Never trust an elf!

Sorry about that. Old habits die hard. :viking: Just thought I'd introduce myself. I am Tim. I have loved the weapons from Lord of the Rings since I first saw Fellowship, and dreamed of having Legolas' knives. Even dwarves want them. I stopped collecting for awhile, but I'm starting to get back into it again. I love looking through the gallery and seeing your collections!

Re: Never trust an elf!

Thanks guys! Hey Valkrist, what do you think of the Legolas Lothlorien bow? I just got it about a month ago, as it didn't look like they'd be around much longer. I was pretty impressed with it, aside from the cheap fake arrow heads. A real arrow would've been nice.

I really like it and it is an amazing piece to display on the wall, as it really draws the eye. My only slight complaint is that I wish the gold paint on the leaf-pattern looked a little lighter indoors. You really don't get a full sense of how cool this thing is unless you shine light directly on it. As for the arrow heads, yeah... lol... let's not even go there. I'd say they look pretty cool to look at, just don't let anyone touch them. ;)
This Space for Rent

Welcome to UCF Timli. Glad to have you aboard :)

Sooo....do you have your eye on acquiring any of Gimli's axes?
The Bearded Axe is well worth owning, the best of the three Licensed UC Axes of Gimli...at least imo.

And Timli, Keep breathing! That's the key! :D

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Welcome! I'm a fairly new member here as well, but so far everyone here has been great. A lot of great collectors...and collections that will make you want to stay up all night searching for deals so you can catch up with them. The wealth of knowledge that those in this forum have, has no end; and I have found many answers to questions before I even had to ask them.

- Dig as deeply and greedily as you want...through this forum. Just be mindful of the Balrog!

Welcome to the forum Tim.
Old habits do indeed die hard, but my son managed to convince me that dwarves have a sense of humor. :coolsmile
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

we have not had dealings with the Dwarves since the dark days.

Mind your step here, there are many elves who would be quick to put an arrow into you should you try any funny business master Dwarf.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, welcome to the forum! :crazy:
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

And you know what this Dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!

Just kidding. I am actually a charter member of the Dwarven-Elvish Reconciliation Party, or DERP for short. Our new motto is that Dwarves and Elves can coexist peacefully as long as there are no Silmarils involved.

Also, I am definitely looking to get all of Gimli's axes eventually. I have a thing about collecting different sets to display together. Gimli's helm with all 3 axes. The Elven warrior set. The Witchking helm, knife, and sword (+ maybe Eowyn's sword on the side since she killed him) etc. Obviously I am nowhere close to that now, but a dwarf can dream.

Thanks Anakin, but I do already have Gimli's helm. One of my favorite pieces! Now, if only United Cutlery would come out with Gimli's throwing axes. I would totally do a display with Aragorn's knife, Legolas' knives, gimli's throwing axes, and then: Gimli's Battle Axe, Legolas' Lothlorien Bow, and Strider's Ranger Sword or something. Let's hunt some orc!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”