Re: Someone..anyone...please Please Please Help Me !!! :(

We can leave this link up. Why? None of the swords on there are official United Cutlery Products. They are all knock-offs and cheap, very cheap replicas that are probably manufactured in Pakistan.

So. If you want a solution to your knock-off? The best thing to do is have a professional weld the tang onto the pommel. It can be done... it just takes a skilled person or knowledgable. Depending on that... you may just want to buy the REAL United Cutlery product.

Thats my advice. Thanks for bringing us this link... we can steer members away from this site now.
Valar morghulis

LinkD3 wrote:what I have now is a pommel, that when you try to screw on the sword... just keeps spinning... snd spinning... snd spinning.... narsil is dead.. unless theres somthing I can do?.. the only thing that is holding it back is that the Tang is to short and its not going in deep enough into the pommel
Fill it up with Goop, its the solution to everything! Or bubble gum... anything to make it stick :p

If the threads on the pommel are stripped, there is an easy fix that should hold sufficiently.

First, empty the pommel of any loose shavings. Clean it out with compressed air if you can.
Get a cold-weld product like JB Weld, mix it up well and fill the pommel where the threads were.
Next, find out what the thread size is on the tang and get a matching tap from a tap/die set. If you don't have one, you can buy single taps/dies. Don't forget the handle!
After the cold-weld has cured, drill a fresh hole where the tang will threaad into. The hole must be smaller than the tang-thread or you will have to start over. Refer to the chart in a tap/die set to find what size drill bit to use.
Then, tap new threads in the hole. Make sure you use the right thread size!

An easier (but sloppy) fix can be made using the cold-weld:
First, empty the pommel of any loose shavings. Clean it out with compressed air if you can.
Get a cold-weld product like JB Weld, mix it up well and fill the pommel where the threads were.
Immediately assemble the sword and secure it together until the cold-weld cures.
(By the way, wipe off the excess cold-weld that squeezes out while it's still gooey!)

Good luck!

Wow, I just checked my LE anduril and it says...
Grima's LE Anduril wrote:
handcrated in Taiwan

...exactly spelt like yours ebayconquistador (and I know mine is official). Ive seen a couple misspellings from UC, on the packaging, I think on the certificates aswell. Anyways, if you already are familiar with UCs products (meaning you've bought some), you should be able to tell if its a fake. Does the Packing look the similar to others? the certificate? Is there the logo on the blade? etc.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.
:cheers:
~wormtongue
Do you have the maniacs, or the schizophrenics, or the astrophysicists in your family?

Return to “Report Fakes”