A New LOTR line for UC to make...

If, as stated in other threads here, we think the UC LOTR line is going to slow down, (not stop of course! :bowing: ) then I for one hope that UC starts making some... I don't know how to say it... 'Supporting Props' ???

Granted we all love the swords, and I can't wait to get some helms/shields (Christmas is right around the corner !!! ) I don't think anyone wants them to stop making those, but if they are only going to release say, 1 or 2 a year from now on, then I think they should release 1 additional item each year as like a bonus to us loyal fans!!!!

They can make the runs small, they can do whatever they want, but I want some new blood in this collection. We need the additional items to flesh out the UC line anyways. Just think, in addition to the swords/shields/helms line, we could have an... ... other line. The staffs were a good start, now in addition, the 'other line' could include:

1. Grima's Dagger - There are no small blades really (Sting doesn't count!)... and our friend Grima has been waiting patiently, I think most UC LOTR fans, at least those on here, would buy it to add something different to their collection. Not to mention the simple design of it is just neat. (GRIMA, we need more pics, yours have vanished!)

2. Horn of Gondor - This is my personal favorite. I really, really want this to be made, I don't care how they do it, I just want it done!

3. Aiglos (Aeglos) - We need a spear, and Gil Galahad's is the obvious number one! Then they could do Eomer's.

4. Crowns - I would be happy with Elessar's crown... or even Theoden's! If they can't make his helm, what about his crown???

5. SOMETHING for Eomer - He has always been one of my favorite characters, and he's got nothing in this collection to represent him. Plus, the Rohirrim DID come to Gondor's aid... that's gotta be worth something!

6. Something from the Army/King of the Dead.

I could go on and on... Witchking's Flail ;) , Sauron's Mace :( , etc. And I know UC doesn't want to e xp and their line past, well blades and helms and such... I mean they ARE United CUTLERY... but I just think some of these items would be received very well and I know if they made those first three at least, that would make a lot of folks very happy, including myself. Those top three alone all have petitions I believe on this board and other boards.

Is it too much to ask for at least 1 blade, 1 shield or helm, 2 scabbards, and one other item per year :D ??? Those top three will take us into 2008/9... by then I'm sure we can think of more things for them to make!!!

Oh, and I would also be happy with a Fountain Guard helm… had to throw that in there… lol.

Re: A New LOTR line for UC to make...

I'm not being negative, I'm being practical and realistic: this is wishful thinking at best.

I can point out several problems with this proposal, not the least of which is the fact that UC already elected not to make Elessar's crown because Noble beat them to the punch, that they have confirmed no interest or plans to make Eomer's stuff (despite a ton of threads asking them to,) and that Sauron's mace will never see the light of day, just to mention a few. They know some interest still exists, but things are not selling well enough for them, and this is not likely to improve.

I think hope is a nice sentiment to have, but only when it has some real basis in the realm of probability, and UC has made it plain not only through words but also action, that this just isn't going to happen. They will follow their business plan for the LOTR line regardless of what is posted here or elsewhere, and that my friends, is that.

Strange words, coming from someone who just declared he himself had stopped begging for these things.

Obvioulsy the Fellowship's hope DID have some basis on probability, however small, since Sauron was destroyed in the end, right? Problem is UC has shown a pattern that denotes very little concern for what our hopes are, and their policy is more based on their ability to sustain this line as a lucrative source for them. I would put more stock in what a high profile employee like Kit has to say here, who actually gives of his own personal time to keep us informed of things, than in the words of some magazine that is no doubt filled with marketing fluff and outdated information. I recall seeing pics in the 2004 catalog of Sauron's mace being designed and worked on, and now look at what became of that, so what are you going to believe?

I'm not saying people should give up hope or asking for things, I'm just stating that from my perspective, it isn't going to change things anymore, and that if any e xp ectations are to be fostered in our hearts, they should be kept to a more reasonable level so as to lessen the inevitable disappointment that is sure to follow when such dreams don't come true.

Yeah I agree completely with what some of you are saying about wishful thinking and being realistic...and I realize that there is a very slim chance of some of these items seeing the light of day, but hey, talking about them on here and continuing to show our interest can't hurt, right! But by not talking about them and not continuing to show our interest, then they have no incentive or reassurance at all that they should make them... right?

Return to “Products you'd like to see”