New Member Introduction

To whom it may concern...or is bored enough to read this.

I'm a new member here: I've been a LotR fan since I could read (The Hobbit was the first book I ever read by myself), and received a knock off sword from a friend when the movies were being released. Since then I have picked up the official United Cutlery replicas as I could but had to sell most as I was finishing college. (I still have dreams/nightmares about my lost Shards of Narsil...(sad face)). Anyways, my collection has received a new breath recently and after looking around I found much and more useful information on this forum's posts so I decided to join. I look forward to hopefully being some part (large or small) of this community in the future.

Re: New Member Introduction

Welcome to the forums! It is always good to have new, fresh people here. I have a really good feeling that your Shards of Narsil will quickly find its way back to you, I'll PM you about that.

Great start on the collection thus far, you already have Glamdring (which is next on my list) so awesome job!

Thanks! The Shards are definitely a piece I want to get, but I have been playing with the idea of making my own from an old Narsil. I recall seeing a post where someone did that and despite all the required work, I believe that it is within my capabilities...it just comes down to whether or not I have the time.

If it lets you post, it's not too short.

Welcome to the forums, Rosie. Do you mind if I call you Rosie? No, probably not. I'll stick with Rosere for now. Now I'll seize this opportunity to type the legendary words no one else has the wit to recall...

"Welcome to this lands!" :thumbs_up
-_-

[quote=""ed209""]
In a match between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, who would you cheer for?
[/quote]
I would cheer for Djoković :P

Rosere! I'm also quite new to this famous forum :thumbs_up and as Darlak puts it not worthy member yet :) but never the less I welcome you with open heart! :thumbs_up
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present."

[quote=""Jash""]Welcome! I hope you enjoy these forums as much as we do!
Out of curiosity - who custom made your katana??[/quote]

I had it made several years back, and when I tried to contact them recently I got no reply. All I have is an old email address from my paypal purchase that won't reply...sorry.

[quote=""ed209""]Welcome, RosereIII. :)

My name is Edwin Kerstner, and I'm from Spain. :coolsmile

In a match between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, who would you cheer for?

Be careful! Only the answer that I'm hoping for will allow you to stay in the forums. :)

All the best!

:cheers: [/quote]

As with most sports that I watch, as long as it was entertaining and a good match, I am usually just happy to see the the player who played the best win.

However, your question would require me to watch Tenis, which is only slightly less boring than Baseball and just a step above Golf and Knitting. Just kidding...kinda.

Hi all,

My name is Karl, i'm 30 and live in Scotland. i've always loved LOTR and have decided to finally get a 2nd age High Elven Warrior costume together. I don't currenty own any UC LOTR items. I'm only really gonna need 3 and i just found out that you can't buy UC1373 in the UK anymore )o: I know this isn't the WTB or For sale area but if anyone has any ideas on UC1373 drop me a line (o: I hope to post some pics once i get started.

Karl..

Hello Spacemarine (Karl,) and welcome. :)

You should get in touch with our resident e xp ert on buying LOTR items in the UK, Elvenguard13. I'm sure he can give you a few pointers on whether it is somehow possible to obtain a curved sword over there.
Last edited by Valkrist on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This Space for Rent

Welcome Karl.
That law is just pathetic. Hope you make out alright. :)
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""spacemarine""]Hi all,

My name is Karl, i'm 30 and live in Scotland. i've always loved LOTR and have decided to finally get a 2nd age High Elven Warrior costume together. I don't currenty own any UC LOTR items. I'm only really gonna need 3 and i just found out that you can't buy UC1373 in the UK anymore )o: I know this isn't the WTB or For sale area but if anyone has any ideas on UC1373 drop me a line (o: I hope to post some pics once i get started.

Karl..[/quote]

Hi Karl and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to say that it is very very hard to get hold of any stainless steel curved blade in the UK. Your best bet is to constantly check ebay and amazon for the item. However check they are a UK seller and that the item is in the UK at the time of ordering, if you try to import it I believe you will receive a letter from the UK customs informing you that the item has been seized. The letter may also ask for proof about any possible exemptions from this law, these are some of them:

Martial Artist
Re-enactor
working for a museum/gallery
working for a film/TV production

If you dont fall into any of these then the item will be destroyed and you could face prosecution.

The high elven warrior sword and Hadhafang are replicas I am also after and I have had 2 chances of getting hold of Hadhafang but had to let it go due to lack of trust in the seller or money problems. If I ever find anything on the high elven warrior sword I'll let you know straight away.

Like I say keep checking ebay and amazon, but remember they must be UK sellers.

I've emailed a few times about this law and customs have told me that the law won't be scrapped and no further changes to it will be made :(

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope you manage to find one though :thumbs_up
Last edited by Lindir on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

[quote=""Elvenguard13""]Hi Karl and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to say that it is very very hard to get hold of any stainless steel curved blade in the UK. Your best bet is to constantly check ebay and amazon for the item. However check they are a UK seller and that the item is in the UK at the time of ordering, if you try to import it I believe you will receive a letter from the UK customs informing you that the item has been seized. The letter may also ask for proof about any possible exemptions from this law, these are some of them:

Martial Artist
Re-enactor
working for a museum/gallery
working for a film/TV production

If you dont fall into any of these then the item will be destroyed and you could face prosecution.

The high elven warrior sword and Hadhafang are replicas I am also after and I have had 2 chances of getting hold of Hadhafang but had to let it go due to lack of trust in the seller or money problems. If I ever find anything on the high elven warrior sword I'll let you know straight away.

Like I say keep checking ebay and amazon, but remember they must be UK sellers.

I've emailed a few times about this law and customs have told me that the law won't be scrapped and no further changes to it will be made :(

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope you manage to find one though :thumbs_up [/quote]

Do you know if this law applies to Scotland also ? All the material i have found about curved blades over 50cm only mention England, Northern Ireland and Wales !

[quote=""Valkrist""]Hey, sometimes the straws come through for you. :thumbs_up [/quote]
Let's hope so. EG can make some Ebay or Amazon deals with Karl to get what he'd like to have.
Loop holes, may they make our dreams come true :) .
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”