Hello Again

I just started posting here again after years of absence. The original UC site got me started on swords when browsing the web about LOTR swords so really at it's source I am deeply thankful to this site and it's forefather for giving me those first crucial steps. I saw an image here of an Albion Discerner, gravitated towards Albion and historical swords in general and although I still posted here for a while at the height of the LOTR replica popularity, I got tired of the misinformation about swords that used to be the dominant views here such as blood grooves and heavy swords. So much has changed here now and it is clear that many here have a real appreciation of the role of historical swords in establishing designs for these movie swords we enjoy. I look forward to many discussions about the upcoming Hobbit replicas.

Re: Hello Again

Yes, you are welcome back. I wasn't here when you were, but I found a wealth of info here.
And a lot of fun! :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”