Hi from Mallorca!!

Hi to everybody... (again) :lol:
It seems that there was a problem with my user in the database of the forum, and my account disappeared. But I'm here again ... :horseback

I will submit for those who do not know me:

I live in Palma de Mallorca (Spain) and a long time ago that I collect LOTR merchandising. Despite having some resins, my inclination is steel.
The blame for everything was my girlfriend, now my wife, who for one of my birthday gave me Frodo's sword, Sting. From there the things got complicated, and currently have 35 weapons, mostly from UC and a couple of Weta.

Also I have some more exclusive things, like a pair of vinyl records with the voice of Tolkien recorded in 1950 or the original screenplay by Eliah Wood in The Fellowship of the Ring with the numbers of scenes and some slick tipex ...

I also make some replicas, like the shield of Eowyn (1:1 screen accurate), the shield of Faramir and some wallplates.

I am currently working on two projects: one of them is the sign of the Prancing Pony, and the most ambitious, it is the shield of Boromir.

Soon I will present all this ...

Well, we read here!
Regards... :big_wave:

Re: Hi from Mallorca!!

Hyaaa my good friend Buffalo Bill welcome (again)on board buddy,I'm happy to see you here again and ver curious of what you are gone show us what collection you have and some work in progress from the beautiful things you make.

35 weapons you say ??? Which ones are they from Weta ?

Wishing you a very pleasant stay and enjoy the forum like we all do.

Greetings from belgium.

Dark Shadow (Johnny). :cheers:

Many thanks, mate! :big_wave:
I'm glad to stay here again...

Now thinking in my weapons, really have 37 wich only one is from Weta: the Thandruil staff. And the Legolas Mirkwood functional bow from Acaccia Giuseppe.

All the remains is from UC...

I will post soon some pictures! :viking:

Many thanks for your kinds words, my friend!
Regards!

Buffalo Bill wrote:Hi to everybody... (again) :lol:
It seems that there was a problem with my user in the database of the forum, and my account disappeared. But I'm here again ... :horseback ....
I also make some replicas, like the shield of Eowyn (1:1 screen accurate), the shield of Faramir and some wallplates.

I am currently working on two projects: one of them is the sign of the Prancing Pony, and the most ambitious, it is the shield of Boromir.

Soon I will present all this ...

Well, we read here!
Regards... :big_wave:
Howdy cowboy ..... (I'm allowed to say that because I live in Arizona where we have still have not a few Buffalo Bill type persons)
Glad you found your way back to the forums (wandering lost on the Great Plains, were you?)

Verrrrrry interested in how you are making Bo's shield.
So my all consuming question about it is: if you are making it from wood how are you making a circular dished shape?

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Valkrist wrote:Super curious about this Faramir shield. When did he wield one?!? Was it during the charge on Osgiliath? Had to have been slung on the horse because I only recall him holding the sword during the ride.
First Welcome Bill! I look forward to seeing your new collection room finished as it looks like you have put a ton of work into it.

2nd - Here is the Weta shield poster that shows Faramir's shield (left of Gil-Galds), but I believe he never had it in the movie, just like Merry never carried his either.

Ok, now I'm confused. The shield you are pointing to looks exactly like Denethor's shield (which was not seen in the movies either,) or at least the photos of that shield that I have seen previously referred to it as Denethor's, and even had his sword with it, which is quite distinctive and would not be mistaken for Faramir's sword.

Now, the one key detail is that Denethor's shield has a purple background, and this one looks greenish blue. Is it actually a different shield, or was the colour correction off in one of the photos?

Kit? Bill? :huh:

Edit: I'm posting from my phone so zooming the image in really degrades the resolution but I could swear it says Denethor under that shield.
This Space for Rent

Valkrist wrote:Ok, now I'm confused. The shield you are pointing to looks exactly like Denethor's shield (which was not seen in the movies either,) or at least the photos of that shield that I have seen previously referred to it as Denethor's, and even had his sword with it, which is quite distinctive and would not be mistaken for Faramir's sword.

Now, the one key detail is that Denethor's shield has a purple background, and this one looks greenish blue. Is it actually a different shield, or was the colour correction off in one of the photos?

Kit? Bill? :huh:

Edit: I'm posting from my phone so zooming the image in really degrades the resolution but I could swear it says Denethor under that shield.
Val, if you are referring to the pic above, it says "Faramir's Shield"

Many thanks, buddies!

