Im new, very new!

Hello, my name is Jason.

So, I have always been a pocket knife collector but about two weeks ago I saw the LOTR Sting sword in a knife magazine and had to have it. After doing some research I decided I did not want the SS replicas. I wanted the MC edition. I got it off Amazon last week and also a scabbard (from the Hobbit). I am thinking about getting the LOTR scabbard to match it better.

Also I purchased my MC Sting with out its display box or COA to save money. Instead, I will be building my own display box to similarly match the stock one.

Oh and my MC Sting looks amazing!!!

Thanks,
Jason B.

Re: In new, very new!

Welcome Jason.
After seeing the close up shots that Legion posted of his MC Sting, I think you started out with the perfect piece, congrats.

Hope you jump right in, there's a lot happening in here. Great bunch of people :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Thanks guys!

So, I couldn't find the LOTR Sting scabbard for a decent price so I bought on ebay that came with the LOTR Sting UC1264. My plan was to keep the LOTR scabbard and then sell the LOTR Sting with the Hobbit Scabbard. But they just look so good next to each other. The feel of the MC is far superior especially the balance. I do wish the handles were a little less oval, but it works. The handle on the MC also looks so much better, the wood on the LOTR almost looks fake since it has a clear coat on it to protect the silver painted design.

As far as the display case. It is on hold till after Charismas. I am hoping to get a few router bits that will make things easier and cleaner looking. I already have the lock and hinges and also scoped out what wood and plexy I will be using.

Also I posted a lot of pictures! Take a look it my albums that are linked in my profile.

[quote=""Rocketace""]Thanks guys!

So, I couldn't find the LOTR Sting scabbard for a decent price so I bought on ebay that came with the LOTR Sting UC1264. My plan was to keep the LOTR scabbard and then sell the LOTR Sting with the Hobbit Scabbard. But they just look so good next to each other. The feel of the MC is far superior especially the balance. I do wish the handles were a little less oval, but it works. The handle on the MC also looks so much better, the wood on the LOTR almost looks fake since it has a clear coat on it to protect the silver painted design.

As far as the display case. It is on hold till after Charismas. I am hoping to get a few router bits that will make things easier and cleaner looking. I already have the lock and hinges and also scoped out what wood and plexy I will be using.

Also I posted a lot of pictures! Take a look it my albums that are linked in my profile.[/quote]
Hi were can i see those pictures like you say ?
Can you put them in this thread * Members' Collections * thanks. :thumbs_up

[quote=""Rocketace""]Just click on view my profile and the albums are there. I have 20+ pictures I uploaded, so I don't want to stick all of them in a thread, but Ill pick a few of the good ones and start a thread in the Members' Collections section.[/quote]
I just saw your photo's that Sting MC that's from Redfordfilms right ?
I see it on the styrofoam cause i had it a year or so ago.
The other picture is that for a display case your gonna make it yourself for that Sting ?

I bought it off Amazon through the seller was ToyWars.

If your talking about the hinges and lock set, they sure are! I wanted to go with a set of hidden hinges but they were a lot more e xp ensive and I could only find them in polished brass when I wanted a more rustic/antique look.

Well, it wont be 'exactly' like the original. I am using two larger hinges instead of three smaller, and I have not found where to get any corner protectors like the originals. I have found some that are just plane polished brass but that's it. Also I don't know what I am going to do for a background yet.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”