Re: Haldir's sword

That picture is of Legolas its on the return of the king extended edition in the ependicies. I cant remember which one its on though... :| But peter jackson is talking about e xp lainging the stories of the different characters after the ring was destroyed. This was some early footage of the after story but they decided not to add in these parts. and i think it is Lorien where he is
"All those moments will be lost, in time... like tears, in the rain..."

Yeah, well it is Orlando, but the quality indeed is horrible. It's a shot that was
cut from the ending (multiple endings) of ROTK; this was supposed to e xp lain
what happened to the rest of the fellowship. There's also a shot of Gimli
examining a jewel of some sort.

The exact location is ROTK EE disc three, documentary "From Book to Script:
Forging the Final Chapter", 00:20:08.

Cool, will have to check that out (ROTK remains the only LOTR dvd that I have yet to watch all the extras for.)

Obviously the shot never went through post-production, so that would e xp lain the low-res quality. I wonder why he is wearing one of those swords though. Also, after the war of the ring, Legolas led a contingent of his folk from Mirkwood to colonize the woods of Ithilien in Gondor, so I don't get why he would be in Lorien, but whatever. He would later sail down the Anduin and leave Middle-earth with Gimli.

It's a real pity they never showed us these scenes as Legolas and Gimli pretty much pulled a Houdini after Aragorn's wedding scene. They got shafted. The Grey Havens scene was waaaay too long, and the hobbits were already overe xp osed, but I digress.
This Space for Rent

He might get the message - the forums actually sent me an Email with Elvenguard's message in it. I must have clicked on a feature somewhere along the way that told the forums to send me a message.

Here's the text of the Email:

Dear Starshadow,

Elvenguard13 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled -
Haldir's sword - in the Products you'd like to see forum of Ultimate Collectors'
Forums.

This thread is located at:
showthread.php?t=2789&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Hey king of numenor,

I emailed UC recently asking if they had any plans on Haldir's sword. Here is
the reply they gave me:

Yes, actually we are considering the Sword of Haldir and our product development
department is working on plans for it. It is probably a year and a half away
from availability though, if they do decide to do it.

Best Regards,

Suzy Essex-Joffe'
Customer Service Account Executive
United Cutlery Corporation

I hope they do decide to do it. I really want this sword

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications
until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Ultimate Collectors' Forums

Return to “Products you'd like to see”