Re: Fake UC LOTR's Swords and helms (i think)

Really? 130 quid doesn't seem bad at all for the helm and shipping. In fact, that's like what, $225? That's cheaper than a lot of people in America will pay I imagine, unless they know where to shop like I do ;)
It may take a little bit longer to get to you, but you got a bloody good deal there, my friend :)
Last edited by The Flame of the West on Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I found this Witch King dagger replica, the fittings seem not too bad, but the blade is ridiculously too large...:lol_blue:

the description says :
[size=-1]Although not a licensed product, the Black Rider Dagger is very similar to the dagger used by the Witchking of Angmar to stab Frodo Baggins in the Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring. Features a sharpened stainless steel blade, cast metal guard and pommel, and a leather wrapped grip. Includes a black leather scabbard. [/size]
[size=-1]Overall Length: 23 1/8 In Blade: 15 3/4 In
[/size]
$34.95
UC Sting ; UC Sting Scabbard ; UC Glamdring ; UC Narsil ; UC Shards of Narsil (2735/5000) ; UC MC Sting (323/3000) ; UC MC Glamdring (105/1000) ; UC Anduril UE + scabbard ; UC Herugrim ; UC Uruk-Hai Scimitar ; Kropserkel Gondorian Vambraces ; IndyProps Redbook of Westmarch ; IndyProps Thror's Map ; NC Crown of Elessar ; NC Evenstar ; NC Phial of Galadriel ; MR The One Ring of Sauron 1887/2500 ; Danbury Minas Tirith & Barad Dur ; Knife of Sharkû the warg rider; The Sauron sized One Ring ; Albion Armorers Conan's Atlantean Sword (61/1000)
my props collection : http://www.yourprops.com/view_items.php ... e=oldtobby

Yeah, usually they do better on the fittings than anything else.... Aside from being too large, the blade is also missing the double fullers.
But, overall, it's not a bad job, especially since the item doesn't have any competition from UC or TNC, etc.
The price seems slightly higher than I'd e xp ect from a fake dagger. I see they have a fake Gúthwinë on that site, too.
Last edited by Urambo Tauro on Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here are some pics of a knock-off Glamdring I bought for 30 bucks. It's so clunky and heavy... the blade isn't even symmetrical! When I bought this I was fully aware that it would be a low quality item but I figured... what the heck. For 30 dollars I'd have a sword and scabbard that I could fool around with and not care about damaging it in the least. Despite its obvious shortcomings it has a sturdy and solid feel. I took a few snapshots of a side by side comparison with UC's Glamdring and the differences are quite glaring.

Last edited by Balrog Obliterator on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Movie Reproductions: Museum Collection Glamdring #374/1000, Blue & White Glamdring Scabbards, 2 Mini Glamdrings, Museum Collection Sting #2041/3000, Sting Scabbard, Mini Witchking Sword, House of Flying Daggers Sword of Jin & Leo, Pirate Cutlass Scimitar Sword, Pirate Cutlass Scimitar Sword (Cup Hilt),

Japanese Blades:
Naginata (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel, & Wood Saya) 2 Katanas (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel, & Wood Sayas) 1 Katana (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, Folded Steel & Wood Saya) 2 Shirasaya Katanas (Full Tang, Hand-Forged, Heat Tempered 1045 high carbon steel, Wood Sayas)

Return to “Report Fakes”