Hi there

Hi everyone. Long-time lurker, but finally decided to join in a more official capacity. I'm a big fan of the UC LOTR line of reproductions, though I don't have a huge collection. I've got the items that are most important to me. I guess that's really about it for now.

Here's my UC collection:
UC1299 Ranger Sword
UC1366 Ranger Sword Scabbard
UC1371 Elven Knife of Strider
UC1380 Anduril
UC1298 Hadhafang
UC1372 Fighting Knives of Legolas
UC1381 Fighting Knives of Legolas Scabbards
UC2928 Orcrist
UC2952 Sword of Kili

Re: Hi there

Welcome Dalton, you've got a good selection so far. If you decide to e xp and it, you'll find plenty of people here to help you along the way. Always nice to see a guest make the move to member!
"So many vows...they make you swear and swear. Defend the king. Obey the king. Keep his secrets. Do his bidding. Your life for his. But obey your father. Love your sister. Protect the innocent. Defend the weak. Respect the gods. Obey the laws.
It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or the other.”

Welcome to the forums, glad you decided to finally join!

Nice collection, no collection is too large or small, as long as you enjoy it and get the items that have meaning. Some of us are "completists", some of us are good guy only, some collect mainly Elvish, etc etc.

The ranger sword is probably one of my favorite sword designs out of all sword designs out there. I love Anduril too, but from a "functional" standpoint, it is too long for me to draw out of the scabbard if I wear to actually wear it, the Ranger sword is more my size.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Welcome! Glad to have another member. Nice swords, some of my favorites! Also, super jealous that you nabbed the Strider Sword Scabbard! So hard to find, it's one of my most desired items. :thumbs_up
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Welcome! I'm relatively new here also. Mostly official member lurker :) because even though when you become a member you get access to posting, it is hard to say something smart or relevant that wasn't already been posted by some of these fine ladies and gents :) Great place for learning and sharing :thumbs_up As for your collection, it's not about the quantity but about quality ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present."

Welcome to the UCF Dalton.
While LOTR collecting tends to be our greatest passion around here, we actually do discuss other things :D
I see you're in New Hampshire. I lived there years ago, love the terrain! :thumbs_up
"and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts- to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut stones, to work in wood, and engage in all kinds of craftsmanship"

Dalton, welcome! :) Really glad to have you here. As others have said, no collection is too small, and I'd say yours is already impressive. I'm pretty new to the forums myself, I started a few years back with Glamdring and was hooked. Things quickly steamrolled into more. ;) I think you'll find some of the loveliest folks on the internet here, enjoy!

Howdy do, Dalton, and welcome aboard.... :)

And concerning how extensive your collection is or isn't, never forget that ancient Chinese saying:

"Every sword collection starts with a single sword."
(or something like that :D )

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

I love it when a new member introduces themselves, makes me happy to see that the forum is still growing!

Welcome, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions in the coming months :thumbs_up

Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho i 'ruith!

Welcome Dalton ,
Glad to have another northeaster among us :thumbs_up My collection started with Legolas Knives because of the detail in the Elven weapons , the rest is history :)
I believe most of us started as lurkers here , i know I am guilty , took me years to finally join and very happy I have , i will reiterate what has already been said , some of the best people here and lots of great information :thumbs_up

You are among friends ! ! !

Well thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm really happy with the items I currently have, but always clamour to add more.

To answer one of the earlier questions about my Sword of Kili - it too had the "bent blade" issue as I've heard and read about. However, I've recently received word from UC that the production issue was resolved and I am exchanging mine for a new copy this week.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”