Horrible horrible horrible site...

The site I'm talking about is Hanzoswords.com

I'm a huge fan of chinese stuff and history, and that obviously makes me a huge fan of wuxia movies. After watching The house of the flying daggers (Recommended btw!) I completely fell in love with captain Jin's sword, and instantly went looking for a replica, and I found one.

http://www.hanzoswords.com/Captain-Jins ... p_278.html

When I got the sword, I was quite disappointed.

The blade was stainless, and bad quality, not carbon steel.

The scabbard was all low quality wood, with crack paint on, and not wood wrapped in leather. Same goes for handle.

The blade was anything but sharp, it's the widest most blunt edge I have ever seen, you wouldn't be able to kill a mouse with it.

Not only did they do a legendary fail at the description, the sword was damaged as well.

The blade itself had huge scratches, and the scabbard was broken, wich left me with 2 hours of work.

The sword does look great on display, and is a somewhat correct replica. And I obviously didn't e xp ect anything grand at that price, but man, there's a line.
I tried to contact them about it, and e xp ected some pathetic e xp laination or something. Instead, I didn't get a reply at all, after contacting them several times.

So I guess you shouldn't try buying from these guys, unless you're looking for katanas, they seem pretty serious about katanas.

Re: Horrible horrible horrible site...

Well, of course, I didn't e xp ect the sword to be anything spectacular, but heck, there's a limit. At least the description could be somewhere near the truth.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Re: Horrible horrible horrible site...

Also, I'm not gonna try and sort it out with them. First off, they're not replying to my emails. Secondly, it would leave me with about 100 bucks of shipping costs. And third, the sword looks awesome at display now, after I fixed up the sheath by gluing toghether the cracked parts, added some epoxy here and there, and painted it up nicely.
"I had the blues, 'cause I had no shoes, until upon the street, I saw a man who had no feet"

The biggest problem about a zombie-apocalypse would be to hide my excitement about it

Return to “Report Fakes”