Re: Haldir's sword

If it wasnt for those new pics I would have never signed this petition. Never noticed that this sword is actually quite nice, probly because theres no pics of it in the design galeries in the EE
#14 (I think)Grima
:cheers:
-wormtongue
Last edited by Grima Wormtongue on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Hey king of numenor,

I emailed UC recently asking if they had any plans on Haldir's sword. Here is the reply they gave me:

Yes, actually we are considering the Sword of Haldir and our product development department is working on plans for it. It is probably a year and a half away from availability though, if they do decide to do it.

Best Regards,

Suzy Essex-Joffe'
Customer Service Account Executive
United Cutlery Corporation

I hope they do decide to do it. I really want this sword
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

[quote=""Sedhal""]This thread is over four years old so don't e xp ect him to get your message. :thumbs_up [/quote]

[quote=""Valkrist""]Yep, and he hasn't logged in since Dec.'06. :huh: [/quote]

I wrote that 3 minutes after he posted, previewed the message and decided
not to submit it.

I'm of two minds on the issue, to be honest.

On the one hand, it seems we are being unnecessarily smug or harsh in pointing out someone wasn't paying attention to thread dates and potentially embarrasing them.

Having said that, new members should be aware that this forum has been around for over five years now and that there are a host of dead threads and posters who have long since moved on. Checking the date on the last post of a given thread wouldn't hurt.

At least in this case, and although king of numenor is no longer around to rejoice at the news, Elvenguard13 did post some relevant and exciting information for fans of Haldir's sword. :)
This Space for Rent

Well, in this case, our new friend here has given some relevant news. :)

I've seen on other boards (and probably even on ours...) where a very dead topic is dragged up for a simple "YEAH! I totally want this!" or "I definitely agree." Or the most common "Does anyone know if this is out yet?!"

Thanks for the new info Elvenguard. But I won't hold my breath on this one...A lot of items have been in 'product development' and up for consideration and never came to be...

Sure he did. :cheers:

So did Kit Rae on 11-17-2008:

[quote=""Nasnandos""]The only other confirmed item right now is Isildur's sword, with the strong possibility of Haldir's sword t follow. New Line/Warner was positive about doing Haldir's.[/quote]

Haldir-Guthwine-Faramir is the lineup I need to be at peace, and this might
be step one.

Fingers crossed! :thumbs_up

And who can tell me where this image of Legolas carrying Haldir's Sword (or
another, but identical blade) exactly originates from, will be awarded (and
the award is an exclusive porsh shups dinner in Denmark):

I believe that is from some of the special features/concepts that they abandoned. I think this was supposed to represent Legolas' journey through Fangorn with Gimli at the end of the fellowship.
[quote=""ed209""]Sure he did. :cheers:

So did Kit Rae on 11-17-2008:

Haldir-Guthwine-Faramir is the lineup I need to be at peace, and this might
be step one.

Fingers crossed! :thumbs_up

And who can tell me where this image of Legolas carrying Haldir's Sword (or
another, but identical blade) exactly originates from, will be awarded (and
the award is an exclusive porsh shups dinner in Denmark):

[/quote]

Return to “Products you'd like to see”