Re: Should I Trust Them???

Fake, fake, fake. Even the ones that are hiding behind legit UC photos are likely fake due to the low price. $129 for an Elendil Helm?!?

Particularly craptacular is Sauron's Helm, not to mention the items that UC never made, like Guthwine, Axe of Gondor, and Rohirrim Elite Throwing Spear?!? Who in their right mind would buy this junk?

BTW, I'm moving this thread to the Fakes area.

Definitely fake. Good way to tell is they don't list the UC model number. Also, they're far too cheap to be legit. Image quality is beyond poor, and the names of the pieces themselves are off. "Narsil Reforged"?

Stick with mainstream retailers. They're e xp ensive, but they have awesome service and reliability. The guys who sponsor this forum are great, and you can always shop around a bit. Reviews on sites are always helpful. I only buy from a single site. Reliability and trust in collecting is worth every penny. I'd be willing to bet just about everyone on this site has a story of a site that has either had amazing service, or a 'great deal' that screwed them up in the end.

EDIT: BTW, Locke, awesome user name ;)

Wow. Thanks for bringing this site to our attention.

Let is be known that whenever you are buying anything on-line, that you should check the background of the retailer and the products they are selling. There are a lot of fakes out there and we really need to put an end to them. Learn the differences and then tell others about what you've learned.

Did anyone catch the reversed plaque for their "unlimited" anduril? :crazy: :knuppel2:
Valar morghulis

Yeah, I saw the upside down plaque for Anduril.

BTW, didn't UC tell us once that they have a link on their site to report fakes being sold under legit UC product photos? I think this place definitely falls into that category. Granted we don't know with 100% certainty that they are all fakes, but it seems just a little too obvious from the crap items and the super cheap prices.

Yes they do!

"Intellectual Property violation is a growing problem for the cutlery industry. Every time a counterfeit product is sold into the market place, it devalues and infringes on the authentic licensed or patented product. This hurts the entire industry by taking sales away from legally licensed manufacturers, and by the risk of an inferior product released in the market, which may potentially hurt a consumer. United Cutlery takes design and product infringement very seriously. UCC actively pursues legal action against counterfeiters and has been successful in its claims against counterfeiters.

If you have a question about whether a product is authentic, or if you find a counterfeit product under a license that UCC holds, or a design or patent of UCC’s, please contact us at 800-548-0835 or send an email to Anti-piracy@unitedcutlery.com"

That should do it :)
Valar morghulis

welcome to the forum john_ :coolsmile

a comperny who sells furnituer and also sells lotr sword,hmm dosent mix.
and yes thise are cheap ugly ripoffs,proberbly made in parkistan.stay away for crab like this.fake lotr items and fake comersel. :angry:
is this actuly legal ??
has enyone e-mailed united cutlery about this yet. :huh:

Ive also found that if you E-mail places and ask if they are UC items or not that they will actually reply back to you honestly and let you know they are not. You also need to watch out for when they say "Inspired by" the movie LotR, cause then they can actualy say that they are not authentic but repos

Return to “Report Fakes”