добродошао Орловић&#1091 ;) Muchas gracias amigo!
orao/oрао means eagle, orlov/орлов means of eagle (von eagle) and ić/ић is the most common ending of Serbian last names. It's a deminutive form and all together Orlović/Орловић means the son/daughter of the one that is of eagle (literally, a little the one of eagle)

Val, you're right! As Ed said it's all the same sranje=срање (sheat) :)
Serbian=Montenegrin=Bosnian=Croatian! There are maybe 50 to 100 words that are little bit different plus Slovenian and Macedonian, although much more different,are quite understandable to serb/mon/bos/cro speakers and vice versa. The only big difference is that Croatian uses only the Latin alphabet while the rest use both Cyrillic and Latin alphabet. (Slovenian only Latin alph. and Macedonian only Cyrillic alph.)
Also there was a war...all wanted their own independent states, and now all want to have different languages and differ from each other as much as possible... It's the "inferiority complex" of small nations because all these nations (Serbs, Montenegrin, Bosnian, Croatians, Slovenians and Macedonians) have all together less population than the city of New York :crazy2:

I bored you enough with this? Sorry but you asked for it! :evil:

P.S. Thank you for using Serbian and come again! :crazy:
Last edited by EagleFriend on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

[quote=""RevAnakin""]Once I typed in something about "giving a speech" and it came out with "eating in front of the senate".[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh: Good stuff!

Ah, so many languages! I'm struggling just to keep up in German class!

[quote=""RevAnakin""]My wife is getting her BA in English now and going back for a second in German, she loves it![/quote]
Dude you're married?!!! Or is it a slang for girlfriend?

#1 rule is just be yourself. I find so many relationships fail because the people were never honest with each other at the beginning and their "guard" slips later and that's when people "change." If you are honest with yourself and with whoever you are with, as long as their is acceptance, it usually works out. Of course, in the relationship, communication is key but that's for another thread :) You'll find someone!

[quote=""RevAnakin""]#1 rule is just be yourself. I find so many relationships fail because the people were never honest with each other at the beginning and their "guard" slips later and that's when people "change." If you are honest with yourself and with whoever you are with, as long as their is acceptance, it usually works out. Of course, in the relationship, communication is key but that's for another thread :) You'll find someone![/quote]

amen - "that which is not real does not exist" - there is only the truth
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”