Hi from Norway

Howdy! Just a quick introduction. I'm an old (well not that old) avid Tolkien fan. I first read the LOTR books when I was 13, in the original language. Enjoyed it immensely, so I got hooked for life! I bought my first prop from UC in 2003 which was the Shards of Narsil. After that it became kind of a draught in buying things for myself since my son was born the same year. And of course being married can be hard on the wallet :crazy2:

But now I am a single parent, divorced 2 years, and I decided I would follow my affliction which is Tolkien yet again. So I have started to build a collection of mostly UC items. I get a bit upset with myself when I see how much the price of some items have risen in just the past months to a year, mainly due to re-hype after The Hobbit I think. I should have bought something now and again over the past years, but alas! I'm getting there now anyway!

I am also a fan of Game of Thrones. And this makes me want to decide sometimes on which item I want to get since I do not have unlimited funds. This I hope will get easier when I manage to complete the collection of UC items (that I want) that are already released and OOS. Buuuuuut so many new things pop up so it is really hard to know where to go next. I was going to order the book version of Longclaw last year, but decided it could wait another month. I do regret that now, it was sold out 2 weeks later... :angry:

But that's the way of the game. Now I am having fun on forums (plural: fora?) getting to know fellow collectors and discussing this and that. And of course the good deal that often comes up. And ebay :evil:

Well, glad to be able to participate here. Hopefully I can ad something to the community :thumbs_up

E.

Re: Hi from Norway

Welcome Sirjump glad to have you here.

You fit right in I challenge you to find anyone here that has not passed up an opportunity to get an item to then kick themselves in the *** and later scavenge like a mad man to get the piece he/she wanted.

But that becomes a fun albeit sometimes e xp ensive challenge .

[quote=""Sirjump""]Howdy! Just a quick introduction. I'm an old (well not that old) avid Tolkien fan. I first read the LOTR books when I was 13, in the original language. Enjoyed it immensely, so I got hooked for life! I bought my first prop from UC in 2003 which was the Shards of Narsil. ....I get a bit upset with myself when I see how much the price of some items have risen in just the past months to a year, mainly due to re-hype after The Hobbit I think. I should have bought something now and again over the past years, but alas! I'm getting there now anyway!

... Now I am having fun on forums (plural: fora?) getting to know fellow collectors and discussing this and that. And of course the good deal that often comes up. And ebay :evil:

Well, glad to be able to participate here. Hopefully I can ad something to the community :thumbs_up

E.[/quote]

Love the avatar, Sirjump!

And welcome indeed to the "fora"....(ooooo --- another Latinist perchance?---yes, plural, 2nd declension, neuter.)

You'll fit right in. ;)

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

[quote=""polyphemus""]Oh dear, the Latin nerds are here! Agricola, agricolae, agricolarum :thumbs_up [/quote]

You forgot "Omnia Gallia in tres partes divisa est". :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Need I say a thing?
How about a pun?
You're welcome! :crazy:
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Return to “Introduce Yourself”