Hello Old Friends!

Hey all!

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been away for just over 3 years. Funny thing, I saw that my last post was May of 2012. Just so happens we had our first kid in June 2012... So I've been busy.

Anyhoo. I started collecting in 2003, and had to sell my UC LOTR collection to help pay for a shiny ring that is my wife's precious a few years after. Around 2010 I started collecting again and had most of what I sold back by the time I stopped posting in 2012.

Which brings me to this past weekend. My collection has never been on display. I have toted these swords around, boxed, for years... across 4 houses in two states... and FINALLY I have a place for them. I hung most of them up last weekend. I will work to get pictures posted this weekend.

Mostly I just wanted to say hello again to everyone and say that I've completely missed out on the past 3+ years so I have some catching up to do. I'm ashamed to say I have yet to see Battle of the Five Armies... Kids are a lot of work! I'm excited to be back and catch up!

-DotS

Re: Hello Old Friends!

Valkrist wrote:Draven, very nice to see you again, it's been far too long. Hopefully you can pop in a little more often. :thumbs_up
Thanks! It has been too long. I definitely plan on hanging around! I missed out on all of the Hobbit swords. Currently in the process of building a new wish list. Also trying to read through all of Kit's updates. Still need to track down Boromir's sword as well! I have so much to catch up on...

Fingolfin wrote:Very glad to see you, Draven, and happy to hear that you're quite busy with a happy family! :cheers:
Yeah it has been a wild ride. Finally getting to the point of being able to have a little free time. Now that I have the collection hung up, I have the 'fever'. It's easy to forget how awesome this collection is when they're hiding in boxes.

In your absence, UC released a second run of Boromir swords. I picked up one and got a good one but they suffered from the fact that some had a crooked pommel attached to the handle. If you've got the cash, try to find an original; but there are new ones available for a good price now. :coolsmile

Having lived away from my collection on and off for two years, I can sympathize. When it's out of sight, it's out of mind; then you get back to it and remember how much you value all those silly swords on your wall. :viking:
"Remember, the force will be with you, always."

Fingolfin wrote:In your absence, UC released a second run of Boromir swords. I picked up one and got a good one but they suffered from the fact that some had a crooked pommel attached to the handle. If you've got the cash, try to find an original; but there are new ones available for a good price now. :coolsmile

Having lived away from my collection on and off for two years, I can sympathize. When it's out of sight, it's out of mind; then you get back to it and remember how much you value all those silly swords on your wall. :viking:
I'm assuming the second Boromir sword has the same model number (UC1400)? I see a few on ebay right now for around $200 but I'll keep an eye out for a better deal. Thanks for the info!

And yes. It''s so nice walking by and seeing them now. Gives me a strange sense of accomplishment and pride.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”