Guthwine

Now, I realize that they've stated many times that this sword was never -officially- planned, and that the outlook of this blade is pretty grim. And I realize that chances are -very- slim that any petition here or anywhere for that matter will alter UC's mind on their decision not to make this sword, but I guess that for my own curiosity I wanted to see how many people REALLY wanted to see this sword made. I for one am a huge fan of Rohan and Herugrim is one of my favorite swords. I would trade Eowyn's Sword for Guthwine in a heartbeat, though. I've pretty much stopped buying swords as of now, since I have all that I want with exception to the EWS and Guthwine. I plan to get the EWS when it gets a bit easier to get, but it would seem that Guthwine will never be released.

Who really wants to see Guthwine released?
Last edited by GuardianWolf on Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Guthwine

The last I heard about it (which has been scattered information), the sword was never really planned, though certain sites had it up as being in the works. Kit Rae (I believe) stated that Guthwine was -not- in the works, and probably wouldn't be due to less than desirably sales of Herugrim and Eowyn's Sword.

But if what you say is true, than a link would be AWESOME.

GuardianWolf, your information is correct.

This is one of the reasons I dislike the BbB site and their advertisement of speculated-upon items as if they were official. It only leads to confusion and disappointment. The information on this sword is clearly outdated (just look at the dates,) and erroneous.

Anyhow, I would love to see Guthwine made, but honestly don't believe it will happen anymore.

Thanks for the confirmation, Valkrist.

To be honest, as much as I like Herugrim, I'd rather have Guthwine. I was under the impression long ago that all three would be released (mostly due to BbB) so I figured Herugrim would satisfy me for now. However, as grim as the future looks, I still hold out some hope that UC will release Guthwine. Maybe in Limited Edition or something due to the lack of demand...but at least something. I know that if it's officially announced, and the site that I typically buy from has it up for Pre-order, I'm going to do everything in my power to be first on that list.

But I guess that's why they call it false hope, eh?

Don't get me wrong, Herugrim is a beautiful sword, and out of my five pieces, it's probably my favorite. The designs on the hilts of the Rohan blades are absolutely beautiful; I'm considering buying Eowyn's simply for that, someday. The most recent purchases have made quite the dent in my bank account, though. I'll have to hold back on big purchases for a while. However, if Guthwine came out, I'd find the money...heh.

Well, the site that I typically buy from has announced that UC seems to be cutting down and perhaps even -stopping- the production of several pieces, including Herugrim, Witchking Sword, Ringwraith Sword, Legolas' Fighting Knives, Strider's Ranger Sword, Glamdring, and even Sting.

Any site representatives here that can comment on that?

To be honest with you, I'd rather -not- see them release a bunch of MC swords. I can understand a few principle blades, but not all.

If UC really wants to please the fanbase and still have a profitable company, I think just releasing all further swords in limited numbers would be best. Perhaps I'm just being naive, but Limited Editions tend to be in higher demand anyways, so even people who don't love the sword as much will purchase it for the 'limited' factor.

But yes...anyone who can shed some light on this supposed 'halting' of production on certain pieces would be greatly appreciated...as well as any agree or disagree on the Limited Edition concept.

I'm not normally one to 'bump' a topic...but I'm really curious if there is any truth to the claim that this sword isn't wanted by LOTR or sword fans?

Is there anyone else that really wants to see this sword made, maybe even above other swords?

Sign me up! I'm already considering buying one of the knock-offs.... But, I'll definitely buy a UC version even if I already have a knock-off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Urambo Tauro on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

GuardianWolf wrote:I'm not normally one to 'bump' a topic...but I'm really curious if there is any truth to the claim that this sword isn't wanted by LOTR or sword fans?

Is there anyone else that really wants to see this sword made, maybe even above other swords?
This thread wasn't bumped, the category was moved into a more specific location.

At this point... from the rumours that are being thrown around from retailers, UC is slowing the production or ceasing entirely, some of the original swords. What this means... it's hard to say. It's quite clear that there isn't as much interest in these swords as there once was. There may come a time when we will see this sword and there may not.

I would like to see the Rohan set complete, but we'll just have to see what happens.
Valar morghulis

UC4LDS106 wrote:Add me to the list!!! I too would like to see the Rohan set complete, as well as the Dwaven axes!!

It's my understanding that the bearded axe (the final axe in the set) has at least some possibility of being released. It was worked on at UC, whereas Guthwine wasn't ever in the planning stages.

Still hoping that changes...

Return to “Products you'd like to see”