Not new, but finally accounted for!

Hello friends,

Fair warning: this goes on and on.

I have been following this site ever since I got a UC Anduril as a gift back in 2006. I can still remember that rush now. I've e xp anded my collection a tiny bit over the years because of a little extra money I've had. Although, it could of been just the mere fact that I wanted to add another one to my collection, badly! I've managed to pick up a UC Witchking, as well as the Uruk Hai Scimitar. I'm very impressed with the collections of some of the members have been able to assemble.

I've always used this forum as a base for good information. A lot of people know what they are talking about here. I've only been popping in and out over the years. Hence, the no membership. I've been meaning to do this for a long time actually, so it is well overdue. There's always some good discussion or debate going on. Looking forward to some of it.

The Sword.

The sword has a long and beautiful history. The way different cultures have been able to harness its ability to their advantages. Creating numerous different style's and abilities. I don't think enough can be said, so I wont.

Now I know there is a lot of other stuff on the forum here, but excuse me for going on a little Tolkien rant.

And now, how about that e xp anding collection?

Well, tops on the list would be the UC Ringwraith! Besides the fact that I love it anyway, as people have eluded to... its getting rarer and rarer. The short list of other favorites ( & in no order) would be the High Elven Warrior sword, Glamdring, Sting, Strider's sword, Withking Dagger, Hadhafang, Herugrim, Legolas Daggers, Elven Knife of Strider, etc... so basically you can tell I want them all!

What about those Axes?

I remember the crazy turnaround in price of Gimli's axes. Never would I have e xp ected that to happen. But, we all know we can e xp ect the une xp ected in any situation. I'm obviously going to try to add this to the collection as well.

Pike Dreams?

I remember when they had the idea of making LOTR pikes and spears in the works. The market didn't warrant it, but I think these would have been awesome. Personally, I always loved the way Uruk Hai pike looked with the under blade and the stop point(if that's what you call it) above, but any would do. The elven charge showed this effect i'm talking about.

What about this new movie I hear coming out near Christmas?? The Hobbiwhat??

One of the main reasons I got back into this site was the fact that the Hobbit was finally getting into motion. Since the start of this final year into the movie being released, I have been getting more excited. Can't wait to travel back to Middle Earth, i mean New Zealand... wait Middle Earth. These two were made for each other. The New Zealand scenery was another good reason to love the film even more. Another big part was the TORN website and those forums as well. And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I know this means I will have an entire new collection to try to chase after at some point. I am ready for round two of being amazed with Middle Earth culture and weaponry. Elven culture near maxing. Dwarven culture maxed out! I mean all of it. New hero weapons, new villain weapons all around. I think my wallet hurts just thinking about it.

Questions on priorities.

I've been thinking about the release of this movie and what it will do to prices if anything. Will some become more popular again since they will be from characters that are in the Hobbit. Sting & Glamdring are the most known and the two that first come to mind with me. Will prices for all LOTR increase? Will they be the next to become dare I say rare? Just a topic i have thought about from time to time.

Anyway, I'm new to the forum. I can't think of too much else to rant about. At least for the moment. Props go out for any of you who actually read that whole thing.

Hawk

Re: Not new, but finally accounted for!

Good to see you've dived in Hawk. :)

Based on what you've said, you have a challenge ahead of you in collecting some of these items. Some are already hard to get, but if you consistently keep your eyes out you'll find them. I'd suggest you grab what you can of the ones still available asap.

The Hobbit will determine what pieces get re-released, and also drive up the prices of the already hard to get ones, so be patient. I can't think of any that never get found, but I can think of many times where the price paid turned out to be high & shortly after a better deal turns up.

Every once in a while a member here will find life has changed their course and they liquidate their collection- usually posting first dibs here. That's when your chances of hard to get will be best :thumbs_up

Good luck on your hunt, and again, welcome to the forum.
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Re: Not new, but finally accounted for!

Welcome! Do I get props for skim reading it? Lol Nice to have you though. :thumbs_up

Honestly, the best way to go about it is to just look for bargains on items you want. Don't worry about the prices and market and interest too much, there's always going to be another one out there at some point, only a few limited edition items are really impossible to find. Good luck!
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”