Re: The Soul Reaver From LOK

Unfortunately not. We are not linked to UC and are only a fan run site. People often make that mistake. We just try and provide a place for people to discuss and talk about these things.

The best advice I can offer is to keep checking here or talk to one of your retailers. We usually find out that way as well. I will post something here if I do hear any news at all on this item :)
Valar morghulis

dan_sarafan wrote: So, did UC show some pics of the Reaver? I mean sketches or something similar?

If they exists, please!! Tell me where I can watch them!! I they don't, well, Let's wait a little longer.

By the way, thank you for the information!!!
There have been no pictures released as of yet. The last piece of news we had was that it had been sent back to the manufactorers to correct some problems that they had incountered. If you go back in this thead, you can see the posts that announced that.

I rememeber that when it was announced... a possible date was a year from then... and that was about May or July. So it's quite possible that you will hear some news within the next few months. I don't guarentee that... I'm just hoping for the best :)
Valar morghulis

Knife Monkey wrote:Man it's been forever and an age since I stopped by the forums. New name, new look, nice. Anyway, I was just checking the chatter on the Reaver. I saw this last post and had to drop a line. So sorry to burst the bubble here but we are NOT taking pre-orders on the Reaver. The sword is still being tweaked and worked on. Honestly the manufacturer is being a little slow. I have no idea when we'll be finished with it. But, we're working on it. I wish I had more to tell but that's about all I can say as of now.

Ciao
Thanks for stopping by Adam :) We always appreciate you coming here on your own time to let us know whats happening. I think any news it good news! Fans will know that it's still in the works and that is probably their biggest concern.

Cheers!
Valar morghulis

Did you know the Soul Reaver sword is already made ? Ok this is a low quality replica sold for about 60 bucks...

here's the link :
http://www.kingofswords.com/product_inf ... ts_id/8577
:p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)
my props collection : http://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php ... e=oldtobby

Hey Guys,
oldtobby wrote:Did you know the Soul Reaver sword is already made ? Ok this is a low quality replica sold for about 60 bucks...

here's the link :
http://www.kingofswords.com/product_inf ... ts_id/8577
:p

I have to say that piece a **** has been circumventing itself for quite a while now. I saw that on eBay a year or so ago. Unfortunately, its a cheap and poorly replicated weapon that we know as the Soul Reaver.

I cant say I would do a better job myself, but I did see a fanboy attempting replication with outstanding quality. Cant remember the site, but the images were sublime, wish I could remember where I saw them.

Catch ya later :D

You guys take your time.We all know the wait will be worth it.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadow shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken: The crownless again shall be king.

The guy at IOA probably doesnt know a thing. I mean, he sells counteirfeits and charges over retail for the UC stuff.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadow shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken: The crownless again shall be king.

Hey Guys :)

This artwork I have seen before, this is what I was talking about. Though this guy had a story but im not sure where that is.

This guy is a great fun so much so that he forged his own reaver. I take my hat off to him as it takes skill and patience to design something soo intricate based on images and game models to work with.

I hope you finish it off, and I hope the ancient forgers here at UC get this done to perfection :) . Im sure Janos is already helping with the design as well as one of your own Vorador being kept working all night keeping that midnight oil burning ;) .

Thanks to all at UC for this treasure, cant wait for its inevitable release :D .

Catch you all later :D

Thats an understatment. I hope we hear something about it at E3. Usually it takes 3 years to produce a game. If you carefully look at the gaps between each LoK game, there has only been a 2 year gap excluding BO2.

I hope CD are taking the extra time now to help produce a bad ass next generation LoK 6. I cant wait :thumbs_up . CD should be more focused on other things since TR Legends got through the door.... oddly enough it has a very SR2/Defiance feel to it.

If people havent played LoK games, just play Legend, you'll love it. I played the demo and it was great. The key assignments were dodgy thought and you'll need some hardcore PC juice to get this flowing just right.

For those of you whom missed this post, I suggest you check it out... but here is a sneak peak and a little reminder :)
Knife Monkey wrote:The sword is still being tweaked and worked on. Honestly the manufacturer is being a little slow. I have no idea when we'll be finished with it. But, we're working on it. I wish I had more to tell but that's about all I can say as of now.
So, since that post was made, I'd say that things are probably a little closer and at least you know that its a work in progress. :thumbs_up

As to when its release, only UC knows that, but you can be sure that its coming! :D
Valar morghulis

Although this may be good news to the fans, caution should be used and we should not jump to conclusions. If you follow the thread, you will note that much of the products on there, namely the LoTR products, are not schedueled at all. What this means for the Soul Reaver, who knows.

It may very well be coming out later this year for all we know. What we do know, is that it is coming. In fact, why don't I try and pull some strings for you guys and see what information I can find out about the status of the sword.
Valar morghulis

Yes, UC did file chapter 11. I resigned as UC's product development director several months ago, but I still intended to work with them as needed on future projects, just through my design studio company. A few weeks ago UC laid off the entire PD staff, so it looks like any new projects, like LOK, are dead. They filed chapter 11 last week. There may be a chance they can reorganize and get bought by another company. If that happens some of the current licenses may continue, but it does not look good. When I left UC still had not started the tooling for the LOK sword. We finished our design work almost a year ago, but it never went any where after that.
KRDS

I don't have a forum page, just my kitrae.net website. I just do design, CAD, and product development anyway. I'm not into buying licenses or distributing product. I am doing work with a new company, Epic Weapons, that may look at Legacy and a few other licenses in the future, if thier first game license goes well. We are working on the Frostmourne sword from Warcraft. It should be out sometime next year. If that one goes well, maybe...
KRDS

Return to “Products you'd like to see”