Hello

Hi.
I found this forum while searching to see if the Redford swords were a scam. And enjoyed watching the progress on that subject. The switching of the runes, kit rae input, etc.
I've been a huge fan of Tolkien. And collected some swords and helmets in the early stages of the movie releases.
Then life happened.
Then GRR Martin happened.
And I bought ice from that e xp erience.
And I sort of got back into collecting swords and stuff.
The sword of sam was next.
And I actually bought the Redford glamdring and sting.
So I'm back.
I joined the forum because I've been out of the loop. And I'm not sure on good prices for UC lotr items, or what the rare hard to find items are, and because the Hobbit is coming out so new stuff is appearing.
Well, I've been enjoying getting to know some of you. Though you might not have known it. And I thought it was time I introduced myself.
-jigu
ps. my new quest is to complete a set of helms. What's do gondorian and isildur helms go for? What's a good price?
Thanks again for letting me join.

Re: Hello

Ahoy there! :) Welcome to UCF. Glad to hear you're getting back into the sword realm. It's a nice place to be.

As for helms...loaded question! A rough estimate for a complete helm collection would be something like a small fortune. :P They're not easy to get hands on these days, even when I was getting into it they were fairly rare. The Gondorian Helm doesn't go for quite as much, but it's not easy to find. I wouldn't pay more than $250, unless I was in dire need. But deals can be found when auctions appear. Isildur, however, is another story. Most of us here still need it too! You're gonna have to shell out $400, they hardly ever pop up used and new they're e xp ensive.
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Welcome to the UC forums.
Fingolfin is right about the helms. Isildur's is more than likely the hardest to get a hold of.
Une xp ected sales do pop up though, so keep your eyes pealed.
Good luck hunting :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

[quote=""jigu""].
Well, I've been enjoying getting to know some of you. Though you might not have known it. [/quote]

such a mysterious introduction :P

Welcome to the forum :thumbs_up
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Thanks all for the Welcome. And the info on the helms.
It is good to be back in the sword realm. helm realm. azeroth. no middle earth.
And
Fingolfin is right - good catch phrase / quote?
Elvengaurd13, while stalking the Redford conversation
SOme people talk more than others. You know innocent evesdropping
but yes mysterious
or plain creepy?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”