Old member!

Hey folks, I bet you all missed me, like, tremendously.

Sooo, I was left without internet after my, umm, ban. Not proud of that. Anyways, my internet's back now. Or, it's a new one. Doesn't matter.

Oh, and I finally got my own place. It's pretty awesome, aside from being broke all the time. But oh well, money ain't everything. Oh and guess what the landlord said when I moved in? He said "please don't hang up any pictures or the like, I don't want any holes in my walls". Wonderful. I've got 17 swords, for the love of god (or whichever deity you might prefer)

Nonetheless, grown-up life is quite good. Having my own place and all that.

So, well, how's it hangin'? =D
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Re: Old member!

I was wondering where you had vanished to, glad to hear you're back

Shame about the swords, I know its not the best idea but could you perhaps display them on a table or perhaps a rack that will sit on the floor?
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Sell my swords? What blasphemy! =P

Nah I think I'll hold on to them, and just display them where I can. I've already got 2 table stands, so two of them are now on display. Proper display, anyway.

I suppose I'll just have to stuff all the rest of them under my bed or something until I get myself a new place =P
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

[quote=""Darlak""]Sell my swords? What blasphemy!....I suppose I'll just have to stuff all the rest of them under my bed or something until I get myself a new place =P[/quote]

'Zactly what I was going to suggest...about getting a new place, I mean. (Not about stuffing the swords under the bed).
Finances permitting, of course.

Look around for a hexagon or octogon shaped place, Darlak.
Sword collectors can never have too many walls, juneau... :D

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Having a landlord who tells you not to hang anything on the walls is about as close to asking you not to walk on the floors.

Speaking of floors, someone in here posted pics of their collection and had most of their katana's sitting in circular floor display stands. You might want to make some floor stands for your swords so you don't have to keep them boxed up under your bed.

Don't know how big your new place is or what swords you have, but you could make them for groupings of like swords, etc.

Anyway, just a suggestion, welcome back.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""Darlak""]Sell my swords? What blasphemy! =P

Nah I think I'll hold on to them, and just display them where I can. I've already got 2 table stands, so two of them are now on display. Proper display, anyway.

I suppose I'll just have to stuff all the rest of them under my bed or something until I get myself a new place =P[/quote]

Just misunderstood my apology Darlak.
Hope you come up with nice displaystands so you can see your swords like they realy are,what kinda swords do you have anyway ? :thumbs_up

[quote=""Thranduil""]Speaking of floors, someone in here posted pics of their collection and had most of their katana's sitting in circular floor display stands.[/quote]

Hey, Thrandy. I think these are the pictures of the stands you were referring to:

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i39 ... -11012.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i39 ... -11014.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i39 ... -11013.jpg

And another option: http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i39 ... -11017.jpg

I just haven't gotten around to putting them in my gallery. My layout in my rooms has changed so much in the last couple of years. I really do need to replace a bunch of the old pictures.

Oh, and by the way, welcome back Dar! Great to hear from you again.
Last edited by Steel Servant on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
When you get to hell, tell them I sent you! Then apologize on my behalf for the inconvenience!

[quote=""Steel Servant""]Hey, Thrandy. I think these are the pictures of the stands you were referring to:

I just haven't gotten around to putting them in my gallery. My layout in my rooms has changed so much in the last couple of years. I really do need to replace a bunch of the old pictures.

Oh, and by the way, welcome back Dar! Great to hear from you again.[/quote]
YUP! That'd be the ones I was thinking of.
Definitely the answer for displaying swords when walls are a no,no.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”