Re: The Soul Reaver From LOK

phantomzer0, you have just gone and found a true ray of hope. I can not believe how much love and hard work has been poured into Frostmourne. I ask everyone to glance at the sheer masterpiece Epic Weapons have created as a testament to their weaponscraft: http://www.epicweapons.com/products/frostmourne.php

Without a doubt in my mind, it is clearly obvious that Epic Weapons possess the skill to forge the Soul Reaver and create it as it was intended. Now all that they need to witness is the passion and interest that makes this weapon so special in so many hearts.

I have sent them an email with our plight and it seems someone has noticed. Right at this moment, Epic Weapons have placed a poll up in their forums, asking which fantasy weapon fans like the most. The Soul Reaver is on that list and ofcourse currently leads.

I implore every last one of you to register with their forums and vote. Spread the word amongst our Legacy of Kain kindred and let us vote my friends. This legendary weapon will see the light of day !

Epic Weapons Soul Reaver Poll

Below is the email I have sent to Epic Weapons. I urge as many people as possible to highlight the importance of the creation to Epic Weapons so that our dream may finally be realised. Forums can live & die, but our passion will never be extinguished!

http://www.epicweapons.com/contact.php / customerservice@epicweapons.com

To whom it may concern,

After seeing the exquisite work your company has showcased with the likes of the officially licensed replica sword of Frostmourne, I thought I would bring to your attention a possible prospect for your team to consider in relation to a sword which has a very high amount of consumer interest.

It is none other than the Soul Reaver from the Legacy of Kain series of videogames. It is a kriss styled sword that; due to heavy demand, was subject to an e xp ression of interest to be posted in the 'Products You'd Like To See' section of the United Cutlery forums online.

In a very small time, this forum thread was joined by posts from many like minded individuals wanting the forging of the Soul Reaver and as a result, it reached the most amount of posts and views in the entire forum. As a testament to demand for this item, the forum topic was recreated a further three times due to technical problems resulting in the content of the United Cutlery forums being wiped. Despite these minor set backs, the creation of a sellable Soul Reaver managed to retain strong interest - again having the most posts and views.

You can find the thread itself here. As of today, the topic itself currently has 68,313 views and 499 posts.

Due to this immense demand, the project got so far as an agreement having been reached between United Cutlery and Eidos Interactive (owners of the game's license). Sketches and working designs had been approved and a prototype model of the sword was in the process of being finalised, but then as you probably know, United Cutlery filed for bankruptcy and that was the end of their involvement with the initiative.

As you can see, the Soul Reaver is quite a complex piece and quality in it's construction as well as attention to detail are paramount, hence my writing to your company. Apart from United Cutlery, there are few who could do this mythical weapon justice and I see Epic Weapons as part of that select few.

I strongly urge you to consider this project. You would make thousands very happy.

Fondest Regards
Last edited by MaximumMayhem on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Max, Thanks for working at this. I sent some emails initially, but had no idea a forum existed. Seriously, thanks for picking up the slack on my end and pushing this forward.

I'm glad they are thinking about making this. Great company, great products. Probably the best we could have hoped for in realizing this sword.

I'm going to keep active on this from now on. Thank again dude, for leading the way on this!

:thumbs_up

i will continue my posts on the official Epic Weapons forum. See you all on the other side!

Return to “Products you'd like to see”