Greetings from the Canary Islands.

Hi everyone.

I am Xerach Cruz from the Canary Islands (Spain). I am a true fan of Middle Earth since the first moment I read Tolkien in the 90s when I was young (one of those freaky who has read the Silmarillion many times), but I have only been a collector for less than two years. Before only collecting books and the movies, but now I also collect replicas.

My collection is growing fast and for now I have 21 replicas from UC (plus 3 pre-ordered and 2 staffs on the way), and two little things from NC.

I appreciate your valuable knowledge about collecting, I will learn from it, and I will try to contribute as much as I can.

Thank you all and sorry if I don't express myself well, English is not my native language.
Last edited by XerachCruz on Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Greetings from the Canary Islands.

XerachCruz wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:41 am Hi everyone.

I am Xerach Cruz from the Canary Islands (Spain). I am a true fan of Middle Earth since the first moment I read Tolkien in the 90s when I was young (one of those geeks who has read the Silmarillion many times), but I have only been a collector for less than two years. Before only collecting books and the movies, but now I also collect replicas.

My collection is growing fast and for now I have 21 replicas from UC (plus 3 pre-ordered and 2 staffs on the way), and two little things from NC.

I appreciate your valuable knowledge about collecting, I will learn from it, and I will try to contribute as much as I can.

Thank you all and sorry if I don't express myself well, English is not my native language.
Welcome to the UC forums, Xerach. I'm sure you will fit right in.
We have collectors of all things Tolkien: Books, Movies, Prints, Music, Statues, Artifacts, and, of course, weapons and armour.
If it is from Middle Earth someone (or two) here will collect it.
And your English is just fine.... (if only native born US citizens could write/speak it as well as you. :rolleye:)

"Eternity is an awful long time, especially towards the end."

"What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
It also depends on what sort of person you are.” -- CSL

Hola, amigo!

Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy being here and hanging out with the rest of us. I can only imagine what it must cost to get non-essential goods like movie collectibles to a remote place like the Canary Islands. Nothing says "serious collector" more than being in those kind of circumstances and still having a collection as large yours is. :crazy:
This Space for Rent

Thank you very much Valkrist and Buckeye. :)
Valkrist wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:20 am Hola, amigo!

Welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy being here and hanging out with the rest of us. I can only imagine what it must cost to get non-essential goods like movie collectibles to a remote place like the Canary Islands. Nothing says "serious collector" more than being in those kind of circumstances and still having a collection as large yours is. :crazy:
Yes, it is difficult and more expensive. If it weren't for online shopping I would only have literally 4 swords (Anduril, LOTR Sting, Glamdring and Morgul Blade).

I started collecting because the stars aligned and for a strange reason, a shopping center here they brought those 4 swords (one unit of each). I bought them all one by one and then I asked and waited for months to see if they brought any more, but they never brought a single sword again, so I started shopping online.

Most of the online sword stores in my own country do not send to the Canary Islands, luckily I have found 3 stores that do send and there I have bought everything else.

The problem is that we have different taxes here than the rest of the country and unfortunately the online stores do not usually manage it well. Two of the three stores where I can buy charge me me the 21% IVA tax which the canaries should be exempt, and upon arrival the package, the customs also charges the taxes form here (8% + administration fees). So we pay double tax and at the end, everything is much more expensive... and depending on the messaging, if the package is very large (as happened with Milkwood polearm), the messenger charges additional procedures in addition to the tax... And in addition to the time it takes for orders to arrive.

But nonetheless, worth it. I love to see my collection. It's like having a little piece of Middle Earth at home. :D

XerachCruz wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:30 am Thank you very much Deimos. :D

Not so fine, I always need some help from google translator. :P
HAHAHA...nice try Xerach, but I stand by what I said: your English without the help of Google is GOOD.
You used a few idioms, and used them correctly, in your replies; and idioms usually do not come across well with a "machine translation".

StrongWithGod wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:35 pm ¡ Bienvenido! Saludos desde el norte de la península...
Welcome! Greetings from the north of Spain
Buenas compatriota! :D Me alegra ver a alguien más de mi país por aquí, así podremos compartir donde conseguir nuestros coleccionable de la Tierra-Media dentro de nuestras fronteras... y también poder compartir nuestras penas y quejarnos de lo difícil que resulta a veces. :P

Hello compatriot! :D I'm glad to see someone else from my country around here, so we can share where to get our Middle-Earth collectibles within our borders... and also be able to share our sorrows and complain about how difficult it is sometimes. :P

StrongWithGod wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:35 pm ¡ Bienvenido! Saludos desde el norte de la península...
Greetings SwG... I hope you enjoy our sane corner of the collectible world.
(Some people on other collectible forums are *ahem* not so sane.... Yosemite Sam losing it)
We are a small group so getting to know the other members is pretty easy.

Deimos wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:06 pm
Greetings SwG... I hope you enjoy our sane corner of the collectible world.
(Some people on other collectible forums are *ahem* not so sane.... Yosemite Sam losing it)
We are a small group so getting to know the other members is pretty easy.
Thanks a lot! I got a bunch of items from early 2000s when the LOTR movies came out, and still keep all of them...John Howe´s signed Limited Anduril maybe the star of the small collection. I´ll post a few pics!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

StrongWithGod wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:38 pm Thanks a lot! I got a bunch of items from early 2000s when the LOTR movies came out, and still keep all of them...John Howe´s signed Limited Anduril maybe the star of the small collection. I´ll post a few pics!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Que bueno!. Yo tristemente me perdí el lanzamiento original. Aquí en Tenerife en aquel entonces solo había dos tiendas frikis, si no recuerdo mal, y no traían replicas de espadas (ni siquiera figuras de coleccionista grandes), y las grandes superficies aún no vendían nada de eso, por lo que perdí la oportunidad. Hoy en día, aunque hay muchas tiendas frikis en la isla, incluso en mi propio pueblo hay una, sigo sin encontrar ninguna que traigan las replicas de United Cutlery. Suerte que encontré mis primeras replicas en El Corte Ingles y me las descubrió... y bendita compra online para poder seguir ampliando la colección, porque después de comprar las 4 que habían en ECI de Tenerife, no he visto que hayan traído más, ni siquiera las has repuesto.

Estoy deseando ver tu colección. :)

Great!. I sadly missed the original release. Here in Tenerife back then there were only two geek stores, if I remember correctly, and they didn't carry replica swords (not even large collector's figures), and the superstores still didn't sell any of that , so I missed the opportunity. Nowadays, although there are many geek stores on my island, even has one in my own small town, I still can't find one that sells United Cutlery replicas. I was lucky that I found my first replicas in "El Corte Ingles" (a department store from Spain) and this discovered them for me... and blessed buy online! to be able to continue expanding the collection, because after buying the 4 that were in "El Corte Ingles" here, I have not seen that they have brought more, haven't even replenish them.

I am looking forward to seeing your collection. :)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”