Re: nead thoughts

I agree. Just save money. Buying cheap crap until you can afford the real deal is worthless, because that $35 would get you to the real thing sooner than if you bought the fake.
As fakes go though, that doesn't look too bad, though like Anarion said, you're unlikely to get one that looks that 'good'.

Save your money, dude. Resist the temptation and heed the good advice given by others here: that's $35 more toward the genuine article. Not only that, but buying a fake only encourages scam artists to make more. Do your part to stop that from happening.

Depends where your buying it. If your buying this fake from an online store, I garantie that it will not look like the pic that you posted. And it would be pooly made too. If your buying it from a local store, and have held it and studied it and it ends up being decent, then go for it, 35 bucks is a deal. But UC is the only place thatll have a sell a good quality display sting. Why would you need a sword for drama class? Wouldnt your school not allow weapons such as swords into a drama class? Why not make somthing instead thats safe out of wood or plastic :cheers:
-wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

I've seen one of those. It's an S3-1004 made by S3 Knife Traders. (Actually, the sheath is an option- its number is S3-1004a.) It is a knock-off of UC's UC1264 Sting (stainless, not the MC one) and UC1300 Sting Scabbard.
I bought one for twenty bucks(sheath included), and it's very nice -considering the price. The main difference between UC's UC1264/UC1300 and the S3-1004 is quality.
The picture you have provided is exactly how it looks, a photograph of the actual item. The elf-lettering is somewhat sloppier than UC, but legible(if you can read Tengwar). The handle is made of cheap wood and the leaf design appears to be applied with a silver-colored marker. The handle is also thicker that UC's. The sheath fittings are nearly accurate, but quite less intricate than UC's. The built-in belt hole is there, just like UC's. However, the curl on the chape is replicated on the "back" side, unlike the UC1300(not a big deal, IMO).
I have dis-assembled the S3-1004, and yes, it does have a cheap welded-on rat-tail with a nut holding the handle and guard to the blade. The nut is convered, however, by the pommel which is simply glued on.
I would say that for the amount of work put into copying UC's pieces, they did a decent job. On a scale of one to ten for closeness to UC's Sting & Scabbard, I give the S3-1004 a seven/eight.
Last edited by Urambo Tauro on Mon May 09, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've always felt that buying a knockoff sword to save a few bucks the same as buying a rubber blow-up doll instead of finding a date.

It's all fine until your friends find out and wonder why you even bothered... ;)
LOTR- Narsil*Shards*Anduril LE w/Scabbard*Sting w/Scabbard*Strider's w/Scabbard*Uruk-hai*Glamdring w/Scabbard*Witchking
Ringwraith*Hadhafang*Herugrim*Boromir*Eowyn*Legolas Knives w/Scabbards*Aragorn Knife*Elven Warrior Sword*Shards & Anduril Minis
Gil Hibben- Silver Shadow*Double Shadow*Highlander*Raven*Dragon Lord*Jackal*Griffyn*Scorpion*Raptor*Presentation Dagger
TigerShark*Claw*Claw II* FPR- Warbird Dagger & Bowie*Hornet*Odyssey Gold- TigerShark*Eye of Draconus*Centurion*Titan
Kit Rae- Fangs of Baelin*Vaelen UC-Round Table,Lancelot,Sorcerer,Pendragon Daggers

Re: Need thoughts

Yup... definately get the UC version. IF you get the fake... you might as well throw away $35 down the toilet... or give it to me... haha

I'd never even consider buying a fake... unless it was given... which in that case... i would break it.
Valar morghulis

Return to “Report Fakes”