Which 2 swords would you like UC to make?

MC Anduril
Total votes: 5 (28%)
Guthwine
Total votes: 10 (56%)
Faramir's
Total votes: 1 (6%)
Denethor's (No votes)
Haldir's
Total votes: 2 (11%)
Total votes: 18

Trying to make a difference...

Greetings fellow LOTR collectors!

I've had a thought about this issue of UC's next product being the sword of Sauron, and seeing how this gives us hope that they may still make other weapons....what if WE could help decide what weapons are then released???

This is my idea:
(i apologize if this has been suggested already, for i did not come across it elsewhere)

I have read in a few threads about the impact this Forum has had on the LOTR UC lineup..and with that in mind, maybe we could also have an impact on the next few weapons to be released? I was thinking, if possible, this forum could start an online poll (open to the public) where we have listed numerous different weapons that we collectors would like to see (all possibilities) and have, say, each person choose 5 different weapons. Then, after about a month, we close the polls and somehow get to show it to UC...thereby encouraging some products to be released (or not) and giving UC a better idea as to what people want (and us being serious collectors, this forum would be a great place to start). If possible, and if you guys think this may work (and even if it does not, a poll would be quite fun, no? lol), we could use this thread for us to list the weapons we would like to see being made (making it easier for our forum masters to have all different suggestions in one place)...

Well....just an idea. I figured, if UC LOTR weapons are slowing down and shall end soon, why not at least TRY to have them come out with weapons that WE want?

As in a movie some of you might have seen,
"Let this be the hour when we draw swords together." :thumbs_up

Regards,
Jash

Re: Trying to make a difference...

Well, to start it off, this is my wishlist:

Swords:
MC Anduril
Guthwine
Farimir's
Denethor (very nice, too bad it didn't get much screen time though)

Helms:
Theodin's
Eomers (coult they be more e xp ensive than the MC line???)
Urak-Hai (with the white hand of course!)
Easterling

Shields:
Urak-Hai
Easterling

Other:
Easterling Pike
Last edited by Jash on Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A noble idea, Jash, if one that I deem to be ultimately futile. I've watched UC begin this line and followed the craze across multiple forums over the past three years, eventually settling here at UCF to watch it die a slow death. Many polls have come and gone, and you probably can't see them now because people gave up long ago due to lack of positive feedback from UC and such threads have been archived for the most part.

However, never let it be said that I bring nothing but negativity to such efforts and enthusiam as yours, and while the flames of my hope remain dim forever more, I still have a wish list of my own that I hold in my heart... so, if UC ever returns to what it once was, here goes one last time:

Aeglos, the Spear of Gil-galad
Theoden's Helm and Shield
Eomer's Helm and Guthwine
Second Age Numenorean Helm
Sword of Haldir of Lorien
Galadhrim Archer Helm
Boromir's Shield
Scbbards for all the released swords
Sauron's Mace (yes... I know... will NEVER happen) :`(

Note: I never cared for the MC line and did not buy either of the two current swords for it. While I would like to see an MC Anduril come out to please all the collectors that have hoped so much for it, I think that should be the next and final MC sword made. Why? Declining interest, high price range, and lots of complaints on the quality, defects, and construction of MC Glamdring alone may have turned off a lot of people on the promise of these MC swords. So on your vote of an MC Guthwine, I would say definitely 'no'. Make it a regular release so that it is not only affordable, but also so that it can be displayed with Herugrim and Eowyn's sword as a complete display set. Just my two cents.

I'm in complete agreement with you on the MC line, Valkrist. It was an interesting concept, but it definitely should be reserved for certain swords. Guthwine ain't one of 'em. That being said, as it's been known on this forum, there is only one product that I -really- want to see made...

And that is Guthwine.

Yes...I'm obsessive. But I love that sword.

This brings back memories of the hectic period we went through a while back, when a ton of stuff was released all at once. Then we speculated what would come next...Too bad it was the end that came :'(

Oh well, I got 10 limited edition pieces during that craze, so I suppose I can wish for a few more. Here goes:
1. Guthwine
2. Eomer's Helm
3. Theoden's Helm
4. Aeglos
5. Sauron's Mace
6. MC Anduril (might as well; I've got the other two)
7. Boromir's Shield

well Valkrist, I thought about what you said regarding the MC Guthwine...and I do agree with you 100%. It makes a lot more sense for a regular edition to be made. However, the only reason i dreamt of an MC version was that the balance, i find, on my Theoden's sword is far from at least remotely equivalent to how it should be (but i still love the sword!)....and the MC would improve the sword a LOT (if UC's quality control every improves itself that is..lol).

Well, even without an actual poll being started...nice to see a few patterns already! :)

The Flame of the West wrote:This brings back memories of the hectic period we went through a while back, when a ton of stuff was released all at once. Then we speculated what would come next...Too bad it was the end that came
Yes, all those wishful threads directed at UC to make our favourite weapons. Heck, we must have had over fifty of them. Anyways, here's a few pieces I would buy...

Grimas Dagger
Eomer's Helm
Eomer's Sword

Those are my top three, however, I would probably buy some other stuff such as Sauron's mace, and Boromir's shield if they came out too.
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Ahhh yes. I remember those days as well. In fact, I can remember that a new thread for a new weapon was being made everyday... at least until we ran out of possible weapons.

I think that the number one sword, that everyone can agree on, is Eomer's sword. That would complete the Rohan set for the most part, setting the helms aside for the time being. I have thought about getting the Rohan set for quite some time now... perhaps if there is news about Guthwine... I might have to go out and get the other two.

We have spoken and hopefully, our voices will be heard.
Valar morghulis

Agreed, my friend. Forums have been very quiet lately...However, I think that a very formal poll should be used...(I voted anyways) I think it would be interesting for there to be a very publicized poll with maybe 10 potential pieces to be mentioned and see if the entire forum (or at least the active members) would put in a vote...

Hell, might even be able to convince UC they could make some money by listening to the fans (for once).

Return to “Products you'd like to see”