Valkrist, don't worry about. :thumbs_up

Deimos, very welcome!. Next I will post the Boromir's shield project.
Yes, It will made of wood, and this is killing me. I designed a special lathe to allow make the circular dished shape. Now I'm in process to construction. I spent much money in a custom special axis designed by me that a turner has to make, and yesterday I bought a electric engine. Hope I can get all at the end of this week, and maybe start with the first test next week. I worked in this system many time, and spent some quantity of funds. Only hope all work well... :'(

Idril Hey! Nice to see you here!
Faramir's shied is about 102 x 51 cm. Shipping charges to Australia would be aroun 90 EUROS WITHOUT insurance. Fully insured agaist theft or lost will be around 115 EUROS. Think this is only the shipping... Maybe would be some less, but is aproximate... :thumbs_up

Valkrist, as N2Darkness said (many thanks, mate! :big_wave: ) really Faramir never use in the movie. This was a project that a guy from Texas commisioned some time ago. He showme the Weta shield poster pointed and ask if I coul'd make the shield, or some similar. After that, I made 2 shield more for two guys in Spain.

About Faramir vs Denethor shields... I think they are two differents shield, one of each color, based in the same design.

Here is that I made... I offer in two style: aged and new. This is the first I made...

Will make a dedicated post soon...

Many thanks to all! :cheering:

Deimos wrote:Val, if you are referring to the pic above, it says "Faramir's Shield"
I don't see it any better on my computer, but I'll take your word for it. :thumbs_up

Just find it odd that the son that Denethor disliked had a shield identical to his father's, when the favoured son, Boromir, had one that was completely different. Oh well.

Bill, not worried about it at all! Just wanted to sort out the mystery for myself. I'd never heard of a Faramir shield so I wanted to know what it looked like. Amazing work, by the way... if only I had the wall space for any more shields. :(
This Space for Rent

Dark Shadow wrote:If I had the option of choose the shields I wanted this would be my top 4 BB:

Faramir Shield,
Boromir Shield,
Gil Galad Shield,
And that round Shield just above Faramir Shield. :cheers:

That would be Merry's Shield.

Damnation and other unprintable words, :angry: I so much wish that the barrows weapons, the Daggers of Westernesse, had been made.
It would be beyond cool to have that shield and the dagger that Merry wielded with which he stabbed the Morgul Lord in the back of the leg.

So I guess I'll just settle for the shield.

Edit: And also Thrandy could make Merry's helm ...omg with all three of those things I would be in LOTR collector's heaven. :inlove:
Last edited by Deimos on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valkrist wrote:
Deimos wrote:Val, if you are referring to the pic above, it says "Faramir's Shield"
I don't see it any better on my computer, but I'll take your word for it. :thumbs_up

Just find it odd that the son that Denethor disliked had a shield identical to his father's, when the favoured son, Boromir, had one that was completely different. Oh well.

Bill, not worried about it at all! Just wanted to sort out the mystery for myself. I'd never heard of a Faramir shield so I wanted to know what it looked like. Amazing work, by the way... if only I had the wall space for any more shields. :(
Wel, duh, Val!, I guess everyone but you knows how that happened :rolleye:

When the brothers were fighting in the battle where they retake Osgiliath , Faramir loses his shield (an orc mace shatters it), so big brother heroically offers him his own shield , i.e. the one just like his father's, heroically exposing himself to mortal danger.
After their victory he , Boromir, has a new one made, the round one.

(And if anyone is thinking I'm going to be writing fanfic in my retirement [cue vomiting smiley] there is no circle in hell low enough for you :club: .)

Valkrist wrote:DS, I think you somehow missed the fact that Deimos' explanation is not real.

Sarcasm - look it up, she's a master at it. :crazy2:
HAHA, thank you , Val, you are too kind.
But I think DS got it right...he just misspelled a word: "You are a true jackass[et] here on board" :laugh:

Deimos wrote:
Valkrist wrote:DS, I think you somehow missed the fact that Deimos' explanation is not real.

Sarcasm - look it up, she's a master at it. :crazy2:
HAHA, thank you , Val, you are too kind.
But I think DS got it right...he just misspelled a word: "You are a true jackass[et] here on board" :laugh:[/ :lol: :lol: :lol:viking:

I am to good for this world.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”