Re: OK...What do we have to do to get something made in the LOTR line????

It is far too late to take an "MC approach only" to this line. Not only have most people here already invested a ton of money on the display collection, the MC line is very costly, and there is no way UC is going to make MC versions of every sword already released, not to mention swords that they wouldn't even consider releasing in the display line, nevermind as an MC, like Guthwine.

I'm sorry, but this is just a lot of wishful thinking.

Please be respectful when your talking about UC.

The LoTR movies have been out for a long time now. They hit their peak and its slowly dying out... in terms of the millions. There are always fans for the LoTR line and their is always the die-hards who will love to get their hands on anything possible. If their sales are doing so hot... they have to step back and think about what to do. Of course there are people out there who want to get Guthwine and all of the weapons possible and they know that. But they need to make money in order to survive... so producing something that only a few people will buy is silly.

I have faith in UC... and while the LoTR line may be coming to its end.. we have to think of how sucessful it was and what they can do to end it.
Valar morghulis

You know, I don't think the LOTR line is dying. Think of this guys: All of the other lines of UC knives/swords are still being made, but there aren't nearly as many millions of people jumping around waiting for those things. The LOTR line will never be as popular as it was a while ago, but now I think its falling into the catergory of a "regular" sized line of swords. Just because there was a mob of people going to get the first ones, doesn't mean there aren't sufficient people to but the new ones, and keep it going for a long time.
I guess my point is, it doesn't have to be huge to keep going. There is always going to be demand for these swords.

That's an interesting way of looking at it Anduril 101. The other United lines do indeed keep going, and there are none that have matched LotR in popularity/sales. While there has been a definite decline, the term "dying out" would suggest that United is going to suddenly just stop making LotR pieces altogther. I don't think this will be the case at all, because if a line needed the sort of sales the LotR line was getting say, when RotK came out, then no line would ever be remotely successful. There are only a handful of people on this forum that own the entire, or a large preponderance of the LotR collection, and while this forum only represents a small percentage of collectors, there are still a host of people, like myself, who will still be collecting pieces in a few years time, because either we're young, or not as financially blessed as others.
So yeah, this line will continue at a steady enough pace. Not sure if that pace will be enough to reward Guthwine with what will now be an une xp ected appearance, but you never know. I too am shocked really that it wasn't ever really considered...

someone said either here or on another thread, that the line itself wont be ending, LOTR swords are going to be around for a long long time, maybe not anything new, but let me finish

Anarion just mentioned the scabbards, while I havent gotten any, I do plan on it (well I do have the Elven knife sheath, but it came with the knife). for instance, its kinda hard to dress up as witchking for halloween or a costume party if you dont have a scabbard for your sword :)

I believe I said this a few months ago, or i thought i said it, was the fact that UC capitalized on LOTR's popularity and flooded the market. there are collectors like me that want every peice (especially blades) but my wallet and savings account cant keep up with the speed at which things were/are released. I will buy the Rohan blades, LFK, ringwraith sword the sheilds and other things and other blades that are left (if the LE's havent sold out by then) but believe me UC, i will buy them just give me a chance to get to them.

Saying that, I also collect/ed the Legends in Steel series, Hibben annuals, Swords of the Ancients, Kit Rae's daggers, and others (like Dragonheart and Excalibur) so i have to think long and hard for each purchase... i even print out pictures and prices and show them to my mom for her advice

Now with that, Kit also mentioned that if an MC shards was made, it would be a "few years" down the line, that to me says the LOTR line will in someway be open in 3 + years. now to me, to heighten popularity, i think, to make people hunger for a new sword is put out what is in development... ok now a year or 2 with NO new products, release something else... then a year later release something else, now we are gonna be in the year 2010 and we are still gonna be foaming at the mouths for that yearly LOTR sword (people still do it for the Hibben annuals 15 years later).

This is the same scenerio as what we talk about in the Trek section... kill the franchise for a few years, and let people REALLY want it, let it take a break and then bring it back.

Thats just what I think.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

maby i mist something here, but why all this talking about uc closeing down the lotr line and selling out making no more new items.it is somehow not that interesting to colleting items from a line that is already done.so i hobe uc will contenue to make items to the lotr line.
i just startet my collection a mounth ago.
so far i got the gimli walking axe.and just got my museum collection sting last week.and as for the museum sting over half of them must be sold right now.
i got the number 1400 of 3000.
now i am waiting for the mc glamdring to come.

a quest to king_elendil_of_gondor i can see that you are weiting for aragorn`s black gate armor,where did you get that i well love to see this armor.

I think you may see one item per collection per year. I agree the popularity of LOTR is dying down, but not the collectors. Granted the Rohan swords are awesome, but not for everyone. I think with smart decisions, UC can carry this line up to and if when they make the Hobbit. I believe we will begin to see each year:
-one helm
-one shield
-one sword (could be a sword, or a mace, or another axe)
-one, maybe two scabbards (until they catch up) Kit said they were going to make a scabbard for each sword.
-at least one more MC (if they sell, they might continue one per year)

This way, I don't think UC would be gambling on product sales, they would have all collectors anxiously awaiting the next yearly edition like they do in many other collectibles.

Return to “Products you'd like to see”