Greetings from Indiana!

Hey all! I just found out about this site the other day while looking for info on United Cutlery's LOTR weapons on Replica Prop Forum, and seems this is a great place for my swords and many other collections! In terms of blades I primarily collect LOTR replica weaponry, with an assorted smattering of other fantasy weapons in there as well. I also am a hobbyist prop maker, and have made a fair amount of non-metal prop weapons for cosplays (one day I'll learn blacksmithing and do it for real, when I have the space for a workshop).

I do have two general questions about this place:
- Is this site mainly just for blade collectors, or does it encompass other collections?
- Are there any spaces for buy/sell/trade here? I've been after a few pieces for my collection and haven't had much luck on the normal places (aka. basically just eBay haha).

Re: Greetings from Indiana!

Welcome to the forums DracoAdamantus!
We have a variety of collectors (and non collectors that enjoy conversations here). A lot of us (myself included) are mostly blade collectors (oh wait, thats my name :D ) We also have many collectors of statues (WETA and the like) and various other types of prop replicas. We do allow people to post things for sell, and we have a rather trustworthy membership base (although not too terribly large) but we would be more than happy to point you in the right direction if we know of any leads for items you might be looking for. Every once in a while a member here decides to downgrade their collection and posts it for sale here.

We also have a few members that work on their own prop/weapon making as well and I am sure they would be more than happy to talk shop with you.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

BladeCollector wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:42 am Welcome to the forums DracoAdamantus!
We have a variety of collectors (and non collectors that enjoy conversations here). A lot of us (myself included) are mostly blade collectors (oh wait, thats my name :D ) We also have many collectors of statues (WETA and the like) and various other types of prop replicas. We do allow people to post things for sell, and we have a rather trustworthy membership base (although not too terribly large) but we would be more than happy to point you in the right direction if we know of any leads for items you might be looking for. Every once in a while a member here decides to downgrade their collection and posts it for sale here.

We also have a few members that work on their own prop/weapon making as well and I am sure they would be more than happy to talk shop with you.
What’s the best place to post if I’m looking for something, either people selling or to ask for people to keep me informed of leads? The weapons I mainly collect are LOTR weapons (I collect and make other props of all kind) and there’s a few that have eluded my grasp several times and don’t show up on public markets like eBay super often.

Welcome! :cheers:

To answer your question in the most direct way possible, I'd say you already found it: the Forum Marketplace section is the area of the forum where members typically buy or sell collectibles, or post about things they might be looking for.

One thing I would suggest is to create a thread of your own (like you did for the Shards of Narsil), but instead of one item, just list everything else on your want list. You never know when another member might run across one of those items elsewhere and kindly notify you about it.
This Space for Rent

Return to “Introduce Yourself”