Re: Fakes

Thorin wrote:Thats hilarious.

"Blade Material: Stainless Steel Curved" Haven't heard that one before.

and then

"Hardwood Plaque design may vary" How could it vary? Do they change it everytime? LOL

Probably means that the plaques in the pics are UC's, and they did some cuttin' and pastin' lol.

The sad thing is, I've seen all these in person at a fleamarket lol. The "aragron knife" is prbably the best replica of all of them that was there. THe Sting was second best. I saw a Glamdring there and the "elven runes" on the cross guard, were randomly assorted english alphabet letters lol. It was like AKDHG, something like that lol. These things make me want to go up to them and hit them with a hammer . . .
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.

Ya, I can just imagine me with a ski mask and a hammer running up to a flea market lol. It would be like musical chimes, except chimes are better representations of swords than these.
 ! Warning
The signature picture extension is not installed.

I was at the militery store the other day (for boots) and had a good laugh seeing a couple fakes like these for sale. They were pretty darn e xp ensive though, about $100cnd for arwens sword. Kinda makes you more thankful for UC and other companys like windlass and hanwei for making good quality swords for low prices.
:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

I think i found a couple of the best (as in worst, not almost UC looking, but horrible) fakes ever... here is "sting"

and here is the "ringwraith" sword

it also comes in a blue version... this sword doesnt even remotely resemble the UC version, or any other fake actually.

and i am guessing this is supposed to be strider's ranger sword

it is listed as the lotr blue sword

I give these the "Utterly Pathetic" Award... shoot couldnt even get the color of the ranger sword right.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Return to “Report Fakes”